It Walks In Our Home

Natsuhi’s death:

Mind control hasn’t been denied this time yet.
[Color=blue]The culprit mindcontrolled Natsuhi and made her kill herself.[/color] I don’t believe that much in it.

Rosa’s room:

[Color=blue]After killing Rosa, the culprit left the room and used strings to move the key so that it would lock the door and then move into the position the group found it in. The culprit then pulled the strings to take them back. The culprit made the strings pass through a gap in the door (maybe the door lock).[/color]

I wonder how many strings would be necessary to move Rosa’s unconscious body…

Well, sort of has.

[color=red]No string or string-like object was ever attached to the key to Rosa’s room.[/color]

I don’t mean mind controlling the magical way, I mean more like hypnosis.
[Color=blue]The culprit influenced Natsuhi’s mental state and made her kill herself by mind conditioning. This mind conditioning was hidden throughout all the environment she was exposed to with subliminal messages.[/color] Even now I don’t believe in it, but worth the shot.

And now for something maybe new. Kyrie’s and Hideyoshi’s death. (If something has been tried for this one yet, I forgot)

[color=blue]The culprit forced their way in, the barricade wasn’t perfect.[/color]
Maybe directly after Kanon left. On that note, it’s also possible the food from the pantry was drugged and made the people inside sleep in, causing the gap the culprit needed. If none of that helps:

[color=blue]They could have also sneaked in during the argument.[/color]

[color=blue]Or they managed to convince the people inside to lift the barricade.[/color]

[color=blue]Or they simply camped the room until it was opened up again by the people inside for whatever reason.(toilet visits, food, etc.)[/color]

If there’s only one shotgun then this happened while Kanon was kind of out of it in the main hall, seeing how they would have needed to steal Kyrie’s shotgun to then have one when they met Kanon.

As for the sword piercing Hideyoshi, [color=blue]they re-used the sword that killed Shannon.[/color] (seeing how Kanon still had his then)

Kinzo’s study
[color=blue]
The culprit left a window open when they were in Kinzo’s study, being shown the poison box. They then snuck in, stole it, closed the window, left through the door, and let it auto-lock. The culprit would later pickpocket the key from Kanon the next day, and plant it on Kinzo’s body to create a locked room.
[/color]

Rosa’s room
[color=blue]
The culprit leaned/angled one of the chairs with a body on it against one of the windows, which was open. They quickly escaped through said window, and the angled chair would slowly slide the window shut with its weight/gravity. The culprit then used looped string to pull the chair into an upright position from the other side of the door, and then undid the loops from the outside by pulling on one side of each string.
[/color]

1 Like

Would be a bit unfair to construct a gameboard that’s built on the foundations of the first game and then change the skillset to that point.

This red from before, thus, still applies.

Kyrie and Hideyoshi’s death doesn’t interest me. What potential problems that may arise will arise, but will be squashed relatively quickly. Thus, I’ll be accepting any reasonable explanation for their deaths.

[color=red]When Kanon entered Kinzo’s study on the night of the 4th, all of the windows in it were closed and locked.[/color]

[color=red]All of the windows in Rosa’s room were closed directly by hand from the inside of the room, with the person doing it being alive. The one in the bathroom of Rosa’s room was locked directly by hand from the inside, with the person doing it being alive.[/color] (The reason the bathroom window is specified here is because of the layout and the type of windows of bedrooms, which is covered in Game 1.)

Then, [color=blue]the culprit used the key they stole from Kanon to enter the study the night before, took the box, and left a window open. The rest of the plan was as described above. [/color]

Additionally, [color=blue]The bathroom to Rosa’s room wasn’t searched properly by the group, and had someone hiding in it. [/color]

Pardon, who was the culprit again?

once again i only read the first part of that theory when i could’ve just asked this from the get-go rip

The bathroom would’ve been searched as well, given that it was a part of ‘the room’. Sorry if that hadn’t been made clear, but yeah - nobody hiding in there either.

