Rokkenjima Chorus: TSUBASA (Accepting Applications!)

That’s right! Get those mics ready, it’s time for another Rokkenjima Chorus! Given the success of our You Chorus, we’re kicking off the Umineko Answer Arcs Tea Party by singing TSUBASA, the ending song of Episode 5!

At the moment I’d like to start with an application process. Anyone can apply! From all the submissions we’ll select the best few and throw them together in a chorus. Once again I’ll be employing my trustworthy friend Spikeness to mix the audio together for us.

Please register your interest here and I’ll add you to our PM group! Submissions close on the 24th of November, so don’t delay!

We may also need the help of someone experienced with subbing to create subtitles for the video, so let me know if you’d like to help with that!

3 Likes

I’m interested~

So I hope we can get lyrics without the risk of spoilers. (Meaning I’m paranoid and don’t even want to click play on that video ^^;)

2 Likes

I WANNA SING!! URYU~! :joyful:

1 Like

Here are the lyrics, copy and pasted from the video!

Please recollect your crime
In grief, you keep singing a song that I taught you
When they cry

Tsumi wa wasuresarareta
Haruka tooi toki no ori e
Nani mo omoidasezu ni
Semete agake yo eien ni

The blue words are breaking your heart
Cruel magic is the red wall

Tatoe subete ushinatta to shite mo
Mou ichido tobitatsu
Ano hi no namida o dakinagara

Moshi mo soko ni ai ga areba
Mieru hazu naki mirai ga
Kitto afurete ita

Nani mo osoreru koto wa nai
Soba ni Kakera ga aru kara

Subete kowase kono sekai o
Takusan no namida-tachi de sore o tomeyou to shite ite mo
Kaeru basho o mitsuketa kara
Nani mo kamo o wasurete

Mou nido to kujikenai
Oreta tsubasa de tobitatou

Also, I’m very much interested. I was waiting for another one of these!!

2 Likes

Lmao count me out. I’m terrible at singing

@VyseGolbez You can’t participate if you don’t want to listen to the song :stuck_out_tongue:

but now with the lyrics here, I can grab the downlowd link without having to watch the video, which might be an animation spoiling ep 5 stuff. So if someone would have said that the video is a still image, there wouldn’t have been a problem either. I’m just paranoid is all.

The thumbnail I prepared has more spoilers than that video.

Guess my worries were unfounded then. (Also I know that character already as you’re probably aware)

Quick Tips for Chorus Success (and making my job easier)

• Record in Mono. I can forgive you for not doing this, but yeah just do it :kinzo:

• Do multiple takes! Your first may end up being the best, but if you’re feeling up to it give it another whirl or two or three. (If you do this give me all of them obviously)

• Record as loud and as clear as possible. As long as you aren’t clipping and getting some mad square wave action, try and get yourself recorded at a nice volume, its easier to work with and I wont need to slam compressors to make you semi audible!

Have fun!

Feel free to hit me up with questions if required. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey! I would love to sign up for this. I’m midrange voice for a guy, so I help I can help add some variety to our cast. c:

1 Like

As long as I can go ‘Ba dadada Ba da da-da da!’ in between lyrics I’m totally in! That riff gets me every time~ :wahaha:

3 Likes

I’m in for this. I freaking love Tsubasa. Can’t wait to actually experience it in context.

I would love to help out! For those of you who know male voices I have a lower range tenor voice.

1 Like

We’re gonna need help with someone experienced with subbing to prepare subs for the video! Is anyone interested?

I’m very interested!

Also, since the song contains a second voice, if needed, I can record the two versions - the song itself and the second voice separately. You can also use the second voice for more people to listen to it separately and mimic it for more singers to do that part!

1 Like

Well, we didn’t receive a single submission, so I guess this project is scrapped ^^;

I just found out about this from your post now. :crying: If I had known earlier, I would have considered participating.