Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone, I’m BirdWords, or just Bird or Birdy. I’m a 20 year old theatre student.

I watched the Higurashi anime when I was younger, and loved it. I’ve so far read some of the Steam release of the VN (on Tatarigoroshi now), but what’s really catching my interest and what brought me here is Umineko. I’ve been reading it in something of a “book club” style format with my friends, and one thing that I’ve been doing to scratch my Umineko itch between episodes is to check out the Rokkenjima tea parties. What pushed me into finally making an account was so that I could post my thoughts on Umineko Episode 3, and I’ll probably be sticking around here to continue to discuss Umineko, though it may be a while before I can engage in topics that involve series spoilers.

6 Likes

Hello. My name is Heliodor. I am 31. I watched the Higurashi anime when it came out (if you can believe it I downloaded torrented fansubs back then to get it). I was obsessed with it immediately and binged the series. When it finally got re-licensed and released on BD I got it and binged it again. I only recently bought the first 5 chapters of the VN on Steam. I’m only in the second chapter now but I love it. I’m also autistic and Higurashi is my special interest. I’m actually going to be getting a full-sleeve tattoo this year with the main characters in it. I can’t wait. I haven’t gotten to play Umineko yet. I play games very very slowly so I’m still early in the Higurashi chapters. I found this page via the VN Reddit. I wish I had found this site earlier but better late than never.

10 Likes

Wow we’re getting a lot of new members today! Welcome to @TsukiyoAlex, @Luadog, @BirdWords and @heliodorh!

@Luadog You sound like a fun person, glad you’re enjoying our mystery gameboards! Feel free to post one of your own up here. And regarding Rose Guns Days, we have a plan to host a Bookclub and podcast about it in the future, so you might wanna wait for that to be your first time reading it!

@BirdWords Glad you’re enjoying our podcasts! Awesome that you’re reading Umineko for the first time, I wonder what theories you have. I’d be very happy if you could join the discussions when Chiru releases, hopefully soon!

@heliodorh That’s awesome, such a longtime Higurashi fan! I’m really excited to hear what you think of the VN, and when you get around to Ryukishi’s other works, I’d love your thoughts on those too. I hope you enjoy the community we’ve built up here!

And thanks of course to @TsukiyoAlex for joining the Higanbana Bookclub discussions. Higanbana is turning out to be a wonderful work, and I would love if you guys could join us in discussing it as a community!

So take your time to look around, enjoy the sights, post a bit, and in no time you should have the Witch rank, which will give you access to our Discord channel. I hope to see some of you join us there!

5 Likes

Hello, my name is Zosonte. I am twenty four years old and live in the United States. I am a runoff from Kazamatsuri, having been introduced to the collective while reading Rewrite. Ryukishi wrote one of the routes in that novel, and I enjoyed it so much I decided to check out 07th Expansion’s works. I thank Key for introducing me to 07th Expansion, and thus Rokkenjima. Anyway, after finishing Rewrite, I decided to check out Higurashi, and that changed my life. Higurashi is not only the greatest visual novel I’ve ever read, but it’s the greatest story I’ve ever been told in my life; through books, movies, television, video games, through any medium of entertainment, Higurashi tops them all. 07th Expansion quickly shot up to Key’s place in my heart, and I’m honored to be here. I’m currently reading Higanbana to keep up with the bookclub. Afterwards I plan to either read Umineko or whatever the next bookclub will be.

16 Likes

Welcome, @Zosonte. I totally know the feeling you have with Higurashi. I haven’t read it yet, but Umineko filled that role in my heart, and I doubt anything can replace it. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of Umineko as I did when you get to reading it!

3 Likes

Whoa, hey there @Zosonte! Didn’t expect to see you here. I’m very excited to have you join us for the Bookclubs and Tea Parties here!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Kues. I am an 18 years old student from Ireland. I can’t remember exactly how I found the series but back in 2011 I watched the Higurashi anime and read the managa, and was obsessed with Higurashi for a while.
Despite this, I never read the VN or became interested in Umineko, and gradually lost interest until a year ago I was feeling nostalgic and decided to read the Higurashi VN. After doing so and enjoying it I decided to read Umineko as well.

I found this site when I stumbled upon one of the tea party videos on YouTube.

Outside of 07th Expansion my main interests are gaming and history.

