Introduce Yourself!

I am Slit-mouthed Girl. You can call me Amelie.
I decided to read Umineko when I saw zts on the staff list and read a spoiler concerning the first game. Baroque music is one of my favorites, along with orchestral trance and techno. I also love sweets.

Sometimes, I will translate things on a whim. If you have any questions, you can ask me or @Isae.
But ask anything ridiculous and I will bite.

Let’s get along!

9 Likes

@Kuchisakeonnanoko Wait wait, why would we send questions about you to @Isae?

@Aspirety I was talking about translations! Isae and I will definitely get along, but I don’t believe we have met yet.
@epika You gave a drawing of Beato to Ryuukishi? This is so heartwarming… I’m sure he keeps it pinned somewhere!

2 Likes

@Kuchisakeonnanoko I figured that was what you meant. Nice to meet you, by the way! :smile:

Hello everyone,

I’m UsagiTenpura, a graphic designer and student in psychology, who’s been into 07th Expansion since Higurashi VN. I may be known to some as a member of WitchHunt, and currently part of the small team that handles the MangaGamer remake of Umineko. Found this website while looking at the Steam community for it. Was wishing to see a community that could revive the flame of debates and theories. Hope I landed on the right place.

I get very passionated about some stories, and feel like I’m always seeking that. Higurashi was a powerful drug in that sense, but nothing really surpassed Umineko. I also read other ryuukishi work, but sadly none really compared to these two. Rose Guns Days was pretty fun tho.

Good luck to this community!

7 Likes

Milestone reached! We got someone from WitchHunt!

Great to see you join us @UsagiTenpura! I guarantee your thirst for heated debates and theory-crafting will be sated once we get into the Umineko Tea Party. But don’t feel like you need to wait; jump into any topic or make your own and join the conversations already around. I pray you find our community both intellectual and elegent.

And also, I extend my formal welcome to @44ron, @ZakM, @keeperofencarta, @spanishjohn, @LTexLT and @Kuchisakeonnanoko! I hope you are all enjoying out forum, and don’t forget to check out our Discord Chat!

3 Likes

A mass welcome to @spanishjohn, @LTexLT, @Kuchisakeonnanoko, and @UsagiTenpura! I hope Rokkenjima is a suitable home for you Ryukishi07 fans out there! :smiley:

I’ll have to remember that when I start reading Umineko. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, power to you! I love VGM and anime music as well, to the point of own a small, but humble collection. I hope, when you’re famous, I can find a place for your works on my shelf. :smile:

Amelie is much easier to pronounce, so sure. :wink:

Well, I guess it depends on what you consider ridiculous. How do you feed a fish to a small girl without telling her you killed it? :grin:

Also, @UsagiTenpura, guessing from your profile pic, are you a fan of Rewrite? :smiley:

1 Like

@Aspirety Thank you very much Aspirety,

Tho I can’t really show anything like screenshots, I’m willing to say some things about the remake. I can say that the updated translation has the potential to communicate things that were lost in the original translation which could make the arcs easier to solve, so hoping that contributes to reviving the flames. Nice welcome :slight_smile:

@EisenKoubu
Yes I’m a big fan of Rewrite. Originally read it learning that Ryuukishi wrote an arc in it, but ironically ended up liking others a lot better and it became one of my favourite story out there. Wondering a lot how the upcoming anime will he handled there… hoping it does a better job then Deen with umineko ^^;;

2 Likes

I stuff half of the fish in my mouth and give the girl the other.
@UsagiTenpura Hello, and good luck for your exams! I hope you don’t have to play the subject in too many studies just to get a few credits~

Hi Kuchisakeonnanoko, such an overkill username, and thank you lol… I feel like I could rant about this for a while if I started to so I’ll spare any comment.

@Kuchisakeonnanoko

Yes I did! When I got Ryukishi’s autograph, I gave it to him and his translator said that he was so happy and that he’ll show it to his staff!

I was lucky enough to get a picture with him. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply haha!

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m Lily, I’m from the UK and I really love Umineko!
I was introduced to 07th Expantsion about three years ago through the Umineko manga, and I’ve basically been in seacats hell ever since. I’ve read bits of the vns as well, and up to Meakashi-hen of the Higurashi manga (I’m more into Umineko than Higurashi but I intend to finish it someday). Fave characters are Beatrice, Clair and Bernkastel (ok sayo yasuda is basically my fave but)
Other stuff I like includes Touhou Project, Steven Universe, Undertale, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, Utena, and Madoka Magica. Mostly Touhou tbh.
I’m most active in fanbases as an artist (and to a lesser extent, a cosplayer) and I really like to draw/paint - my tumblr/deviantart username is sidelys if you want to follow me there!

7 Likes

@grimoire Welcome to our fragment Lily! We’re very appreciative of creative types here; I hope we can count on some fanart contributions on you for our future Tea Parties!

