Let us discuss Higurashi Hou's Question Arcs before Meakashi hits [SPOILERS!]

So, as many of you already know, the first four arcs of Higurashi have been up on Steam for a while. And while we have indeed had a TON of great discussion revolving around the particulars of the arcs (shoutout to @Pepe for always being there for me as a worthy adversary to test my theories against :stuck_out_tongue: ), I think us newcomers to Higurashi could really use a post under which we can discuss Higurashi as a whole, so far. (As far as I have seen, arc-specific threads tends to focus on the specifics on that Arc, which isnā€™t a bad thing.)
Hereā€™s the rules:

• NO SPOILERS PAST HIMATSUBUSHI! Feel free to participate if you have read/watched Higurashi past the first four arcs, but I think itā€™s best if there are no spoilers (or spoiler tags!) floating around. If you really want to post such content, label it appropriately and do so behind spoiler tags. Site-wide spoiler policy about stuff pertaining to Umineko or any outside work still applies.
  • Spoiler tags for the first four Arcs are not needed. There will be untagged spoilers for the first half of Higurashi in this thread!
  • Feel free to post anything about Higurashi Houā€™s mysteries here! They can be about something particular to an Arc, a small detail, or just something that encompasses all four Arcs so far.
  • Have fun!

But to just sent such a broad topic out into the wild without any catalyst would just not do. So hereā€™s a question.

Do you think that the mystery is the work of a curse or the work of humans?

Are you perhaps looking for this?

Counterpoint. The spoiler-free Umineko Episode 4 general.

Have you seen how much EP 1 talk that really annoying ā€œpictosharkā€ guy was drumming up in there?

1 Like

As picto said, we already have the Chapter 4 Spoiler-Free General serving the exact same purpose. Please post there instead!