Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to Rokkenjima @DiabolusLapis! I hope you enjoy our community. I’m glad you enjoyed 07th Expansions works and had them impact you in a such a way. I feel the same about Higurashi.

Since you’re a veteran, perhaps you’d like to check out our tea parties and bookclub for Higurashi, Umineko, and Higanbana? You can listen to the podcasts and share your thoughts here on the forum, and we’ll be continuing our Umineko tea party with the release of Chiru on Steam on the 17th. Hope to see you there, and thanks for joining!

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely! ^^ I have listened to a couple of them and I will go through them all when I have time. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: my name is Harli and I’ve been a fan of Umineko and Higurashi for about 5 years collectively. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about them and how wonderfully constructed stories that are. I haven’t seen all of the umineko visual novels yet, but I just recently dove back into the series and am starting umineko chiru. I have cosplayed as Beatrice three times and have made 3 different amvs of umineko. I am currently working on a skit for umineko as well as another amv. Nice to meet you all! Never let the magic die~

10 Likes

Welcome! I hope you can join the Chiru Tea Party, and it would be really nice if you shared your thoughts so far around here! Let’s keep the magic alive together!!! :joyful:

It also seems you really like Ryukishi’s writing too, so I’d totally recommend Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni, it’s another VN and it talks about some pretty heavy themes, but is still enjoyable in a Ryukishi-like way. I hope you enjoy your stay.

3 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
If you feel comfortable sharing pictures of your Beatrice cosplay, we have a thread dedicated to cosplays now! I do hope to see you involved in the Chiru tea parties, the more the merrier after all.
Have you heard about When They Cry 5 and Haworthia? You might also want to check them out. At this point, not much is known about WtC5, but there is quite a bit of speculation about it currently. Haworthia is an audio drama that just recently came out as well, and some of our members are currently translating the tracks into english for the non Japanese speakers.
I hope you enjoy your stay here~

2 Likes

Aww thank you! I plan on reading Rose Gun Days next :grin:

2 Likes

Ooo no I haven’t! Thank you for telling me this :o

1 Like

Hey, I’m Alex. I love Blushing Jessica. :blushing:

6 Likes

Hi everyone! I go by Uber pretty much everywhere on the internet. I have been an avid 07th Expansion fan ever since Higurashi— with Umineko being my biggest passion. Ive reread the series more times than I can recall and its one of the few things that consistantly sticks to me to this day. I have started reading Higanbana and intend to read Rose Gun Days sometime after. But for the most part im all team seacat.

Im slowly getting out of an art hiatus but ill be sure to share whatever fanart I whip up when the time comes. uwu

I actually found these forums due to news of a new wtc–so I figured I would jump in and try to be a bit more social with others in the fandom. Anyway its nice to meet you all :sparkles:

8 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
I do look forward to seeing your art! Its always nice when we have new creators join us. You’ve heard of WtC5, but have you heard of Haworthia? Its an audio drama that just recently came out that somehow is connected to WtC5. We have a few people here currently translating it to English for those who cannot understand Japanese.
Have you seen our gameboards? We have plenty of games other users host, so its never dull here. Or if you want to actively participate in a different way, once you reach Witch ranking, you can join or Discord server, were everyone is always talking. Its fun to both join in conversation or just sit back and watch if you dont quite want to join in.
I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hope this doesn’t come out too badly. My name on the forum is EntropyMirror, I’m 16 years old and I come from Italy. I found out about Higurashi two years ago, I watched the anime and liked it a lot. After seeing so many times this “Umineko when they cry” on Steam, I got interested, and man, I fell in love with it. I’ve read almost all of Umineko and will surely replay the whole thing after I finish it, now that the Steam version of Chiru is being released. After Umineko I got interested in the mistery genre, and I discovered this forum. This is my first forum ever, and I don’t know how “good” at this I will be, but I’ve read many topics on this forum and I think you guys are the best, both as a community and as people. Hope this was comprehensible. Nice to meet you all.

10 Likes

Nice to meet you! It’s always great to have new people around, in the forums you can enjoy all sorts of fun. If you’re interested in the mystery genre, perhaps you should try solving some gameboards, which are constantly being posted. Or maybe you’d be interested in sharing your thoughts about Higurashi and Umineko in their specific threads, there are even character threads to discuss about specific characters, but beware of spoilers because those contain full series spoilers. I hope you have fun around here, welcome to Rokkenjima!

3 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
Theres also a thread on speculating what When They Cry 5 will be like if you are interest in that! Have you heard of Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni? Its also done by Ryukishi07, and worth giving a shot. It does cover some heavy topics though.
I hope you enjoy your stay~

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard of it and I think I’ll be reading it when I have some spare time.

1 Like

Hello.

I’m Klashikari. 31 years old and discovered the Naku Koro ni series with the anime back on 2006 like many of you. The atmosphere and characters engrossed me to the point I couldn’t stop myself from searching more information on the net, ultimately leading me to KJ1980 posts on Animesuki. From there, I was simply enthralled by Ryukishi’s style and approach with sound novels.

As someone who also enjoy mysteries quite a bit (without reading many books though), Umineko sparked my interest greatly. Since there were a lot of wiki projects back then, I was like “well, why not for Umineko? this ought to be interesting”. Then the project grew beyond my wildest dreams, and I definitely didn’t expect my idea would reach that form nearly a decade later, thanks to everyone who contributed to WH and the fans who supported us for so long.

I feel honored and relieved so many people could enjoy the series and RGD with our efforts.
Also, my apologies for neglecting contact with the fandom for so long.

20 Likes

Wow, how cool to have you here!! Welcome to Rokkenjima, and thank you for all you’ve done!

1 Like

Alright, hello people.

I’m an “old school” R07’s fan so to speak, played Umineko in 2010 (So when it was really big and everyone was making umineko memes) and Higurashi when it was first released by MG years ago. (And Higanabana like last year, I guess).

I recently got into the series again and I’m currently re-reading it, so I figured I’d find more fans to discuss it with, especially given it’s getting release on Steam.

9 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!
Have you heard about When They Cry 5 and Haworthia? Not much is known about WtC5, but we have lots of guess on what it could be about. Maybe you have some new ideas or just wanna read everyone elses ideas? Haworthia is an audio drama that some people here are translating for the non-Japanese speakers here.
I hope you enjoy your stay~

@Klashikari It’s so cool to have you here!! Thank you so much for everything you did for this fandom!! Welcome to Rokkenjima!

In general, when I heard Umineko is coming to Steam and that it’ll be WH’s translation I was just so so happy. Umineko is a realllly long tale, and you worked so hard to give it to us, and now it finally came out like this.

@Jin_Uzuki Welcome to Rokkenjima! 2009-2012 were the best years!! All the theories and the arguments and the big hype and wait for the next chapter were something else. It’s always making me happy to see old veterans. Umineko really IS forever.
Literally anyone who read Umineko in the past, even if not involved in the fandom, when I’m like “I thought you were over Umineko”
“lol I’m never over Umineko”

4 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima!

All you “old school” readers make me so jealous, haha.