Introduce Yourself!

I would discuss WTC5 as long as you desired and, of course, with no upper depth apex. It has its own thread.

Hello @Wight.

Hello there folks,

Iā€™m a twenty year old Serb guy, currently living in Serbia and heading back home to America every summer or so while I study medicine.

Gosh, itā€™s been aboutā€¦six or seven years since I first got into 07th Expansionā€™s works? Time flies. Umineko was my first with the VN, and then I read a little bit of Higurashi through the manga. Along the way I read the first part of Rose Guns Days. Umineko is the only VN Iā€™d have properly ā€œcompletedā€ if thatā€™s the case, and itā€™s head-over-heels my favorite 07th expansion work, and possibly favorite work of fiction of all barring -possibly- Hajime no Ippo (currently rereading Umineko which inspired me to go find a place to talk about it, haha).

Just found the group while browsing around for a Discord or community to talk about Umineko again.

As far as my main interest outside of 07thā€™s top-tier VNs, thatā€™d have to probably start with fighting games. Big FGC guy I suppose you would say (might try Ougon Musou again but itā€™s quite a jank fighting game, haha). I very much enjoy MMA and fitness along with that, even though I could be a fair bit stronger and more fit than I currently amā€¦ Aside from those things not a whole lot I do otherwise aside from other standard nerdy fair (video games, anime, etc.), med school kinda doesnā€™t give me the ole high school free time haha.

8 Likes

Welcome @FuturesHope! I hope you enjoy our little community here. Umineko Chiru is being released on the 17th of November, and our bookclub for it will continue from that. You are more than welcome to join, just by discussing it here on the forums, or apply for a podcast if you wish.

Thank you very much for joining!

Hello!! I will introduce myself as well.

My name is Netta. Iā€™m 23 years old from Israel.

My romance with 7th expansion started around 8 years ago. A friend got to me like ā€œHey Netta you like Phoenix Wright you should try Uminekoā€, when the anime started. Soon after aaloyal friend told me ā€œread the novel insteadā€ and the rest is history.
Iā€™ve been really active in the Umineko fandom ever since. People who were in Tumblr long ago probably know the ā€œAsk Furudo Erikaā€, or ā€œUmineko Editsā€ I owned (I actually end up finding my memes and art being reposted countless times around the internet by now LOL).
By now Iā€™m REALLLY active on Twitter with lots of Umineko content, I took a part in an Umineko musical in Israel (yeeep!), cosplayed 8 Umineko characters, and in general, itā€™s pretty hard to put in words how much Umineko affected my life in personal and social areas in the last 8 years.

I stumbled upon Rokkenjima through Twitter, and followed it anonymously, but now I want to help with the translation of ā€œHaworthiaā€ so I opened an account. Either way, I really enjoy speaking about Umineko and discuss in general and I missed forums so I hope I will have the chance to comment here!

I tried both Higanbana and Higurashi as well, but it wasnā€™t as appealing as Umineko for me. I hope to continue Rose Guns Days when I have time - Iā€™m a 2nd year student in International Relations and Asia studies so yeah ainā€™t got time for it haha.

Iā€™m also a composer! I compose music and dream to compose for Media, gaming and so. Right now a friend (Whoā€™s also into Umineko) and I create a game together (RPG horror such as Ib and Witch House if youā€™re familiar with it) called ā€œThe Clean Knifeā€, and we work really hard on it (we have 50% game ready!!). I play the piano and draw a lot, too.

Pleased to meet you!!

10 Likes

Hello.

Iā€™m kind of a random person on the internet. Iā€™m probably best known - if at all - for writing some Ace Attorney fancases, and an occasional Umineko gameboard. I read Umi some years ago and kind of had my interest in it go for a while and then suddenly come back. In this case, itā€™s the latter, I suppose. It really defined me as an author in a lot of respects and helped me grasp some key approaches to making characters and forming dialogue. Not to mention brought back an interest in reading mysteries and let me start figuring out how to construct ones. Iā€™ve mainly joined because Iā€™m interested in the gameboard section, but the community seems to be pretty vibrant, so Iā€™ll do my best to interact.

