Introduce Yourself!

Just steer clear of any topics marked ‘spoilers’, any Umineko character topics and any topic for episodes you haven’t read yet, and you should be fine. Untagged spoilers are a bannable offence here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m a 18 years old guy from Hungary. My first encounter with 07th Expansion’s works was the Higurashi VN (strangely, I’ve never seen the anime or read the manga). I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially Kai (Meakashi and Minagoroshi were my favorite arcs).
Currently I’m reading Umineko and I’m in the middle of episode 6. I really like it, despite I’ve managed to spoil myself about the truth some weeks ago (same thing happened with Higurasi, I guess I never learn. -.-)

Besides 07th’s works, my favorite anime/manga series are:
Berserk
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fate/Zero
Elfen Lied

Favorite movies are Interstellar and the Matrix.

My favorite music genres are Progressive House, Psytrance and Industrial Metal, but I listen to a huge variety of genres and have my favs everywhere.
Speaking of music, I absolutely love the OST for Umineko, I find it very unique (baroque and techno elements mixing together). Goldenslaughterer is the one I listen to the most in these days.

My favorite 07th characters… Let’s see…
Definitely Shion, Oishii and Takano from Higurashi.

From Umineko, I can’t help but choose the MCs, Battler and Beatrice, they are so well-written and entertaining.
I also like Ange (don’t really understand the hate towards her, did they screw up her character in the anime or something??)
And Dlanor is my newest favorite, she is so awesome/scary and even funny with her engrish (GREAT EQUARRIZER IS THE DETH :D) (btw I still haven’t figured out what this line means).
The one I absolutely hate (not as a character but as a person) is Erika (but yeah I guess thats the purpose of a good antagonist).

Finally, about how I found this website: I was browsing r/visualnovels reddit and found the link there. I was searching for an english site dedicated to 07th before, but strangely I’ve never bumped into this one.
So yeah, I’m looking forward to some great discussion with you guys!

Aaron

8 Likes

Hi everyone.
I’m Zak, visual novel enthusiast from the United Kingdom, joining this community from Kazamatsuri as an avid supporter and fan of works from Key, having recently developed an interest for the When They Cry franchise.

I was introduced to works of 07th Expansion through the anime adaptation of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni which I ended up not liking very much at all.

However my interest in the work of Ryukishi07 skyrocketed after reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni, which I was reluctant to start initially, but seeing how @Aspirety was so passionate about the series I felt the temptation to read it myself. And I did. And I don’t regret it. And here I am bragging about how brilliant it was :stuck_out_tongue:

When a story captivates me I’m usually the optimistic guy who goes out of his way to overthink small details, theorycraft ridiculous scenarios, argue it out, but most importantly make dank memes in the process ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Subsequently for these reasons I tend to find myself commonly being “that guy” who nobody agrees with.

Always nice to see innovative ideas to further a franchise’s fanbase/community. Hoping this place will be a success.

6 Likes

Hey guys! I’m Matt, I’m from Wisconsin, and When They Cry is more or less my religion and my senior thesis topic. I’ve been immersed since 2008 when I discovered the Higurashi anime, and have watched/read all the VNs too many times to count.

While I find the mystery of Rokkenjima to be intriguing, my focus is less on the events on the island and more focused on the relationships between Voyagers and pieces, Theatergoers and the boards, and of course the concepts embodied and how they reflect across the different games and non-WTC games.

The happiest moment of my life was meeting Ryukishi, having him verify a theory related to Lambda, and then giving me a unique Golden Truth about the series and giving me some insider info about the (at the time) upcoming manga installment.

I hope to find lots of new friends to help test my theories and to expand my thinking with their own!!!

9 Likes

A mass welcome to @Haruji-san, @furudo_knox, @Nekobako55, @hthxc, @44ron, @keeperofencarta, and fellow Kazamatsurians @Yerian and @ZakM! I hope you all have a good time here in Rokkenjima! o/

[quote=“Haruji-san, post:95, topic:64”]
So yeah, I know the basic story and the solution and all that.
[/quote]Congratulations. Don’t spoil it for me, please~ XP

My favorite anime, aside from Higurashi, would be Kanon, Clannad, Air, Soul Eater, and anything Studio Ghibli.
[/quote]Have you considered becoming a member of Kazamatsuri? :smile:

One thing about myself I’d like everyone to know is that I have Asperger’s Syndrome, so social interaction is… not easy.
[/quote]I feel you, man. I don’t know for sure that I have Asperger’s, but my family has found very clear signs of it in my personality. I’m sure it’s something you’ll grow out of over time, as long as you make an effort to do so. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Nekobako55, post:99, topic:64”]
You can call me Mii.
[/quote]Sure thing, Mii-kun~ :smile:

[quote=“hthxc, post:100, topic:64”]
I live in south Texas, and although I would consider myself a fan, I’m still working through Ryukishi’s works.
[/quote]Hey, another Texan! I’m pretty much in the same boat, having only read Onikakushi-hen. Perhaps we might cross paths in a future Tea Party? :wink:

[quote=“ZakM, post:103, topic:64”]
I’m usually the optimistic guy who goes out of his way to overthink small details, theorycraft ridiculous scenarios, argue it out, but most importantly make dank memes in the process ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[/quote]We need more people like you here. :smile:

[quote=“keeperofencarta, post:104, topic:64”]
The happiest moment of my life was meeting Ryukishi
[/quote]Oh, wow! That’s awesome! I guess you finally achieved enlightenment, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hey, I’m Nikolai. I’m 21 and from the US.
I first got into Higurashi in 2007 when I watched the anime, and from there on I’ve tried to read and watch anything I could from 07th. I still have yet to finish the VNs of Higanbana (Second Night) and Rose Guns Days (Last Season). I haven’t started anything past RGD yet.
As for my favorite, I cycle between Higurashi, Umineko, and RGD. The more I think about each series the more each one’s strengths win out over the others’.
I found Rokkenjima through a mutual tumblr follower who linked to it, but I don’t know if she has an account here yet.
Other interests? I don’t do much outside of working and sleeping, but I love the Persona series, Pokemon, Buffy, lots of various things.