[color=blue]
The culprit was Rudolf, who was pretending to be dead.
The culprit was Eva, who was pretending to be dead.
The culprit was Jessica, who killed everyone, set up a trap outside Kinzo’s study that killed Kanon, then succumbed to the poison.
The culprit was George, who was pretending to be dead.
The culprit was Nanjo, who was pretending to be dead.
[/color]

I am beginning to slightly lose my mind, apologies in advance.

Kanon never even got close to him for that to be possible.

HER EYES AND TONGUE HAD BEEN RIPPED OUT???

???

???

That doesn’t even make any sense given your own theory! She was dead the only time Kanon got to her, how did she just pickpocket the key?? How do you get the key on Kinzo’s dead ass?? The only other time we’ve established is literally the night before but that doesnt work because weve already gone through it and aaaaaaAAAaaaaAA

And Kanon hears footsteps before he’s shot and a voice??

???

HIS INSIDES

WERE RIPPED OUT

AND RIGHT NEXT TO HIM

Kanon isn’t blind.

[color=red]Had Nanjo’s body moved, Kanon would’ve noticed it immediately and noted it in the narration. AND NO YOU CAN’T PICKPOCKET SOMEONE WITHOUT MOVING YOUR BODY[/color]

2 Likes

I still believe in my Gohda culprit theory, it makes sense, I’ll prove it to you all. :gohda:

[Color=red] All of the heads Kanon found in the fridge belonged exactly to the people Kanon attributed them to.[/color]
How to explain this?

[Color=blue] The head found in the fridge is in fact Gohda’s head, but not the one you would normally consider. Gohda used a 3D printer to create a head identical to his. So that head belongs to Gohda, it’s still ‘his head’, even if printed.[/color] You could argue that ‘exactly’ prevents this scenario, but it’s still Gohda’s head. That exactly was put there to deny the possibility of Kanon thinking “Oh, Gohda’s head”, while it was the head belonging to someone bearing Gohda’s name, or something along those lines.

Let’s scan for possible culprits.

Shannon can’t be for sure.

Kanon being the culprit wouldn’t make any sense.

Battler and Jessica are very improbable culprits at this point.

Natsuhi died before the end.

It can’t be Rudolf because Kanon didn’t even check his body, Knox’s 8th.

Krauss was hung and in a terrible state.

George and Eva were 100% dead.

Rosa was dead, I doubt she was alive at that point.

Kinzo’s head was blown.

And if one of those was dead before the end, Kanon saw a ghost or a robot, and both were denied.

Who is left?

Gohda, Kumasawa or Genji, with Gohda being the most probable due to the physique thing, together with the reasons I stated when I pointed him as the culprit.

Nanjo: he could be, but this is the solution I like the least.

Kyrie or Hideyoshi: I have the feeling they are not the culprit, Natsuhi’s murder and the AH AH AH are hard to explain, and they just don’t feel like culprits at this point.

To sum up.

Not a world changing post on the theory front, but I suggest that we make theories based on one of those six, with Nanjo and Gohda being the best choices. I may be totally wrong, so any other opinion is well accepted. Not adding any important fact, I’m just trying to build a solid ground for our future theories.

Time to return to our ‘impossible’ crimes.

̶U̶n̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶c̶a̶t̶o̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶H̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶.̶

2 Likes

Going beyond the general overly wordplay-ish nature of that solution, there’s [color=red]Knox’s 8th[/color] for proof that any of the heads were fake and that a device that could print such heads exists, and a little bit of [color=red]Knox’s 4th[/color] given that 3D printers (as far as I know) didn’t exist in 1986, forcing you to give me some alternative (probably hard to understand scientific device) which could do the job.

[color=blue]Kanon dropped the key when he was fleeing from the parlor. He didn’t notice because he was panicking and the sound of the sword falling hid the sound of the key falling. The culprit picked up the key and used it to create Kinzo’s closed room. [/color]

Now you wish to be reasonable?

I’m afraid it’s too late for that.

No amount of justification for him potentially missing it can change this. (I’d heavily advise against trying to come up with some revolutionary way where he could drop it without it being considered dropping or intentionally disposing of. It will do you no good.)

