Introduce Yourself!

There’s actually a secret initiation ceremony if you really want to earn our respect: you’ll have to beat me in a breakdancing competition. Which is easy, since I’ve never done it before.

As do I! wohoo

It’ll come out on Steam sometime soon, so you can just wait for that, probably. Should be legit.

yay new friends!

You’re already more awesome than me. I just hole up in the library to read books and spam memes.

Aw. I’m sad to hear that. Perhaps it’s because we saw girls with an almost mystical air (or just because we watched too much GochiUsa), but we imagined all-girl schools to be magical places of friendship. Well, guess the same goes for all-guy schools; probably depends on the school itself and the attendee’s desire to be there. Hopefully you’re in a better school now!

I actually was at an all-guys school of sorts for graduate school (Catholic seminary), though we were attached to a university with boys and girls. Definitely a different kind of environment from a regular all-boys school, but it was a blast. Really great times there.

1 Like

I got involved with this forum through the bookclub at the sister site Kazamatsuri. It was my first forum in forever, and it led to me helping out with this. I definitely had a bit of learning curve with how to do forums, but but it seems to me that most people are cool, even those with very different stances than you, and as long as you try to be cool, it is really fun. I hope your experience here is similar. :slight_smile:

I will back this up.

Umineko is worth reading especially if you love Higurashi - a lot of the early call outs in Umineko to Higurashi are what got me fan-girling early on. I also kind of suggest giving yourself a little space between the arcs if you do pick it up. I think Umineko needs a bit more digestion time between arcs.

At any-rate, Welcome~

2 Likes

This can be arranged. : >
But also, welcome!

2 Likes

Yo you can call me Edo Nagori, I’m 23 years old, and I really got into When they cry a few years ago. That said, although I’ve read a lot of Ryukishi’s works, my expertise lies in Umineko. It’s the series I’m the most intimately familiar with.

I live int he USA, however my sleep schedule is pretty inconsistent so I’m really on whenever. Heheheh~ I have a lot of hobbies including table top gaming, Anime, games and all sorts of stuff. I’m also a major mystery fan, have been one since before Umineko, and I enjoy Ryukishi’s critique on the genre. I usually lurk on the /a/ and /jp/ boards on 4chan, and participate whenever there’s an Umi discussion there, so it’s great to be able to have a place where’s it’s easier to discuss it.

As embarrassing as it is to admit I enjoy Rping whenever I can, and would like to have a good murder mystery RP game sometime. That is if I can find a decent one. Any kind of tabletops are also pretty fun in general.

I enjoy character and theme discussion, and my favorite over all character to discuss is Battler. It’s to the point where some friends have jokingly nicknamed me Battler, but I don’t really mind that. I also like Beato and a lot of other characters. I can relate to Battler a lot (extended family situation, general personalities) so he’s the one I gravitated to the most. This seems like a cool place and I hope we all get along.

6 Likes

Welcome to @MrDent, @Nastu, @Zumo, @Strain, @Naomikon and @Edo_nagori!

Edo, would you mind sharing how you find the site? I’m curious!

Our forum has an entire category dedicated to role-playing games! See here:

Unfortunately, applications have closed for this one, but you can still observe and commentate on the action! If you wanted, you’re more than welcome to create your own Gameboard! But if not, don’t worry because there will be many more to come!

Hope you’re all enjoying your time here, and don’t forget to join our Discord server!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Rincchi, age 29, and I live in the UK.

I’ve read Higurashi, Umineko & Higanbana. Planning to read Rose Guns Days… eventually. looks at huge VN backlog Umineko is definitely my second favourite VN. I like Higurashi a lot too (the anime of Higurashi was my introduction to 07th Expansion).

I’m an avid reader of VNs and am also fond of Key’s works. Little Busters ranks as my favourite VN of all time. O/

6 Likes

Beato double pistol winks in the distance

Welcome! I hope you get a chance to participate in one of the RP games organized here : >

1 Like

A mass welcome to @epika, @cj_iwakura, @MrDent, @Nastu, @Zumo, @Strain, @Naomikon, @Edo_nagori, and fellow Kaza member @Rincchi! Nice to meet you all! :slightly_smiling:

[quote=“MrDent, post:51, topic:64”]
Currently, I’m been trying to develop my own Visual Novel! It’s coming along… Rather Slowly.
[/quote]I feel you, bro. I was lucky I found the motivation to finish the scripting on my first visual novel. There’s just so much to do at the point of life I’m in…but anyway, from one VN developer to another, I wish you the best of luck on your project! :smile:

