Rokkenjima Mafia - Game II [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

Then again, all of our postulating here assumes the competence of our glorious host, something I have rather major doubts towards.

So, there’s that.

1 Like

Well yeah, there’s that.

So let’s just wait until dawn and see what has happened during the night and if there’s anything we can figure out through that.

Wow, savage.

1 Like

I know, right? Picto going in for the kill. hugs @Rabla

Rude

The young man put on his glasses and once again headed out to redirect people around the house, determined in his fight to beat the Witches. He was first approached by the same old servant from the previous night, who he sent away to the room of the man who had come to check on him yesterday. For that man, he had the servant move him to a private room.

The man in white intended to visit this young man, worried he was drawing too much attention to himself. However, on his way through the house, an old woman stopped him for a chat. He had a drink with her as she talked about her days with the family, and by the time she was done the man in white had fallen asleep on the couch.

The old servant was once again visited by someone looking for someone else, this time a lady. She decided to ask him about his career, but gained no notable gossip; the old servant’s dedication to the family was everlasting. The man she intended to seek out later came straight to her, and they chatted for a while after he asked her some questions.

Once the old servant was done dealing with the whims of everyone else in the mansion, he finally set about his own way and went to check on one of the younger men, however found him asleep on the floor of his room, fallen from his bed. He clearly wasn’t going anywhere, so the old servant headed to his own room to get what sleep remained.

The young man with glasses was happy, his goal met for the night, and had headed back towards his own room before encountering an older man. He went to approach him, perhaps he had come to talk to him about his great work in the mansion. However, before he could open his mouth, a fist slammed into his gut and he was sent reeling into a window. Cut all over, bleeding, and dazed, the young man could do nothing to stop the foot that axed down upon his skull.

pictoshark is dead, they played the role of George Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Perfect Son

You have 48 Hours to decide on your votes, with the phase ending at 3:30AM UTC, on Friday the 11th of November.

With 9 Players remaining, the majority lynch is at 5. If majority is achieved, the vote will be frozen and the player nominated will be killed as soon as the Game Master is available. If majority is not achieved during the Phase, the player with the most votes at the end of the time limit will be killed.

Enjoy your day.

@Karifean @Aspirety @cjlim2007 @Necem @pictoshark @Pepe @SuperM @PocketyHat @thesorceress @Wonderlander @EternalMagician

1 Like

rubs hands well now, it seems we are getting somewhere. The reveal of an “older lady” who seems to be a blocker is now in play. Said blocker successfully being able to block our good old “man in white”. This is particularly dangerous because now, the witch side has confirmed the identity of the protector, whereas we humans are still in the dark.

There is one thing that I can confirm, though. Aspirety is not the protector. How do I know? Because I saw him through the eyes of my piece, asleep on the floor, clumsy boy he is. Yes, I am the servant.

Now where does that leave us. First there is the case of poor pictoshark’s “meatdoll”. He seems to have done exactly as we agreed upon… And chose me to switch with @EternalMagician. The protector also did as instructed, but was thwarted by the old lady.

Next is the other lady, who seems to be another observer of sorts. I previously thought her to be @thesorceress. Can you confirm this? Did you visit @EternalMagician, but were caused to visit my piece instead? No need to state what your power is if you feel it too risky.
This lady was also visited by @EternalMagician himself. Who did you visit at night?

Lastly, we know from this round that @RegNewmont played no actions in the first twilight. We also know that people killed will not have their abilities revealed.

After this round, I feel my trust in @Aspirety has increased. He did not do anything this round, proving him vanilla; and he doesn’t match any of the descriptions of our malicious hosts. Now then, who is missing? Who can we eliminate?

I feel once we get info for one more person, the protector should be safe to reveal themselves, and we will be left with 3 people who are potentially witches.

I feel the need to mention because it wasn’t clear to some of our deceased, the Witch Side Victory Condition of matching or outnumbering the Human Side only counts those specifically Human Aligned. The Another World alignment doesn’t increase the number of players the Witches need to match.