1 Like

I’m probably one of the oldest folks here, also from Texas like a number of others. I followed a link here a couple times and then forgot to register. I argued about Umineko for many years on Animesuki and then I didn’t do that anymore and still don’t. I am somewhat familiar with R07’s other works but not to the same extent as Umineko, which I admire for its literary ambitions even as I am rather critical of its execution.

In 2012-2013 I wrote and programmed the Umineko fan VN Redaction of the Golden Witch (originally published on YouTube), plus some other things here and there. I got busy with work and didn’t really do anything else with Umineko for some time, but was reminded of it because of an email. I should probably revise it as I’ve been working on novels since and hoo boy I could do a lot of fix-up on it.

And that’s about it.

10 Likes

First of all welcome to the community.

I assume you mean smaller translations rather than full VNs? If so I actually have a request if you’d be willing. The Umineko wiki has a translation of the extra TIP “Our Confession” but it’s missing several pages that the translator did not have. Scans of the entire original version seem to be readily available on the internet now, would you consider translating the missing sections?

@UsagiTenpura welcome to the community, it’s always great having members of Witch-hunt here. It’s also great to have more people who have read RGD as it gets no love.

@Renall welcome. I always admire people who can make interesting fan projects.

3 Likes

Hello!
I\m I’m a 22-or-so years old fan from Sweden.
I guess the most interesting part here is Umineko, so let’s start with that.
Second year of high school, I had a friend who threw it over on my laptop one day, and having nothing better to do (remember, high school), and although wary of the art at first, I started reading it.
Then I didn’t stop.
This would have been in the fall of 2010, I think, so I was not very early with this.

Other than that, I make computers do silly things and currently work a day job telling people how to unmess whatever device they currently messed up (which means I do call center work, but at least the calls are short).

I’ve kept wanting to reread Umineko for a while, and while visiting my local bookstore recently found out they carry the mangas… And spent about $187 buying the first three Episodes. Whooooops.

Most of my free time is spent poking at my PC, or tweeting. Sometimes I do some light translation work to keep my Japanese from deteriorating all too much.

7 Likes

Hey, I’m Rabla. Yes, I’m rather late, let’s ignore that.

I’m a 21 year old guy from NSW Australia, currently drifting from course to course trying to find a passion and struggling to find employment. In the meantime, videogames.

My only real experience with 07th Expansion so far are the two (soon to be three) Higurashi releases on Steam, which I find kind of rough but fascinating. I’ve also read the first part of the Umineko manga, though its a bigger book so its probably multiple volumes. So far just off that stuff I prefer Higurashi, but its kind of an unfair battle at this point.

How did I find Rokkenjima? Aspirety is a MASSIVE shill. Won’t stop can’t stop. Nah but seriously, I ghost on Kazamatsuri and it was hard to miss an even bigger passion of his appear earlier in the year among the mess of jokes.

Interests outside of 07th Expansion? A lot. JRPGs are my life, but I play a lot of other videogames. Fun is fun, and I’m easily amused. I got into Visual Novels as a genre through animation adaptions of Visual Art’s Key’s works, and played some of their un-animated works at the time. I dabble in other VNs here and there but nothing I really liked enough to dedicate myself to actually putting aside time for VNs outside of Key’s stuff… until I read Higurashi, and that’s where we loop back to the start.

Good to be here! Maybe I’ll actually use this forum.

9 Likes

Big difference I’m seeing is that, rather than with Key where you’ve already read everything, 07th is completely new territory. I look forward to all of your first impressions! I wish I could go back to my first time with Higurashi and Umineko.

1 Like

Another Australian, we need more Aussies, so welcome! Also, good taste of games and VN’s :slight_smile:

Heyo, I’m Tessa, I’m from Finland and I do translations, buy merch, occasionally draw… A lot of things, really! If there’s anything R07 related you need translated, feel free to ask, I don’t bite! This site was recommended to me on Twitter quite a while ago, but I never got around posting until now, and I’m very excited to meet more R07 fans!

I got into Umineko some years ago, but only recently (less than a year ago, I think) did I reread and actually finish it (I think I left it at EP6 the first time I tried getting into it for some reason…) I’ve also read Higurashi and am currently in the middle of reading RGD, and while I do love all of Ryukishi’s work, Umineko hit me the hardest out of them all. The characters are all incredibly dear to me, and I can’t wait to see what Trianthology brings us!

Other than that, I don’t know if there’s anything else worth mentioning about myself… I play a lot of videogames (lately Dark Souls 3 and FFXIV), and I really like visual novels and fashion! Sorry for the stiff introduction, but I promise I’m pretty chill and friendly when it comes down to it…!! Let’s get along! ^ q ^ ‘’

6 Likes