[quote=“Naomikon, post:60, topic:64”]
Ah, geez, I’m not used to forums. Triple-checked if I was doing this right, and I’m sure I am, but it never hurts to be sure.
[/quote]I can relate. Kazamatsuri was my first real forum, and my nervousness was up to eleven. I thoroughly read the rules and kept myself reserved, but I got used to it by the time the AIR Bookclub was finished. (Man, I miss those days…) Anyway, I have confidence you can find a comfortable place for yourself here in Rokkenjima. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Naomikon, post:60, topic:64”]
I should read Umineko, but I won’t until either someone forces me to or I have eight hours straight to burn.
[/quote]All I’m waiting for is cash and the MangaGamer release. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“ghagler, post:61, topic:64”]
just because we watched too much GochiUsa
[/quote]What does GochiUsa have to do with an all-girls boarding school? Then again, I’m also convinced the only guy in that town is Chino’s father, but I digress. ._.

Anyway, welcome everyone! I hope you all relax and have fun in our community! :blush:

2 Likes

It’s more of an all-girl city with the exception of a couple of dads, lol.

2 Likes

Oh I saw the post on tumblr!

I was browsing Tumblr (usually only follow anime blogs and such) and somebody reblogged this, so I decided to check it out. Seems like a fun place at least!

I’ll be sure to lurk until another one opens up then! It seems pretty fun at least.

Thanks I’ll be sure to, whenever i can. Heheheh~

Witch passing by. Thought I’d say hello to all voyagers out there.

But before that let me grab a cup of that kocha tea I see over there.
I’m a long time 07th Expansion fan. I’m passionate about what I love and I love solving problems, strategy, putting things together, creating things, and making sense of stuff no one asked me to. My curiosity is boundless.

I’m a rather serious soul, bordering dead-pan, since forever which is mainly offset by my own eccentricity, or so I’m told. I have some strong opinions but I’m mostly neutral to most stuff and often more interested in discussing than arguing. My favorite pastimes are reading, logical problems, and long walks on the Ushiromiya’s beach. Whatever stimulates the mind, really. Sometimes I write about them and go on these incredibly long discourses and occasionally go off tangents which often, mind you, end up being surprisingly relevant after all.

How did it all begin? Originally, I got into the No Naku Koro Ni series because it presented good challenges. Higurashi is the main culprit for me. It started it all in 2006 and while the anime isn’t the best portrayal of the series it showed great potential. Then came the VNs and Umineko years later and I was like Alice and the rabbit hole once again.

The whole Umineko/Higurashi experience is hard to explain but to sum it up – it creates a set of worlds and it manages to resonate with the reader in unexpected ways. The tale then becomes more than simple entertainment or just a good story. It presents us with many fragments but we all pick up different ones and that one fragment, though small or simple, is of value. Before you realize it you’re a player rather than an onlooker. Also, the stories are ridiculously enthralling. That too.

It reminded me why I got into Japan-related media back in the day, because it showed me great creativity and genius. Two qualities I continue to admire. Umineko and Higurashi achieved this along the way and I hope we can all see another WTC miracle, to put it that way, in the future.

In the past I’ve written more than my fair share of theories and commentary on 07th Expansion games and I’m semi-retired now until something cries again, so to speak, or some big mystery story comes out. I don’t usually go online that much anymore, but you may see me pop up every now and then and contribute to the tea party. My main interests are the new 07th Expansion projects right now.

I know the site because of Aspirety, who I know from Umineko blogs/twitter, told me there was an curious fragment out there - a place where 07th Expansion readers could gather, have meaningful conversations and sip some good tea. It’s great to see the site is going in the right direction and is full of passionate people. Perhaps this place can become the Golden Land for 07th Expansion fans out there?

I hope this lovely evening continues to be an elegant and intellectual tea party for everyone.

7 Likes

Welcome @Rincchi, glad you could make it! Wasn’t aware you were an Umineko fan too.

And thank you for accepting my inivitation, @Keikakudoori. Not to spoil your humility, but if any of you aren’t sure who he is, this is the man behind the Tea Party Blog from back in Umineko’s heyday, as well as his Personal Keikakudoori Blog. I used to talk with him a bit back then, so he was one of the first people I thought to invite to our little fragment here. I’m glad you decided to make an appearance. I hope this fragment is to your tastes?

