Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Hibi on board!
Recovering weeboy here, although relapsing every now and then.
Still a slave to uni but whenever i can, i play vns or watch anime.
Naturally my favorite works are from Ryu with rgd/umi topping the list, however my tastes aren’t limited to his lineage alone. With predilaction a few nitro+ along with Key titles decorate my modest palette. My fav seacat is naturally siesta410, (partly due to her ps3 sprite being voiced by kita-eri, as i’m into seiyuus) her overall design and cheeky smugness is an inspiration on rainy days.
I came to find out about this group by chance on /jp/ subsection dedicated to wtc. I’m usually online d-cord on a daily basis but i will make an effort to post here as well.
Unfortunately i suck at gaming in general due to my extremely slow reaction-speed. The few games i tend to play are predominantly mmos like BnS or Tera but i try to limit myself when it comes to these time-snatchers and watch anime instead. If u are interested i could share my database on mal.
So yeah, for now that’s all the relevant info i could share without holding back nevertheless i might update this introduction if i see fit.
Thank you for reading, looking forward to an interesting time here.

9 Likes

Of all the introductions I’ve ever read before, yours has more personality than any I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading! I love it. Welcome to the family @HibiChika! Our community is a humble one, lying in wait until WTC5 before we really explode, but nonetheless I hope you take the time to join in the discussions here and maybe even jump on our Discord!

Hi there I’m miraculous but you can just call me mira.
I’m 18 and I’m from Brazil.
I encountered R07 through umineko when I was searching for soundtracks from dai and zts and it’s my favourite work in fiction, I’ve also read Higurashi, RGD and Higanbana and I’m looking forward to read Iwaihime and Hotarubi.
I found this site when I was searching for a place to debate about WTC,hopefully I landed on the right place.
Outside of 7th expansion works I like Key’s vns like Rewrite, I also like the infinity series and I read alot mystery novels (mainly because its my favourite genre).
I play the Violin and I wish to become a composer.
Hope we become friends :slight_smile:
(Sorry for my bad English I’m trying to improve it.)

8 Likes

Well, since no one has officially greeted you yet, welcome @miraculous!

Uh, any questions about the site can be directed towards Star, but I’m good at picking out topics of interest for people.
Anyway, enjoy your stay!

1 Like

Thanks @Pandora I appreciate it.
Are you a pandora hearts fan or is it a coincidence that your name(and picture) relate to the series?.

@miraculous 07thexpansion is pretty much my life, but yeah, I’m also a fan of Pandora Hearts.
You can check out the general I made if you’re curious.

Hey everyone, I’m Quixote(Named after that ‘knight’ of course). 18 and from the United States.

I first got introduced to 07th Expansion by the Higurashi anime a few years ago and loved it. I’m currently playing through the Higurashi VNs as they’re being released on Steam and read through a few of the side-story manga. After discovering Umineko it’s definitely become my favorite piece so far while also making me realize my love for the mystery genre. (Suggest any good books, Please :slight_smile: ) I have yet to check out any of Rose Gun Days, I have read a tiny amount of the Higanbana manga.

I first found Rokkenjima a while ago, I believe while I was looking around the Umineko wiki but am only now registering.

Outside of 07th I do enjoy several other Anime/Manga such as Monster, Liar Game & the Monogatari series, also a fan of the Touhou games… even if i’m pretty bad them them…

Bonus question? I very much look forward to any future podcasts, and will certainly check out those game-boards!

I hope I didn’t make this too long, I’ve never written an introduction post before :sweat_smile:.
Nice to meet you all!

11 Likes

Hello @Quixote! Welcome to our tiny little fragment. While I do not believe we have a general book thread yet, there is a thread on other visual novels that you can find here. There’s also a thread where we compare 07th expansion novels to classical Eastern/Western novels, which can be found here!

