Poll: Which 07th Expansion Works have you read?

• Higurashi (Anime Only)
  • Higurashi VNs
  • Umineko
  • Higanbana
  • Rose Guns Days
  • Hotarubi (Current chapter)
  • TRianThology

0 voters

List all the 07th Expansion works you’ve read! If you’re only partway through a series, please don’t vote on it, but be sure to explain the details in a follow-up reply. It’ll be handy to know where everyone in our community is at with 07th Expansion. And please don’t tag both Higurashi Anime and VNs~. Standard spoiler rules apply. Don’t post untagged spoilers / tagged spoilers without context!

1 Like

So far I read and watched everything from Ryukishi except for Iwaihime.

One day…

I’ve read only ch. 1-3 of Higurashi so far. I’ve been picking them up as soon as they release on Steam.

But where’s the option for the Umineko anime

4 Likes

Wait wait, someone has finished TRianThology already??

1 Like

Read all but Iwaihime/Trianthology/Hotarubi. Though i’ve read the prologue that Ryukishi wrote for Hotarubi…

1 Like

I did. Pretty short tbh. Like, shorter than Umineko’s Episode 1.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it! Would you mind dropping a spoiler-free review on our general topic? I’m sure lots of people here are excited to hear a reader’s thoughts and ask your questions.

1 Like

I am new to 07th Expansion, so for now, I’ve just watched the Higurashi anime, embarrassingly. I’ve read a few volumes of the Higurashi manga too. As for Umineko, I tried reading the VNs, but I just couldn’t get into them, so I’ll have to make do with the manga for now. And I’ve watched the not-so-good Umineko anime too, of course. As for the other works, Higanbana is the only one that interest me, its plot seems pretty compelling and I’ll probably give it a try after I’m done with Umineko.

I’ve only ever tried to read one 07th Expansion work, which is Umineko no Naku Koro ni. I’m still reading the story, which I started last October and restarted in January so I could try appreciating the series as it should be. I’m only on EP5 so far, and I love it a lot. I just use the good ol’ PC version with Witch Hunt’s English patch for now. I have Umitweak installed but I’m waiting to read that version until I finish Umineko as, what I believe, it was intended to be. I actually find Ryukishi’s sprites really charming, haha.

4 Likes

I’ve read Higurashi and Umineko sound novels so far. I guess I read Higanabana manga too, that was really short. I plan to read the Higanabana visual novel and Rose Gun Days soon. I think I’m going to try the Umineko manga since I’ve heard that it’s really good but that it somewhat ruins certain aspects. Looking forward to seeing how it’s handled in manga form.

1 Like

In terms of works read, I guess I’m still a little chick that at least made a few tries to fly, but hasn’t completely taken off yet. That means, I read the question arcs of Umineko and the first chapter of Higurashi. Going to work my way through the other three of the Higurashi chapters released on steam next.

Surprised I haven’t answered this. I’ve only read Umineko fully, I plan to read Rose Gun Days at some point, and the next When they Cry, hopefully Higurashi at some point but we’ll see, probably.

What I’m surprised at is the fact that more people here have read the Higurashi Visual Novels over the anime. I thought the anime was more well known?

I’ve watched the Higurashi anime and read through Umineko fully. My experience with the Higurashi VN’s have been more… jumpy to put it simply. Read through Matsuribayashi-hen over the summer, then jumped back to Watanagashi-hen, then read Tatarigoroshi-hen afterwards.

1 Like

I’ve read the Higurashi manga seen the meh anime and read umineko. Have RGD and higanbana on my computer but haven’t gotten around to reading them yet.

1 Like

Higurashi (anime) Umineko and rose guns days. working on higurashi (kind of)

I’ll finish up the higurashi vn once the whole thing comes to steam. Honestly the more I wait the better, because I will forget what happens… (since I watched the anime long ago) I finished rose guns days not too long ago (December 2016) and umineko was finished the day the patch was released lol.

I “read” Hotaru-bi if you take a really generous view of “reading”.

What’s that meant to mean? :stuck_out_tongue:

Higurashi anime (minus the OVAs), manga and VN up to Himatsubushi (currently waiting for the Steam release of Meakashi).
Umineko VN, manga (although only fragments of EP 8; I want to finish rereading the VN before I read the manga entirely) and anime.
Rose Guns Days VN.
What has been translated of the Trianthology and Higanbana manga so far.

No option for the Higurashi or Umineko manga?
Well, I’ve read the Umineko and Higanbana VNs at least. Hoping to get into RGD and reread secats and spider lily by myself after I graduate high school.

…Then I’ll maybe read the Higurashi VN.

1 Like