I’m not a very talkative person, so I may not post a lot, but I’m definitely open to conversing with fellow 07th Expansion fans.

9 Likes

Hello, I’m LTexLT. I live in France and I’m 19. I often prefer being called Bern though among umineko fans.

I got into 07th expansion’s universe by listening to umineko soundtracks on youtube.
Then I decided to give a try to the VN and became a great fan since then.
I also watched the Higurashi anime and started reading the VN.

I’m a huge fan of video game and anime soundtracks and aim to become a composer.
I also love programming and taking care of my community on my software which is totally not umineko related and totally not called Umineko Online. I won’t discuss it more unless asked though since I don’t want to transgress the community guidelines.

9 Likes

@LTexLT don’t stress! We’re generally pretty lax about people promoting their own fan projects. I might even say make a topic about it! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks. I was just worried about the rule regarding piracy since my project contains Umineko’s assets.

2 Likes

I am Slit-mouthed Girl. You can call me Amelie.
I decided to read Umineko when I saw zts on the staff list and read a spoiler concerning the first game. Baroque music is one of my favorites, along with orchestral trance and techno. I also love sweets.

Sometimes, I will translate things on a whim. If you have any questions, you can ask me or @Isae.
But ask anything ridiculous and I will bite.

Let’s get along!

9 Likes

@Kuchisakeonnanoko Wait wait, why would we send questions about you to @Isae?

@Aspirety I was talking about translations! Isae and I will definitely get along, but I don’t believe we have met yet.
@epika You gave a drawing of Beato to Ryuukishi? This is so heartwarming… I’m sure he keeps it pinned somewhere!

2 Likes

@Kuchisakeonnanoko I figured that was what you meant. Nice to meet you, by the way! :smile:

Hello everyone,

I’m UsagiTenpura, a graphic designer and student in psychology, who’s been into 07th Expansion since Higurashi VN. I may be known to some as a member of WitchHunt, and currently part of the small team that handles the MangaGamer remake of Umineko. Found this website while looking at the Steam community for it. Was wishing to see a community that could revive the flame of debates and theories. Hope I landed on the right place.

I get very passionated about some stories, and feel like I’m always seeking that. Higurashi was a powerful drug in that sense, but nothing really surpassed Umineko. I also read other ryuukishi work, but sadly none really compared to these two. Rose Guns Days was pretty fun tho.

Good luck to this community!

7 Likes

Milestone reached! We got someone from WitchHunt!

Great to see you join us @UsagiTenpura! I guarantee your thirst for heated debates and theory-crafting will be sated once we get into the Umineko Tea Party. But don’t feel like you need to wait; jump into any topic or make your own and join the conversations already around. I pray you find our community both intellectual and elegent.

And also, I extend my formal welcome to @44ron, @ZakM, @keeperofencarta, @spanishjohn, @LTexLT and @Kuchisakeonnanoko! I hope you are all enjoying out forum, and don’t forget to check out our Discord Chat!

3 Likes

A mass welcome to @spanishjohn, @LTexLT, @Kuchisakeonnanoko, and @UsagiTenpura! I hope Rokkenjima is a suitable home for you Ryukishi07 fans out there! :smiley:

I’ll have to remember that when I start reading Umineko. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, power to you! I love VGM and anime music as well, to the point of own a small, but humble collection. I hope, when you’re famous, I can find a place for your works on my shelf. :smile:

Amelie is much easier to pronounce, so sure. :wink:

Well, I guess it depends on what you consider ridiculous. How do you feed a fish to a small girl without telling her you killed it? :grin:

Also, @UsagiTenpura, guessing from your profile pic, are you a fan of Rewrite? :smiley:

1 Like

@Aspirety Thank you very much Aspirety,

Tho I can’t really show anything like screenshots, I’m willing to say some things about the remake. I can say that the updated translation has the potential to communicate things that were lost in the original translation which could make the arcs easier to solve, so hoping that contributes to reviving the flames. Nice welcome :slight_smile:

@EisenKoubu
Yes I’m a big fan of Rewrite. Originally read it learning that Ryuukishi wrote an arc in it, but ironically ended up liking others a lot better and it became one of my favourite story out there. Wondering a lot how the upcoming anime will he handled there… hoping it does a better job then Deen with umineko ^^;;

2 Likes

I stuff half of the fish in my mouth and give the girl the other.
@UsagiTenpura Hello, and good luck for your exams! I hope you don’t have to play the subject in too many studies just to get a few credits~

Hi Kuchisakeonnanoko, such an overkill username, and thank you lol… I feel like I could rant about this for a while if I started to so I’ll spare any comment.

@Kuchisakeonnanoko

Yes I did! When I got Ryukishi’s autograph, I gave it to him and his translator said that he was so happy and that he’ll show it to his staff!

I was lucky enough to get a picture with him. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply haha!

2 Likes