Introduce Yourself!

And same to you! I came for the mystery and stayed for the Ushiromiya family soap opera. Ive always found it interesting how those two aspects played out.

4 Likes

And I thought I was the only one with a Golden Eagle tattoo! I bet itā€™ll look awesome

Eyyyy! I bet it looks awesome : D
My friend Jessica and I are getting ours on the 5th,
Iā€™m getting mine in Beatriceā€™s thigh tattoo placement.

A mass welcoming to @Bofu, @italktowalls, @StarTurner, @EnDy_S, @Isae, @Aulin, and @Beatrice! Old habits die hard, I guessā€¦ :sweat_smile:

[quote=ā€œStarTurner, post:33, topic:64ā€]
my personality type is INTP
[/quote]Last I checked, Iā€™m INFP, so I guess our personalities are somewhat similar. :slightly_smiling:

[quote=ā€œEnDy_S, post:35, topic:64ā€]
Oh yeah and Kazamatsuri, I might seem like a new guy here but Iā€™m actually following that site since itā€™s first day, Itā€™s just that I usually donā€™t have time to take part in the conversations.
[/quote]Weā€™ve got many such lurkers in Kazamatsuri, but that doesnā€™t mean anything here. Weā€™re glad to have you regardless. :slightly_smiling:

[quote=ā€œAulin, post:38, topic:64ā€]
I really like TYPE-MOON
[/quote]Ay, me too. Fate/Stay Night, Melty Blood and Carnival Phantasm are cool. Iā€™m currently reading Fate/Apocrypha, and Iā€™m still waiting for that Tsukihime remake. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œBeatrice, post:39, topic:64ā€]
My other interests include Star Wars
[/quote]Did you like The Force Awakens? I know I did. :smile:

2 Likes

@EisenKoubu Yeah, INFP is the tactician, and INTP is the logician! (I think)

1 Like

Same! I love it, because I really was raised in a Star Wars household.

I canā€™t say Iā€™m not obsessed-- my kittenā€™s name is Kylo Ren :smile:
And Iā€™m also super obsessed with Phasma.

1 Like

Hello everyone Iā€™m Erika Furudo :laughing:

I was brought here by @tanasinn and 07th Expansion is what made me start my Visual Novel spree, but before that I was introduced to this lovely circle by the Higurashi anime in 2007 and once Kai aired it instantly became one of my favorites. It wasnā€™t until years later that I would finish the Visual Novel alongside with finishing Umineko.

After the Higurashi Kai anime ended I started reading Umineko curious with Ryukishiā€™s other works and oh man was I hooked from the start. Reading Umineko as my first Visual Novel in 2008 was so life-blowing for me it made me start reading novels again. Though Higurashi still holds a special place in my heart.

I canā€™t wait to read Iwaihime/Hotarubi whenever they do come out. I loved reading Higanbana, Rose Guns Days, and Rewrite.

Last July I went to Anime Expo with @Bofu and fangirled so hard when I saw Ryukishi. I was so happy when I gave him a drawing of Beato and he commented that he was going to show it to the staff. He even answered two of my questions at the panel, one in which I was hesitant in asking but did it anyway because YOLO.

My other interests include POKEMON, Steins;Gate, TYPE-MOON, KEY, Infinity Series (Never7/Ever17/Remember11+I/O), Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Sword Art Online.

Ever17 was my first interactive VN. I really canā€™t wait for Root Double to come out sometime this month since thatā€™s by one of the creators of the Infinity Series. I even asked Takumi Nakazawa who his favorite character in Umineko was and he replied that it was Beatrice.

Itā€™s nice to meet you all! :smile_cat:

12 Likes

I was introduced to Umineko by being hooked on the VN. From there I became pretty obsessed, especially with Ougon Musou Kyoku. I was upset that so few seemed to care about the fighter, since it looked gorgeous and was a lot of fun. (Not to mention the plot.)

Since no one seemed interested in doing a translation, I opted to do it myself.

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&action=images&id=2057&imageid=3

Looking forward to Uminekoā€™s official release, and maybe one of Ougon too. :wink:

8 Likes

Hi there!

@cj_iwakura Oh nice, you were responsible for OMKā€™s translation? Very glad to have you join us! Looks like weā€™ve already gotten quite a few of the translators among our ranks already!