1 Like

Hello all! I’m SanjiSanada and I come from Arizona, U.S.A. and I’m a Kazamatsuri lurker! I found the website when Kazamatsuri posted the unnamed link on their facebook page a week ago. I finally got around to making an account today though since I remembered it existed!

I got in to VN’s through my love (obsession) for the anime of Steins;Gate which I told myself that I wasn’t a true fan of if I didn’t buy the VN and play through that. So I bought myself a good ol physical copy and absolutely fell in love with VN’s. Now my brother, after seeing my enjoyment of Steins;Gate, decided that he was gonna grab himself a VN to play through. After about a half hour of searching, he stumbled across the first chapter of Higurashi on steam and decided that he was sold on the idea. To say he loved it is an understatement, he literally was reading it aloud to me with the speakers on, blessing me with those damn cicadas while I was finishing up Steins;Gate just to annoy me.

I began playing Higurashi myself after Steins;Gate and found myself blown away by the atmosphere. I had never liked horror. It never appealed to me but the second that horror element came into the spotlight on top of the underlying mystery already set in place, I was completely hooked (and freaked out from the first horror shock). My love for Higurashi was born and I marathoned the rest of the game, finishing it in 1 session total (sleep is for the weak).

After I finished reading it, my brother and I began talking about the mystery and what we though happened and it’s been one of the greatest experiences I’ve had with a game. We became so entranced that we even bought the DVD of the anime now that Sentai Filmworks put it up for sale (it also costs an arm and a leg) and told ourselves that we will watch it when we finish the games so that we can keep on experiencing the VN in all its glory in the blind playthrough. We only have read the first 2 chapters so we still have a long way to go for that anime marathon. Here’s to hoping MangaGamer releases all the chapters before 2020 and that Keiichi gets his own character art so he can join the after parties too! :sweat:

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone and debating about the wonderful mystery in Hinamizawa and eventually the mystery in Umineko too! Also please forgive my life story :grin:

8 Likes

Hello there everybody. Im Helrul but my real name is Mircea actually. I am from Spain, so sorry if im not very good at english, im trying to improve at it every day.
I have read the Umineko no Naku Koro Ni visual novel and watched the anime of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and my favourite of them is Umineko. I found this page because a friend of mine told me to enter and since im a big fan of Umineko here i am.
Outside of 07th expansion i like a lot of things that i supose that we could have in common like videogames, comics, anime… Nothing too interesting, i also like reading mysteries and detective books though im not a big reader at all i still enjoy them.
Well, im not very good at introducing myself but anyway, i hope that i can share lots of good times with you all and to discuss in the topics that may appear.

7 Likes

Hi everyone! Welcome to the site.

YES. This was how I experienced the series, reading the VNs when I was waiting for my DVDs to arrive. And after reading it all, watching the anime and reading Umineko, I’m glad that I started the way I did. (Although this was before the new translation… so I wasn’t waiting for chapters to release!) Stay strong! The Higurashi Tea Party might be a good way to stay invested in the series while you wait.

2 Likes

Hello all! My name is Koz, despite my username being Kobblublu. I’m a-okay with being called Kob tho that’s also hella cute.
Uh. I’m 23, living in Canada, and an artist in all forms really. I’m incredibly easy going and just looking for a funny time always. My humor can pretty much be summed up as shitposting- so it’s probably only funny to like a certain few HAHA

Let’s see. Uhhmm I got into Higurashi around… 2007? 2008? Somewhere around there. I started reading Umineko I believe around the later half of 2008. I’ve been a massive fan of When They Cry and 07th Expansion for so dang long it’s kind of ridiculous.

I’ve done so much within the When They Cry universe I can’t even think about all that I’ve done/talked about anymore. So perhaps it will be nice reading some new perspectives. I’m kind of a loser lurker, so expect that out of me more than anything. Oh- and I defs will be posting my art and some of my horrid videos I’ve done for When They Cry HAHA.

Right. Should I say favorite characters? Because I truly love all of them dear lord. Battler is my bby boy tho he is defs main squeeze I would say. But yes- nice meeting erryone.

1 Like

Excellent! It’s always good to support the creators (even though DVDs cost an arm and a leg.) When I first discovered Higurashi I didn’t find the patience or the time for the VNs, and I actually kind of regret tearing through the anime really fast as my first experience of the story as a whole. Nice to see someone experiencing it in a way that I wish I could, because the VNs go into so much more detail and as a result feel a lot more complete.

4 Likes

@Kobblublu Always awesome to see another Canadian! Welcome to Rokkenjima!

It aint Koz without Battler~ Hehehe. :wink:

1 Like