[color=blue] Kyrie pick-pocketed the key from Kanon. The culprit then took it from her after killing her, and put the key on Kinzo’s body. [/color] Note, in this blue, the culprit had to have left a window open when they stole the poison using the key the night before. Otherwise, they can’t kill Kinzo in time since Kyrie was alive after Kinzo’s death.

Alternatively, Hideyoshi or Natsuhi.

EDIT: Also either you’re being tricky here or there’s something missing in the narrative. Kanon “notes” that he must have dropped the sword back in the library, but that’s not actually present in his POV in the library. So at the very least, this red cannot mean Kanon would have had to “instantly” notice/note such an event. If this comment Kanon makes about the dropped sword after the fact counts, why not this line?

I checked my person. Nothing I could use to open the door. I chuckled. Why would there be? GOD FORBID!

But maybe I’m overthinking things here. Would be a pretty bad solution, imo. Just want to put it out there just in case.

An alternate theory where Kinzo is the keybearer himself: [color=blue]The culprit lures Kinzo from his study, where he discovers the killings. This would explain why he’s so convinced the group is trying to kill him. The culprit gets the jump on Kinzo, knocks him out, and takes the key. They put Kinzo in his study, steal the poison, then he later wakes up and has the interaction with the group. Afterwards, the culprit returns to finish him off, leaving the key on his body. Alternatively, the culprit leaves a window open and leaves the key to the study on Kinzo the first time. [/color]

Natsuhi’s murder
[color=blue]After Kanon checked the bathroom window,but before he finished his search, the culprit stuck his hand into the bathroom from outside and quickly unlocked the window. Either Natsuhi was distracted and didn’t notice, or because the culprit motioned for her to be quiet and they were somebody she trusted, she said nothing to Kanon. The culprit then entered through the window, killed Natsuhi, locked the window, and hid until Kanon broke the door down. [/color]

I can’t really imagine why Kyrie or any of the others would do that, but let’s make things simple because I don’t have the capacity for suffering to deal with variations or elaborate workarounds here. [color=red]If anyone committed any sort of act of pickpocketing, it could’ve only been the culprit.[/color]

You’re overthinking it slightly here, I’m afraid. The point is that at one point another, Kanon will say flat-out that he dropped something without showing any surprise that he did. In that scene in particular, it would’ve made perfect sense for him to not have the sword, given that he had to carry Battler. I will admit, however, that it’s somewhat of an oversight on my part, but one that doesn’t really lead to anything. The initial red should still be taken at face-value. There’s no trick to be found here.

Alright, yeah, sure, I can see that. I don’t think there’s a red denying that yet, so pass.

No dice.

[color=red]When Kanon finished his initial search of the bathroom, the window was still locked.[/color] ‘Initial search’ referring to him checking the bathroom the first time around, not the check after he finds Natsuhi’s body, of course.

(Post slightly edited because I realized I sounded more like an asshole that I should’ve. My apologies.)

[color=blue]The culprit hid in the toilet tank, evading Kanon’s search. [/color]

1 Like

[color=red]Knox’s 8th.[/color] I mean… on pretty much all of it. How does one hide in a toilet tank? Since when do they make toilet tanks big enough for people to fit into them? Is there any proof such a toilet tank was used here?

[color=blue]The culprit was smuggled into the bathroom under Natsuhi’s dress. The culprit was someone Natsuhi trusted, so she agreed to this.[/color] (???)

Rosa’s room
[color=blue] The key couldn’t quite fit under the door, but the culprit stuck it under there, leaving it a bit out of view. The key entered the room when the door was knocked down. [/color]

1 Like

[color=red]Knox’s 8th.[/color] Natsuhi was found in her pyjamas (or her nightgown I can’t remember, it’s not really important), it’s never stated if she changed at any point and a good description of her clothing is never given in general.

Also…

Why??

You can interpret the red to mean that the key couldn’t have been so much as wedged in any gap, either. (Besides, I don’t think it would work in this case, anyway. The key would had to have been found directly near the door, at best. And given that it was never specified it was, knox’s 8th etc etc)

1 Like