ā€¦Never been the type of guy to really talk about myself, so apologies if this wasnā€™t that great of an introduction.

14 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I hope youā€™ll share your opinions and theories of Umineko. Maybe once you hit witch rank youā€™ll like the Rokkenjima Discord Server we have?
Thank you for assissting in the translation of Haworthia! Iā€™m sure many here are looking forward to it.
I hope you enjoy your stay here~

4 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
You did a good job at introducing yourself, donā€™t worry. I look forward to seeing you on the gameboards, maybe one day youā€™ll make one yourself? Dont feel pressured though, its 100% fine if you only play in the gameboards, the more the merrier and the bigger the chaos.
I hope you enjoy your stay here~

4 Likes

Oh, what was the Umineko musical you took part in about? Did you act out a whole Episode or just a few scenes? Or you came up with an original story? What character did you play?

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima @UmiNetta and @DWaM !!!

1 Like

In Israel until few years ago, there were many ā€œparody musicalsā€. People took some anime or manga and made a parody plot for a musical.

The Umineko musical was about another ā€œgameboardā€ (I made sure to write the gameboard without errors myself since I was the ā€˜novel readerā€™), and then a mysterious thing happens- people start singing and dancing over the board.
The reason is that ā€œThe Witch of Soundā€, came over and started messing around. It creates amusing scanrios where Battler sings and gets like ā€œwtf why did I singā€ and Beatrice laughs at him, like, all the characters are aware theyā€™re singing against their will so it adds an interesting twist to the Musical.
Fun fact: ā€œThe Witch of Soundā€ was a witch title I gave myself looooong ago, and the creator of the musical asked to use this character concept for his idea and I ended up playing her!
Too bad it wasnā€™t such a good musical LMAO it was in 2012, but it was fun and I met a lot of people who are my closest friends by now! Also converted many people to Umineko thanks to it

4 Likes

Iā€™ve made a few in the past, as mentioned before. And Iā€™ve actually already made one just for here. Unfortunately, my low rank appears to stop me from being able to make a thread for it. Alas.

1 Like

I think youā€™ll be able to create a thread once you reach Witch ranking. If you like stuff, read other threads, and leave comments and such, people say you can typically reach Witch rank within a week or so.

2 Likes

A week, huh.

It appears my short-attention-spanned self has met his greatest foe.

An anti-bot measure.

2 Likes

Heyo, jumping over from Kazamatsuri since someone told me to check this board out as well. Iā€™m kesseki, currently living in Columbus, OH. Iā€™ve read chapters 1-4 of Umineko, chapters 1 and 2 of Higurashi, and the first Higanbana. One thing that I really like with these VNs is what a rollercoaster the character development can be. Even if I found myself completely despising a character, thereā€™d be something shown about them that would explain why they are the way they are or would help give them some humanity. And vice versa! Eventually Iā€™ll get around to finishing all of them, but I usually have a horrendous backlog and poor time management skills. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Itā€™s nice to see you here @kesseki! I hope you come to enjoy Rokkenjima as well as Kaza. Itā€™s good to see that Ryukishi can make you feel so conflicted with his characters. :hahaha: Umineko Chiru is being released on the 17th and maybe you can find some time to join the bookclub here. I hope to see you around more.

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
Iā€™m from the Columbus area too! Theres lots of other Ohio people here too.
As you are reading new Chapters maybe youā€™ll try to post some of your thoughts about them in our respective threads? We love hearing new voices and ideas! We also have speculation threads for Haworthia(the audio drama(?) that just came out) and WTC5 if you enjoy theorizing or reading others theories, I highly recommend checking those out.
I hope you enjoy your stay~

1 Like

Um, actually, no. You can reach witch rank as early as today if you post around a lot, like posts and such, only if you do very little youā€™ll get it in a week, well, or so I think, I suppose.

2 Likes

Hooray, another Ohioan!

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, surprised there are a lot of Ohio peeps here.

Oh, definitely! Not sure when Iā€™ll be able to play it but Iā€™ll keep those threads in mind. Also, thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

Nah, I figured out as much. Itā€™s just that mass-posting for the sake of improving rank is kinda bleh for me, especially since the only section Iā€™m really interested in is gameboard.