And welcome also to @Aulin, @Beatrice and @epika! Our numbers are growing quite quickly! Be sure to check out our Discord chat too!

1 Like

Hey there! My nameā€™s Mr. Dent, Iā€™m an 18 year old kid from North America, and I was first introduced to 07th Expansion through a piece of Umineko fanart. One summer, I decided I was going to get into Visual Novels, and I saw fanart by hanokage, who drew the Madoka Magica manga, and after reading through some brief synopsis and stuff about Umineko, I thought ā€œWow, this looks just like Ace Attorney, but with magic!ā€

ā€¦I was told that it was actually a sequel to another Visual Novel, Higurashi, and as soon as I hopped into MangaGamerā€™s original TL, I found that my impressions were totally and completely off-base! Haha, but it was probably for the best that way. I fell in love with the characters, the universe, and, my god, the wonderful atmosphere and immersive environments. Fantastic stuff, really!

My favorite 07th Expansion game is Umineko, but I have played Higurashi, Higanbana, and Rose Guns Days. I found Rokkenjima from Tumblr, actually, a friend of mine reblogged a post about it and I hopped right in. (My Tumblrā€™s here, if you wanna follow me.)

Anyway, my other interests include: Zero Escape, Satomi Tadashiā€™s Persona, and Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. Currently, Iā€™m been trying to develop my own Visual Novel! Itā€™s coming alongā€¦ Rather Slowly. Anyway, I came hereā€¦ Because I love 07th Expansion, and I want to meet more friends who do!

8 Likes

@cj_iwakura Woah! I want to say thanks, Iwakura Productions have been involved in the translation of a bunch of cool stuff.

And hi there @epika!! Itā€™s nice to see more people I know outside of here.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Iā€™m 20 years old and Iā€™m American but Iā€™m currently studying in Italy. My real name is kinda weird so you can call me Nastu!

My very first experience with 07th Expansion was with Higurashi back in 2007! I found the anime and was like holy shit, what is this. Then, of course, I found Umineko. Iā€™ve watched both and read the manga for both, but Iā€™ve only played the first Higurashi game cause my laptop sucks tbh. Iā€™ve also read Higanbana, which is great as well! I remember thinking Higurashi was the greatest thing, and when I started with Umineko all I could think was ā€œWow, Ryukishi07 took the concept and made it EVEN BETTERā€. I think I love them both equally, though.

I found Rokkenjima through a post on tumblr. This is so great! Iā€™ve never been able to find a 07th Expansion active community before! When I was younger and starting off I would follow theory blogs for Umineko but nothing on this scale!

Outside of this realm, Iā€™m interested in horror and psychological anime and manga (Iā€™ve recently gotten really into Junji Ito) and some of the stuff I like of varying genres is Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments: Lain, Mawaru Penguindrum, Gantz, Bloody Monday, Madoka, Genshiken and so on. I also just like horror stories, urban legends and novels, but at the same time Iā€™m way too much of a scaredy cat to ever play a horror game. I also like art (drawing and appreciation) but Iā€™m not so good at it myself.

And something curious about this blog is that apparently it opened up on my birthday! Great birthday present if I say so myself, even if Iā€™m finding it just now.

Iā€™m looking forward to being a part of this community!

7 Likes

Hi, everyone!
Iā€™m Zumo and Iā€™m from Spain. My hobbies are programming and playing games. I also watch anime, read manga and that kind of stuff.

I first heard about When They Cry about three years ago, when a friend told me about Higurashi. I decided to watch the anime and I liked it, but I forgot about it very quickly.
Last summer I decided to rewatch it for a second time and I loved it!
Then I found out about Umineko and began reading the VNs. (I had read that the anime adaptation wasnā€™t so goodā€¦)
I have already read them all, but I will probably read them again in the future.

I love both Umineko and Higurashi, but if I had to decide which one is my favorite, I would probably choose Higurashi.
However, Iā€™m still waiting for all the VNs to re-release on Steam so I can read themā€¦
Also my favorite characters in When They Cry are Rika, Bernkastel, Erika and Lambdadelta. (By the way, I love Bernkastel and Rikaā€™s backstory!)

Outside of 07th Expansion worksā€¦ I usually like stories that have the time travel/parallel worlds/time loop element. Some of my interests include Steins;Gate, Noragami, Mirai Nikki, Dark Souls, etc.

