Rokkenjima Mafia - Game II [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

Hello, children of the Island. Welcome to Rokkenjima, or at least this personal distortion. This Gameboard is styled as a ‘Mafia’ Game, a competitive flow of logic, thinking, trust, and analysis, that you and your fellow players must come together, to unite or fool others, into your victory.

“What is Mafia?” you may ask. To put it simply, a mafia game pits an uninformed majority – in this case, the “Human Side” – against an informed minority – the “Witch Side” – with each side trying to eliminate the others, and the last team standing wins

1. The Witch Side know who their teammates are and may communicate with them outside of the thread
  2. The Human Side players only know their own identity and cannot communicate with other members about the game outside of this thread

This Mafia is, of course, themed after 07th Expansion – each participant will be assigned a character from the game; combined with your alignment, this makes up your “Role.” Most characters will also be assigned an ability that allows them to take a special action under certain circumstances.

----Game Progression----

The game is divided into two alternating phases:

In the Daylight Phases, members vote in-thread on who they would like to lynch; if a majority of the participants can agree on one person, then that person is Killed. If no agreement can be reached, then whichever member has to most votes against them at the end of the 48-hour time limit is Killed. If there are multiple members with the same number of votes, then the Victim will be determined randomly from the tie.

During the Twilight Phases, members with active abilities can send a Private Message to the Game Master with who and/or how they want to use their ability. Night actions may be changed or canceled at any time during the 24-hour time limit.

----Voting----

When voting, please do so in bold, and separated from the body of your post, like so:

Vote: Bonecuss

Keeping it between paragraphs and bolded will make it easier for the Game Master to recognize and count your vote. As we are just starting, I will be lenient, but this will be enforced more over time.

When changing a vote, you use the same format, but with “Change Vote” instead of just “Vote.” If you have cast a vote and wish take it back entirely instead of just changing it to someone else, use:

Change Vote: No Vote

If you wish for nobody to be lynched during a Daylight Phase, then you also have the option of casting a vote for “No Death.” The difference you must recognize here is that a No Death vote means you are actively voting for no-one to die, whereas using No Vote means you are not adding anything to the overall tally.

In the scenario where a definitive Majority Vote occurs (eg, 6 of 10 living players all vote the same player), the Daylight Phase will end early and that player will be killed. Once this is locked in, the death is definitive, and any changed votes before the Game Master is able to progress the game will be ignored. You can not back down from such a decision so easily, weaklings.

----Night Actions----

When sending in your night action PM, please use a format similar to voting – for those of you with active abilities, this means using the bolded word from your role description. Some examples:

Investigate: Bonecuss

Kill: Bonecuss

Protect: Bonecuss

This is to help the Game Master keep straight who is doing what without having to memorize everyone’s ability or consult a list (more than is necessary, anyway).

If you have no intent to act during a Twilight Phase, please send a PM saying “No action”. This will speed up the Twlight Phase so the Game Master doesn’t have to wait for everyone’s PM. You do not have to worry about this if you do not have a night phase ability.

----Roleclaims----

At any time you see fit, you may make a claim to which character you are and what your alignment is; this generally done as a manner of defending oneself, though the effectiveness will vary. An example:

You are Bonecuss: Human Aligned Bullied Example

As a Rule, this is the ONLY part of your Role PM you can share within the game board. Quoting other parts will have you Modkilled.

----Winning the Game----

These are the Win Conditions that will cause the Game to end.

For the Human Side - The Human Side must find and Kill every member of the Witch Side through Majority Vote in Daylight Phases. When only Humans remain, all survivors will be crowned as Winners.

For the Witch Side - When the Witch Side is equal to or outnumbers the remaining Humans, the Witches will automatically win.

----Modkills----

A Modkill is when the Game Master has to step in and Kill a Player due to them violating one this game’s four rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with people you aren’t allowed to talk to it about.

2. Do not edit or delete your posts. Just like in real life, once you’ve said something, you’ve said it – no take-backs. If you need to say something else or clarify a certain point, you are allowed to double post. For the purposes specific to Rokkenjima as a forum, please avoid posting images in messages from outside the website; the Discourse forum will auto-edit your post to move the image to Rokkenjima’s own server. This may result in accidental disqualification. If you need to post an image for whatever reason, please use the Upload feature included in the message editor when posting.

3. Do not quote anything from another member or the Game Master’s Private Messages to you in-thread without their permission, with the exception of your character name and alignment.