You don’t know the number of Witches yet, obviously, but keep that in mind.

1 Like

Well seems like we started the new day with both good and bad news then.

For the bad we can now confirm pretty much confirm that we have lost our Switcher to the Witches. This means that for anyone who hasn’t revealed their abilitities KEEP THEM HIDDEN, if @Pepe is correct and @Aspirety is not the protector that means that I am the only one’s who’s ability we know (at least that I’m aware of) and if they do take me out during the next twilight then they will, at least, have no further leads.

As for the good news I ask everyone to gather around.

Everyone here? Good. Ladies and gentlemen, humans and otherworldly beings, during the night I used my Detective’s authority and I believe that I now have confirmed our first Witch and it is… Dramatic drumroll.

@Pocketyhat

What do you say, everyone?

1 Like

I didn’t do anything last night, so I don’t think it could be me.

So we have our first witch? That’s useful. Should we start the vote right now or wait?

I mean, I don’t think we have any reason to doubt this intel and there’s def every reason to take down the witches as soon as we can, yeah?

I mean, I have no problem starting.

Vote: PocketyHat

I’ll follow:

Okay if what @EternalMagician is saying true, and I think it is, we have 3 witches. The killer “older man” the roleblocker “older woman” and the lady who is probably @PocketyHat who asked @Pepe some questions?

So right now we are 5 humans 3 witches. We have to get rid of the witches ASAP. We know @PocketyHat is one so… I will give them a chance to defend themselves before voting, but I doubt my opinion will be swayed.

And as for the rest, we know that @EternalMagician, @Pepe, @Aspirety and I are humans, @thesorceress is lady alice. That leaves @PocketyHat who is a witch. So out of @Karifean, @Necem and @SuperM… That means 2 of them are witches?

What role is this @PocketyHat? Share it with us will you? :stuck_out_tongue: Any other thoughts on what role this can be?

Wooaaah I wake up and people started voting for me??
And I didn’t even get a chance to say anything, hmph, rude. Especially when the majority lynch is at 5. Calm your horses, and let’s drink some tea alright?
I can clearly state that I am not a witch.
Of course none of you will believe as is the nature of the game, and as much as I want to talk about myself, I don’t want the witches to kill me. Which seems to have been successful up until today!~
But here’s a thing though, even if we know of each other’s abilities or lack of thereof, there’s always the chance the person with the useful ability to humans is actually on the witches’ side. Remember when I said that I was squinty at @Aspirety for my own reasons? It’s because of this basis I had.
And let me turn the chessboard around.
If @EternalMagician is, in fact, a human, I don’t know why he would straight out lie and say that I am a witch, unless there’s a possible framer role that makes me look like I am a witch. That, or he’s trying to draw out everyone who’s voting for me as a possible witch. Which would be smart, but I digress.
Now, if he is a witch then he has a lot to gain for pointing me out. He does have everyone’s trust, right? He can use that to point at whoever he wants and kill them. And we wouldn’t want our Detective, a person who is very useful to us, to actually be from the witch’s side, right? But then there’s the risk that, when it’s revealed that I am a human on my death, he might immediately get revealed to be a witch. But think about it, if we assume that we have 3 witches, right now it’s 6v3, counting @thesorceress, since they are heavily against witches anyway, so then it would be 4v3 if the witches manage to kill someone at night, and then 4v2 if he gets lynched the next day, and 3v2 if the witches manage to kill someone on that night. He’s clearly not a killing role, so the witches wouldn’t lose anything if he were to die and they wouldn’t be at a disadvantage necessarily. They just would need one more random dude to vote for their vote and and lynch another human and in the end, it would be a 1v2.
But if there are only 2 witches, then it would be a huge disadvantage to lose him… but it would help the killer to stay hidden for much longer within the people who have not yet revealed their abilities. And by sheer power of manipulation, they could still win. So it would be like 7v2, 6v2, 6v1, 5v1, and from them one they’d have to rely on their power of manipulation. I would feel really sorry for the killer. Or not, why would I, they’re a killer after all :cackle:
But with this, I’m not gonna counter-vote, I don’t want to risk to lose such an important ally.
…But I’m not good with words either way, so if you didn’t understand what I said before, then I should be punished. I’m really sorry for being confusing.