Oh! And if you’re interested in the podcasts, I’ll have you know that the Tatarigoroshi podcast is currently being recorded! If you’re interested in listening to it as it’s being recorded, join in the Discord and you can listen to it live. If not, you can listen to it here once it’s done (which will probably be pretty soon). And if you wish to participate in future podcasts, you can sign up for them here.

And if you want to join the Touhou 16 hype train, we have that too.

3 Likes

Welcome, and try not to tilt against some windmills, mmmmk? Theres no giants here.

1 Like

Hello and good day, Aiko/Clover here.
I’m from Bandung, Indonesia, currently still a student. I like to draw and write in my spare time.

I’m completely a fan to all 07th Expansion works! I have played all the games (except for newer ones, like Iwaihime and Trianthology). The first time I know 07th is from Higurashi anime, where my sister’s friend lent her the disc, but I ended up watching it and I love it. I forgot what happened afterwards other than the fact that I forgot the title but still love it. One day after a few years, I got to know the title and the whole universe by accident. I read the manga and scream. Then, I found out about Umineko, read the manga and play VN, then switching back to Higurashi VN in the middle (laughs). I finished Rose Guns Days in a month and Higanbana in a week (in holiday a few years back), but I haven’t finished Higurashi VN at the end (having known things from manga and anime and wikia)…
Since then, 07th and especially Ryukishi07 has been my idol; my role model. I want to be a writer as good as him. Not in mystery, though. I’m bad at it…
Umm, my favorite 07th work? Umineko, absolutely! Sometimes I re-played some scenes and tear up.

I found Rokkenjima from Twitter…a month ago, actually. I was searching for some news about 07th, I’m so happy to found this!

My interest outside 07th…anime/manga/VN in general. I’m currently obsessed with Touken Ranbu, which is a web browser game. Yeah, I have a pretty wide range for anime/manga/VN. As long as they’re good and I’m somehow hooked, I’ll love it. I watch almost every new animes in every seasons nowadays.

I probably won’t talk too much, thanks to busy life or just laziness, but I’ll try to read every now and then. Nice to meet you!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Clover_Zero! I hope you’ll consider joining us for the Higurashi Himatsubushi Tea Party we’re hosting over the next two weeks!

@Aspirety Thank you! I have final exams at the same time, though, so unfortunately, I can’t (laughs). And um, if it’s alright to ask this here…in what badge can I have access for discord channel?

Hello everyone! Came across this forum when it was first starting up, but I guess it took me a while to actually join. I’m from the US, but will be studying in Sweden for the next couple of years.

I first got into 07th Expansion by playing the Higurashi VN, which I loved. I played through the entire game with a friend, and we were both constantly constructing theories and trying to figure out what exactly was going on. After finishing both the VN and the anime, I decided to try out Umineko. To put it mildly, Umineko was absolutely stunning. It quickly became one of my favorite works of fiction, and has been on my mind pretty consistently since I finished reading it about a year ago.

Other than WTC, I’ve read both Higanbana VNs and started Rose Gun Days. I’m also working my way through the Umineko manga. While I haven’t read many other visual novels, I’m always open to suggestions. As far as other games go, I love the Elder Scrolls series and pretty much anything developed by Paradox Interactive.

I’m definitely looking forward to exploring the forum and seeing what everyone has to say about Higurashi and Umineko (especially what theories people have about how exactly they’re connected). I’m also super excited to discuss When They Cry 5 with everyone when it eventually comes out! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Welcome to our community, @Hassildor! Hope you like it here.

1 Like

Welcome here! Right now we’re in the Himatsubushi Tea Party, basically reading that chapter of Higurashi together and celebrating it, so please be sure to check that out. After all, we do have Full series Spoilers topics for veterans like you seem to be one. As I’m actually not a veteran, I’m not linking the topic right here, but as it should currently be pinned, you should easily find it. Also I bet that @Seraphitic is loving your avatar, (Umineko episode 4 spoilers? Maybe?) as he is the person that came up with the Kanon=Shannon theory.