Something interesting about me? I use Arch Linux as my everyday OS. Iā€™m an ISTP. Andā€¦ Oh. I canā€™t think of anything else right now!

Nice to meet you all. I hope I can get to know everyone around here!

8 Likes

I feel like this could be an interesting topic to discuss on Bernkastelā€™s character thread. Nice to meet you @Zumo!

1 Like

Yeah! Iā€™ve always wanted to discuss it with someone, so maybe I could reply to Bernkastelā€™s thread with my theories about her.
Nice to meet you too @RedEspeon!

1 Like

Yep. It was entirely a labor of love, Seacat fans from everywhere(including reddit) came together to help it happen. 4chanā€™s hackers made the tool possible, reddit fans helped with graphics, and two guys I know who never even played Umineko did the programming and opening movie subs. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want a blast from the past, this thread is the reason I started the project: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428674 The backgrounds made my jaw drop.

Heh, images like this remind me of how much love went into OMK.

Itā€™s sheer fan service on every level.

5 Likes

Hello! I am Strain!
I am 19 years old and I am from USA! I was into 07th Expansion stuff when I was way back in 6th grade starting with Higurashi Naku Koro ni and Umineko right now Rose Guns Days I did play other games that Ryu chan was part of the game.

I love all the characterā€™s from 07th Expansion I donā€™t have any thing I do not like when it comes to 07th. Right now I am all about Rose Guns Days trying to get some more people into it working hard! :smile:

I use Korean Japanese and English. I use Twitter a lot!

My favorite characters are
Umineko : Berunkastel and Lambdadelta
Higurashi: Rika Rena
Rose Guns Days:US Army,Stella

Sometime I draw but not that much. I hear the new news more faster that is related to Rose Guns Days and 07th Expansion. because I do have some friends who actually have some connection with staffs from 07th Expansion or they live in Japanā€¦ so I just hear stuff. :joy: this is my first time trying to get into community in eastern side so I am very excited.

Outside of 07th Expansion works I like a lot of other stuffā€¦ Even I donā€™t remember everything.

And I am a boring person. :grin: I hope I could meet new people who like Rose Guns Days and others too! and Nice too meet you all!

11 Likes

I was thinking a ā€˜Higurashi in Uminekoā€™ thread might be a good idea, where spoilers would be allowed for both series. Because I think in the Bernkastel thread you would have to tag Higurashi spoilers.

What a cute picture! I need to read Rose Guns Days soon! Also, welcome! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah, geez, Iā€™m not used to forums. Triple-checked if I was doing this right, and Iā€™m sure I am, but it never hurts to be sure.

Hey, Iā€™m Naomi, and I havenā€™t read any 07th Expansion works other than Higurashi. Please forgive me.

I live in the good olā€™ U S of A, where every citizen keeps a bald eagle on their shoulder at all times. I promise this is true.

If I am to be totally honest with myself, I should read Umineko, but I wonā€™t until either someone forces me to or I have eight hours straight to burn. Higurashi is my first, my only, and my favorite all in one. Though I canā€™t stand some of the characters (er, just one, maybe) I feel like the depth of most of the main cast makes up for what drives me up a wall in the series. I first watched the anime a long while ago, and figured Iā€™d read the visual novels very recently. The source material was an excellent experience, and while, reading it as I am now, I sometimes feel it was a little heavy-handed on exposition and dragged its feet in places, I did really enjoy it.

I found this forum off of a tumblr post from a blog I followed, and figured Iā€™d check it out. Itā€™s always nice to have a place to discuss things Iā€™m interested in, and places like these are an excellent place to encounter new people with a shared interest.

I enjoy group video game sessions with friends, and I take self-defense lessons once a week. I enjoy working with animals when and where I can, as well, though without much professional experience Iā€™m limited to volunteering at shelters, which is still always good.

Fun Fact: I have been to an all-girls boarding school, and while mine was not as fancy, religious, and secluded as Shionā€™s, it was definitely still an absolute nightmare! I canā€™t even say the food was good, like she can about St. Lucia. Would not recommend the experience to anyone looking to enjoy day to day life. I donā€™t blame the girl for being a little out of it during Utsutsukowashi-hen, places like that --if you werenā€™t there completely of your own volition ā€“ will mess you up.

7 Likes