8 Likes

Welcome Kues! I hope you enjoy your time here.

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
As a veteran of Higurashi maybe you’ll want to talk to others about Higurashi in our spoiler threads? Or you can talk about Umineko in Umineko’s threads, of course. Other than talking we have plently of things to do here! Some people will make games to play with each other, others will start topics on things outside of 07th Expansion, and sometimes we read stories together. We just finished reading The First Night of Higanbana No Saku Yoro Ni if you want to try and catch up before we talk about The Second Night together.
I hope you enjoy your stay here

Nice, I hope you read Umineko because it’s very good as well! Welcome

Welcome to you too @Kues

1 Like

Hi! My name is Ben, and I wanted to join this place earlier but was too lazy to make an account. I’m 23 years old and I come from Europe, and I’ve been obsessed with Umineko for a long time (and still am). I’ve never read the Higurashi VN, but I did watch the anime which I thoroughly enjoyed, and it was the anime that made me want to get into Umineko as well. Having heard that Umineko anime isn’t a complete or satisfying adaptation I read the VN and have been re-reading it ever since.

In my sincere opinion, Umineko is a masterpiece. It’s definitely not flawless, but the the many layers and the complexity upon which the story was built (including the cast of amazing characters) really take Umineko to a whole another level. It is simply a fantastic piece of literature.

16 Likes

Welcome @Ushiromiya_Battler! hope you enjoy your stay here!

2 Likes

Good afternoon, everyone. My name is Don. I’m 25 years old, almost 26 now, and I live in Pennsylvania. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, and a minor in Business. I am a self-educated day trader, which is something that I’ve been fairly successful with, and also trying to premiere as a novelist. I am a big martial arts aficionado and do scuba whenever I can, as well. If I had to describe myself in a succinct way, I would say that I am a very results-oriented person, and that I love meritocracy.

Because I enjoy breaking things down logically, not to mention creating and listening to explanatory theories, a story like “Umineko” is perfectly suited for me. I have read it completely through many times now, and taken hundreds of pages of single-spaced notes trying to create a theory that adequately explains the many mysteries of Rokkenjima. Despite this, I feel as though I am still able to learn something new every time I read it. I love this game, and I love talking/ debating about it with other people; it is undeniably my favorite fiction story of all time. If my own book can become even half as good as this one, I will be a blessed man.

I look forward to butting heads with some of you over who did the crime, the shape and nature of Umineko’s mystery, etc… Let’s get along and be friends with one another.

15 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima! It’s always nice to have new mystery solvers around. Maybe you could visit one of my games someday? It would be really nice if you tested your skills at a novelist with your own gameboard. I hope you enjoy your time here.

5 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
You seem to have a good grasp of Umineko! It would be wonderful if you could share your ideas with everyone! We have a thread for Umineko in general, and for each of individual arcs. There are seperate threads for spoiler and nonspoiler discussions, so please be aware of that. Have you read Higurashi yet? You might wanna check that out if you havent! Theres also a few mysteries in their if you want to try to figure them out as well.
Or, perhaps if you are excited for When They Cry 5, you can try to analyze the preview picture we have of it. We are open to any ideas you might have!
Or maybe you wanna join one of the games hosted on Rokkenjima? We have a wide variety of games that our fellow members will host. There are chess games, mafia games, as well as a few others people will throw in! Its never dull, I promise.
I hope you enjoy your stay!

5 Likes

Heh, looks like we’ll get along well then

3 Likes

Hi im Sage known as UndeadHope im 17 in high school living in North America. Im in the beginning of Turn um my friends SmileyPers0n and Mr.Dent introduced me to it and tell me i shouldn’t watch the anime version of it .SmileyPers0n introduced me to this site. I love books and i like OHSHC , Fruits basket, Spice and Wolf , Yuki Yuna etc.

12 Likes

~Welcome to Rokkenjima~
Have fun exploring! Let me know if you need anything

will do!!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Motoko.
I’m from Catalonia and I live in a small mountain town.
I watched Higurashi anime and Umineko anime, and I read the Umineko Visual novel and the Rose guns days Visual novel.

My favourite work is Umineko No Naku Koro ni, but I’m attracted to Rose guns days too.

I like to formulate theories about the differents works of ryukishi, but I’m not really good at it.

Nice to meet you all, I hope we can be friends.

7 Likes