Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @Thedetective! I hope you love Rokkenjima. I’ve not read either Umineko or Rose Guns Days but I’m sure you’ll find a wealth of discussion here to your liking.

You’ll fit right in here! Don’t worry about your pacing when it comes to theorycraft. Everyone is different, and no way is wrong. All that matters is you have fun.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Always good to have new people to discuss Ryukishi’s works with :ryukishi:
As @Zosonte said, you shouldn’t feel intimidated about making theories; it’s not only a skill that takes practice, but it’s also great to hear new perspectives. There are a whole bunch of people on here who I’m sure would love to chat with you about those :smiley:

4 Likes

Heyo, Beejeeky here nice to meet all of y’all.
You can call me Bee, 22yr, from Texas currently working at an animal shelter.

Oh gosh, uh man I’ve been into 07th works for like…10 years now? I’ve read Higurashi, Umineko, RGD, and Higanbana and I’m hoping to eventually add Trianthology to that list. That said my favorite work is Umineko it’s just really meant a lot to me as a story and it was being apart of the golden age of umineko threads way back it the day.
Lol I’ve been lurking on this site forever but just decided to make an account to make some more friends and join fun discussions I hope we can all get a long!

13 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
Since you’ve been lurking for a while, you probably know whats going on. I do look forward to getting to know you.
I hope you enjoy your stay here~

2 Likes

Hey! I’m Shinkirou, 23 years old, from Portugal, currently studying Computer Engineering and learning (rather slowly) japanese and korean.

I discovered WTC in 2009 by watching by watching the Higurashi anime. Since then, I’ve read the VNs and immersed myself more and more in this wonderful universe. Umineko in particular had a huge impact on my life; not a week goes by where I don’t listen to some albums from the OST!

I’ve not read Rose Gun Days or Higanbana yet, but I’ll get around to it eventually. I’m currently re-reading the Umineko VN.

Hope I can contribute to the discussions here. Nice to meet to all!

7 Likes

Oh hey, a fellow person from Portugal! I thought I was all alone here, heh.
Well welcome to Rokkenjima @Shinkirou! Enjoy your stay with the discussions, or maybe even join one of our gameboards whenever those are going on!

Hi everyone! 19 years old, from Russia. I’m a student, Japanese studies (economics).

I haven’t finished any of 07th Expansion series yet. But I’m reading Higurashi and Higanbana, and then I’m going to read Umineko.

I usually spend my time in university or study in a dormitory. I keen on literature and linguistics. A little bit, guitar player… sooo I am not good at introducing myself.

12 Likes

Welcome @Belomorkanal! I hope you enjoy Rokkenjima. If you’re reading Higurashi and Higanbana, you may want to check out the tea party/bookclub we have here. We just wrapped up Higanbana. Don’t be afraid to join the discussion on what you’ve read, too. Thanks for joining!

1 Like

Hello, everyone. I’m Monte, live in Russia. I’ve been (and still is) a big fan of Umineko for many years. Or let’s say, I became obsessed with this VN somewhere in 2011. I also read Higurashi and tried RGD (but dropped it smh).
I like to draw, especially Umineko characters, but because of my university I don’t have enough time for that anymore. Maybe only 1-2 works per 2 months…
However, I’d like to find some time to participate in discussions here…

10 Likes

Welcome @Monteberris. It’s always nice to meet new Umineko fans. I look forward to talking to you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I do hope you join our discussions! Have you read Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni? Its a weird collection of stories, but worth a try if you like Higurashi and Umineko. I look forward to seeing you around!
I hope you enjoy your stay here.

2 Likes

@smileypers0n hello! No, I haven’t tried Higanbana yet, but if I find some free time, I will surely read it. It’s the only problem, hehe.

3 Likes

Hello, hello. Just another fan from North America.

I’ve watched the anime of Higurashi and then Umineko years ago before moving on to the sound novels, and Umineko is my favorite of the two. I’ve also read Rose Guns Days and have been meaning to finish Higanbana. I’m greatly looking forward to his next work and hope to see it translated. I’ve also been trying to introduce some friends to the sound novels now that they’re being re-released in English.

I came across Rokkenjima months ago when trying to look for more news about Ryukishi07 and his works, and I have been lurking this website and its forums off and on since then. I figured that since I’ve been lurking for so long and with WTC5 finally on the way, I might as well make an account and maybe try to join some of the discussions and eventual speculations for the upcoming sequel.

I guess Ryukishi inspired me to try working with visual novels. So far it’s all just small private projects I’m doing all by myself and learning as I go, but it would be nice to work my way up with it. It’s been a fun medium to work with, tying in sound and visuals to tell a story and create an immersive experience. I still see myself as just an amateur writer and artist, but Ryukishi inspires me because he started off the same way and even found success overseas.
Visual novels aren’t exactly a popular thing over here, but who knows, maybe things will change someday.

10 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima Wight! hope you enjoy your stay!

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I do hope you’ll share your thoughts on Umineko, Higurashi, and Higanbana on the threads we have for them, we always like hearing new opinions and thoughts on the series. And maybe you’ll share some WtC5 speculations if you have some? Or on the audio drama for Haworthia? Don’t be afraid to share your theories, even if they’re way over the top, just dont forget to tag spoilers for other series if they get mentioned in the speculation.
I hope you enjoy your stay~

Hello everyone. I’m Carlo, I’m a 21 years old guy from Perú. I am currently studying industrial engineering.
I first watched Higurashi, which captivated me and after watching it, i learn about Umineko. I remember by the time I finished watching Umineko, I was already a big fan of 07th expansion works. To name a favourite one is difficult, but I would say that Umineko is my favourite.
I found this page because someone posted it on the steam discussion page of Umineko (When They Cry) Question Arc.
I like anime music and games, any kind of games. I listen to every kind of music, but I tend to listen to japanese music almost everyday. I am also a guitar player (just a hobby for now), and I love learning languages, I speak spanish (native), english (obviously XD), japanese and italian. Maybe more languages will be added to that list later XD.
Well, thank you for reading me and I hope to get along with you guys.
PD: Sorry for the testament XD.

6 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima! Our Umineko bookclub begins on the 17th of November when Chiru is released on Steam, perhaps you’d like to join the discussion and post your thoughts. Thank you very much for joining!

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
As a fan of 07th expansion, have you read Rose Guns Days and Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni? If not, I recommend giving them a try if you can get your hands on them. I do hope you’ll contribute to the discussions we have involving Umineko.
Apart from dicussions of the different series, we also have gameboards! These can vary from Mafia games, impromptu roleplaying, chess, riddles, and so much more. Maybe we’ll see you on a gameboard someday?
I hope you enjoy your stay here~

1 Like

Thank you and @Hovlane for the welcome!
Since Higurashi and Umineko concluded so long ago, I feel like so much has already been discussed that I won’t have anything really unique to say. But maybe I’ll use this chance to resume Higanbana and try to finish it since I’ve only read a few chapters. I’ve been hoping to have something done for Halloween and this could be my chance. Thanks for the encouragement!

3 Likes

Oh trust me, we can always find something to talk about in Umineko or Higurashi or any other of 07th’s works. Plus with WTC 5 coming out soon, we will have something new to talk about soon here

2 Likes