1 Like

Thanks @Pandora! I’m sure I will.

And thanks @VyseGolbez! I’ll definitely check out the Tea Party.
(Whatever the previous level of spoiler was) Haha! Hadn’t even thought of my avatar applying to both of them. Though they are both furniture…

Ah, that’s right. (Also messaging @Clover_Zero)
You two should contact Star if you have any questions about the site. I’m also the self-appointed Virgillia of this place, so you can always ask me about any topics of interest you might have or want to create, as in your Apprentice status, you cannot make any threads.

Here is our Discord channel by the way: Rokkenjima Discord Chat
As well as the access code: Rokkenjima Discord Chat

I think it’s about time I introduce myself. Hello everybody, my name is HoneyComb. Nice to meet you all. My hobbies are anime, manga, vn’s, and games. Favorite manga is One Piece and favorite anime is Code Geass.

I’ve already forgotten how I discovered this site, but regardless, I’m glad I did. I haven’t posted much myself yet but I’ve really enjoyed reading other people’s comments and thoughts. Thanks Aspirety and moderators for making this place and keeping up such a good atmosphere.

So, so far I’ve read most of what I can by 07th expansion, but I’m still missing a few. I’ve seen both Higurashi and Umineko and I’ve read (manga) the first arcs for both of those. I’ve read (vn) all of higurashi but I’m in desperate need of a re-read. I’ve read 7 episodes of Umineko. I stopped at 7 because, at the time, I was having so much fun with the series, I just didn’t want it to end. I stopped so I could always have the last episode to fall back on when I needed my fix again. I’ve read the first higanbana night, still need the second night. And I’m currently reading Rose Guns Days; I’m on the fourth season. Oh and Lucia’s route in rewrite too. Obviously my favorite route as well.

I have to say, I was really surprised with the tone change in the later parts of Rose Guns Days. I know Ryukishi has written some extremely sad things before, but from what I can remember it’s never been enough to make me cry; twice at that. If anyone here hasn’t read Rose Guns Days, I highly recommend it. It might not be a higurashi/umineko plot, but Ryukishi shines just as much as usual in it.

Again, nice to meet everybody. I see the tea party is going on and I’d like to join in, but that all depends on if I can give myself some time to re-read. I’ll do my best/

12 Likes

Jibun wo sekai sae mo kaete shimaesou na shunkan wa itsumo sugu soba ni!
Whenever I see Code Geass that’s the first thing I think of! Well, that and the fact that I’m super excited for season 3!

Welcome to our happy little tiny fragment we call home. We absolutely welcome you to join in our tea parties, as well as the podcasts that come with them! I see you really liked Rose Guns Days, huh? I still need to finish it myself. I’m still reading Rose Guns Days, and I’m towards the beginning, so things are rather jovial at the moment. I’m interested to see when exactly that all changes…

I completely understand your feelings when it comes to Umineko. I didn’t want it to end either, but do not despair! As you may or may not be aware, the next when they cry has been announced! All we know about it is this teaser page. I don’t know about you, but my little grey cells are itching just thinking about the possibilities the next WTC will bring us.

It was nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy your stay! If you’re often on the go, I recommend joining in the Discord. It’s a nice way to get to know everyone! It’s also nice because Discord is a mobile app, so you can chat even when you are on the go!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Impaired. I live in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada and I discovered Higurashi through being recommended the manga by a friend of mine back in late 2015. I got hooked immediately and finished the series by the end of the year. I consider it to be my all-time favourite work of fiction, and Rena is one of my all-time favourite fictional characters. I first discovered Umineko through looking up other works by Ryukishi07 back then but didn’t experience it until chapters 1-4 were released on Steam.

I found the forums through a Tea Party podcast being posted to the /r/visualnovels subreddit. Some other interests of mine include Danganronpa (my avatar probably tipped that off), animation in general, and classical music. I hope to get to know everyone, and maybe I could experience Umineko chapters 5-8 with others here.

9 Likes