Besides, we haven’t even started discussing why they killed @pictoshark. So please, let’s not get hasty here.
Why would they risk trying to kill @pictorshark? Especially since it would mean to reveal that they know who the protector is? I understand that it’s probably mostly to get the randomness out of the way, but wouldn’t they use that to their advantage? I dunno, my brain fried out for a moment, so I forgot to think of any reason why they would kill him. I will miss that poor fool’s rambles though…
(Actually, irl reasons for my brain to fry, so sorry about this)

Let’s start by disassembling this again.

PictoShark (George) switches Pepe (Genji) and EternalMagician (Hideyoshi).

Well fuck, looks like the witch side has confirmed the identity of the Protector (Nanjo, player unknown) by roleblocking them (I can only assume the identity of the roleblocker to be Kumasawa). I guess that means since the witch side is already aware of their identity, they are free to reveal themselves now, since they’ll die next night anyways. It would simply give the humans the same information the witches already have so there should be no harm in it.

If EternalMagician’s claim is to be believed, this is PocketyHat (Kyrie?) attempting to investigate EternalMagician (Hideyoshi) but finding Pepe (Genji) instead, while EternalMagician in turn has no issue investigating PocketyHat.

Pepe (Genji) tracks the movements of Aspirety (Battler) who’s been absent for almost 48 hours now. I hope whatever is keeping him extremely busy at the moment will resolve itself soon, it would be rather sad to see the game ending with a player absent all the while.

Finally, PictoShark (George) is once again approached by an older man and promptly gets killed. Interestingly enough the narration never specifies that the older man is the one who kills him, neither here nor in the previous writeup (could be an unknown person moving together with the older man and being the actual murderer), but it’s at least heavily implied to be the man himself both times so I’m willing to discard this possibility for the time being.

Since Kinzo and Genji are accounted for, the ‘older man’ here could reasonably refer to any of the male Ushiromiya adults. Unfortunately the only adult accounted for is Hideyoshi whom has revealed themselves to be a detective, and nobody contradicted them on this so it’s double believable. I double-checked the role sheet to make sure, and it clearly states that “The Detective Role is always a Human Side Ability in its main form.”

@PocketyHat, you will most certainly not be convincing to anyone that @EternalMagician is the one lying if you yourself are still so unforthcoming with information about yourself. As for why @pictoshark was murdered, I pointed it out myself didn’t I? That the Switcher is a role that can severely hurt the witches as they can redirect murderings back to the witch side.

You are right, if EternalMagician has actually been rusing us from the beginning this could very well decide the game; since @thesorceress does not count towards the mafia-outnumbering-humans rule, they need only kill off a human now and the uncovered Protector during the night and win the game with a 3v3 state. So the possibility has to be entertained, it could decide the game! Still, so far I see no major reason to doubt EternalMagician’s testimonies, especially seeing as how you still haven’t told us who you are yet.

Sorry I’ve been absent. Still alive, but I need a bit more time to get my shit together.
See you soon, guys.

Alright, PocketyHat. I have a proposition for you.
Frankly I am not quite ready to vote you out just yet. I still do not fully trust @EternalMagician and his claims. However what I do trust are the nightly write-ups provided by our gracious host, and so far, the write-up seems to agree with him being the detective; or, at the least, having an investigative role (because pictoshark, confirmed human, planned to switch him with someone else, and the writeup confirmed that this “young man” did investigation).

So my proposition to you is, simply: reveal yourself. EternalMagician claims to have visited you and confirmed your allegiance. Are you the lady in the write-ups? What is your power? Who is the other young man you visited last twilight?

I think we gave them enough time.

BTW, since the witch side knows who the protector is, no harm in sharing. Which of you is the protector @Karifean, @Necem and @SuperM? Which one?