4. Do not disclose ANY information about the game (your power, the results of your night actions, the identity of your teammate(s), etc.) after your death has been confirmed in a write-up.

Beyond these restrictions, anything goes (all forum rules still apply).

Additionally, you will be Modkilled if you are absent from the proceedings (either in-thread or from night actions) for four consecutive phases. Being active in the proceedings does not include one post every five days simply saying you are busy. If you’re going to be away for a while, say so ahead of time in-thread to avoid receiving a Modkill. Alternatively, you may simply send PM to the Game Master to notify them that you are still paying attention, but aren’t acting/speaking for strategic reasons.

----Further Questions----

If you’ve any questions about game progression in general, ask in-thread so that someone may assist you as soon as possible. Questions specifically about your role or ability works should be PM’d directly to the GM. Suggestions concerning things to be done in future rounds may be PM’d to the GM or posted in-thread, whichever you prefer.

----Game Resources----

An Example Game can be viewed here, which contains a higher level logic and thinking that Players should strive for.

Due to the request of a few Players, I’ve compiled a list of possible ‘Roles’ that can appear in the Game. Please peruse this at your leisure to help you try and identify your potential allies and enemies.

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima. Not yours, but mine.

Another Fragment of the Crimson Sorceror has been found in the stars, and the call to challenge beckons.

The Emergency Family Conference is the stage once again, and the pieces have been shuffled. Curious observers look on with baited breath, hoping to watch another tragedy.

How will the Players fare now, with knowledge learnt and experiences made, will the Humans be able to fight back this time?

This game’s difficulty level is fair, and the nights will be busy. I hope you all get enough sleep as you battle for survival.

Players:
1. Karifean
2. Aspirety
3. cjlim2007
4. Necem
5. pictoshark
6. RegNewmont
7. Pepe
8. SuperM
9. PocketyHat
10. thesorceress
11. Wonderlander
12. EternalMagician

The Game So Far:

Winners
Aspirety - Battler Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Incompetent Youth
Pepe - Genji Ronoue, Human Aligned Head Servant
Wonderlander - Jessica Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Joyful Daughter
EternalMagician - Hideyoshi Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Business Pro

Losers:
cjlim2007 - Usagi, Another World Aligned Stressed Servant
RegNewmont - Kinzo Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Crazed Head
pictoshark - George Ushiromiya, Human Aligned Perfect Son
PocketyHat - Rosa Ushiromiya, Witch Aligned Solemn Mother
Karifean - Terumasa Nanjo, Human Aligned Family Doctor
Necem - Krauss Ushiromiya, Witch Aligned True Successor
SuperM - Chiyo Kumasawa, Witch Aligned Old Bones
thesorceress - Alice, Another World Aligned Bored Maiden (via association rule)

Sure =)

Hai hai sign me up.

Back again

Count me in!

Sign me up

Hi everyone! Just finished chapter 3 but I am definitely down to do this, sounds like great fun, but I have not read any of these posts yet as I am absolutely terrified of spoilers, will this game contain any spoilers or characters for any parts beyond Chapter 3 of Umineko or could I play it with all of my current knowledge?

Sorry if this has been said, just scared that something may be spoilt accidentally.

I can tell you that this game won’t have any Umineko characters outside the 18 family members.

Perfect, then definitely sign me up. This sounds like fun

Alright suuuurrreeee sign me on up as well

(hope I don’t fuck up the game like I did last time)

Im also in
(I hope my limited English writing Skills won’t disturb anything)

Come on guys, we need more people!

1 Like

Oh man, I hope people still want to be a part of this, 'cause from my experience of playing Town of Salem, this sort of game is really fun, count me in if this is still a thing!

1 Like

Oh, this seems really cool. If it’s still happening, can I join?

Welcome, @PocketyHat and @thesorceress! You’re both added to the list.

Once we’re at (or close enough to) this round’s player limit I’ll notify everyone on the list to see if they’re still alive, then make necessary adjustments before opening the gameboard.

2 Likes

Since people may have disappeared over the very slow sign-ups, this is an activity check to see if all current players are still alive and interested.

@Karifean @Aspirety @cjlim2007 @Necem @pictoshark @RegNewmont @Pepe @SuperM @PocketyHat @thesorceress

The Game will open shortly after this check has been finished.

4 Likes

Yo, I am still alive and well.

1 Like

Here and ready to play!