Introduce Yourself!

Well, he’s a professional so that helps.

I guess it does but I was hoping he might do Umineko as well pfft but too much work imo

That’s understandable, commercially the translation was a failure after all, even though we are grateful for it, we are only a handful of fans. He knows most of us have already read Umineko in English anyway. It’d be interesting if people were more into VN, but most people don’t even know what it is. In the end, it’s all because of the unpopular medium, at least in France.

But anyway, that’s kinda off-topic.

Welcome @Aecheritt! Someone I know for once, I hope you enjoy your time here in Rokkenjima, feel free to post in any thread you have something to say in, even if it’s dead, it’s fine! Hope you stick around Archy.

Oh, I wouldn’t have expected you to pop into this place.
Welcome to Rokkenjima, @Aecheritt.

Who knows, who knows? Well, it depends on what you like and all and what you find interesting, so if I do recommend some threads to you, you might find them quite uninteresting… Well, U4ea used to do that, welcome newer members by giving them tons of links that would take them to different threads around the forums, but they’re gone now. So maybe you can scroll up this thread and look at one of their posts and check out the links they’ve provided?

Unfortunately I don’t think I know either! I’m so new to this whole thing I don’t even know what to look for. I’ve spent the last couple of hours browsing every “spoiler free” topic I could find. Thanks for the advice though! :ryukishi:

That’s true, it’d be good if the medium was more known

@StarTurner @Quixote Hello there!

Hello, people of Rokkenjima. My name is Echo06 (someone took Echo). I was brought here from Rokkenjima’s twin website, https://kazamatsuri.org . I am currently watching the Higurashi no naku koro ni and Umineko no naku koro ni anime. I am also reading the Higurashi VN at the same time and thought I might as well join the website since this is a place for 07th Expansion fans.
Some of my other interests include music, and anime. I hope I can get to know you all very well.
Regards,
Echo06

8 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima! As you watch the animes and read the Higurashi vn, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the arcs in the threads we have for Umineko and Higurashi! We have both spoiler and nonspoiler threads so watchout for that.
Of course, we also have threads that arent dedicated to 07th Expansion stuff if you wanna get a feel for the other members on here.
I hope you enjoy your stay

1 Like

Hello fair people of Rokkenjima!

I am Hovlane, residing in the south western portion of the United States. So far I have only experianced two of 07th Expansions works being Higurashi and Umine though of those I have watched the entirety of Higurashi’s anime twice the manga once and read Onikushi-hen Visual Novel while with Umineko I have read the entire manga, watched the anime and went through episodes 1-4 of the visual novel.

I watched Higurashi first but I enjoy Umineko to a greater extent. I discovered Rokkenjima after finishing reading the manga back in January but I am more of a lurker so I never really felt like making an account until now.

Besides 07th Expansion my interests include Anime, Gaming, Programming and computers plus a genreal attration to amazing story telling in general.

Hope I can get over my lurker instinct so I can interact with this community more!

8 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
If you want to talk about Umineko and Higurashi, we have threads for those about the series in general, and every chapter. Of course, you can also read the opinions and views of others as well.
If you want to get into more When They Cry stuff, I recommend reading Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni! We just finished reading the First Night as a community, but you can try and catch up and join us for the Second Night!
We have other threads besides 07th expansion stuff like food, books, and music!
I hope you enjoy your stay

1 Like

I have thought about reading Higanbana but I don’t really know where I could get it to read. Is there a thread somewhere where it tells me where I could find it?

First of all, welcome @Hovlane and @Echo06!

I really advise you Higanabana, it’s pretty good, you can buy it in english on this website: http://www.spiderlilytranslations.com/
There is a demo if you are interested but since the world is so dark I didn’t like it at first, but you learn to like it after a few chapters (that’s what happened to me, at least). And if you want to download it illegally, well, I can’t help you, this forum invites everyone here to buy the stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello, my name is Kennidy. I’m 22 years old and I’m from the United States.

My first 07th Expansion series was the first half of the Higurashi anime. I was apart of a community of fan dubbers, and I guess because of Higurashi’s gruesome nature they were really fun for people to fan dub, so I watched the first half of the anime before I dropped it.

However, Umineko began to rise in popularity soon after I stumbled across Higurashi. At first, I really didn’t see the appeal in reading the visual novel–it just looked so silly–so I made the mistake of watching the anime instead. If I have any regret, it’s watching the anime and not reading the visual novel when more people were talking about it. Eventually, I got into the VN when I was in college, and it truly is one of my favorite stories.

Since then, I’ve gotten into Higanbana. It really is reminiscent of Umineko, without the mystery. I’m in love with it and I’m really looking forward to the new WTC, whenever it releases.

I like to make friends (but I’m super shy and really bad at it), so I joined this community in the hopes of building some bonds. In my free time, I watch anime, play video games (mostly Overwatch), and sleep. o/

It’s very nice to meet you all.

15 Likes

Glad you could make it Kennidy! Awesome that you’ve gotten into Higanbana. We are currently in the process of hosting a Higanbana Bookclub, and it would be awesome if you could contribute by sharing your thoughts on the different chapters in our various forum topics!

Hope you enjoy your time here and make some friends! :joyful:

1 Like

Hi there, my name is Alex and I’m 19.

I only know about the When they cry series, and I’m really looking forward to the next game!!

I like discussing theories, anime, programming, cute loli girls, Oyashiro-sama’s curse, intellectual rape, Umineko BGM, and sweets. And I hope to make LOTS of friends here!

I hope you can all welcome me, even if I’m an uninvited guest.

13 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
We have threads to talk about all of the wonderful things about the When They Cry games, including Higurashi and Umineko general threads, character specific threads, and arc threads. We even have a thread to try and guess what we can about When They Cry 5! And, if you want to try to get into other 07th Expansion works, we are currently as a community reading Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni, if you want to obtain your own copy and try to catch up.
Enjoy your stay

1 Like

There’s no such thing as an “uninvited guest” here on Rokkenjima! :happy:

6 Likes

Hey everybody, I’m Luadog (You can also call me Lua or Dog, doesn’t matter to me). I’m a 19 year old student studying Biomedical and Electrical Engineering. I live around Detroit.

I read Umineko a couple years ago, and loved it. One of my greatest joys is to reread certain scenes from the VN. I’ve also read part of Rose Gun Days, but I dropped it. Don’t know why, considering I enjoyed reading it. I guess it was just during a busy time and I had to prioritise school. Definitely gonna pick it up sometime soon.

I found this place from the podcasts that were posted on r/vns. I enjoyed the hell out of them, and lurked around for a while. Recently I’ve been drafting Umineko style mysteries or logic puzzles for one of the club’s I’m involved in, so stumbling across the Gameboards, mainly those belonging to pictoshark and ghalger, inspired me to sign up and probably post some of the ones I’ve been working on. Don’t expect too much out of them though.

Hmm, I used to read a lot of VN’s, but that’s tapered off a lot. I mainly read anything I can get my hands on. Fantasy novels, mystery novels, biographies, webnovels, fanfiction, and whatever else that catches my fancy. I used to be a big gamer, certain FPS games and Lol (I do still follow competitive) but even that has really stopped. I still do play Skyrim, and my guilty pleasure, Wizard101, so if anyone wants to hit me up, I’m down (there’s a good multiplayer mod for Skyrim coming soon). I’d love to get into some new games, so if you want someone to join you, I’m your guy.

10 Likes