Rokkenjima Mafia - Game II [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

7/10 reconfirmed! + @Wonderlander!

We’ll give it one more day.

-EDIT-
Checked on everyone and we’re fine!
We’ll start… 22 hours from this post! 12:30pm UTC, or just refer to the timestamp on this post!
Roles will be sent out to everyone at that time and shortly after I will declare the Gameboard open!

@Karifean @Aspirety @cjlim2007 @Necem @pictoshark @RegNewmont @Pepe @SuperM @PocketyHat @thesorceress @Wonderlander

Two more slots can still be filled within that time if you’re still interested and not on the list yet!

3 Likes

Get hype!

Sign me up as well =)

1 Like

Thank you kind sir? Lady? I am bad with figuring out online genders. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re in!

I am a magical and powerful existence within space-time that can not be confined with such human concepts like genders but Sir works fine yes.

A storm started rolling over the island of Rokkenjima, and the people inside the great Ushiromiya Mansion were preparing for the Emergency Family Conference. While incomplete, a decent portion of the family had come together for this event. The topics to be discussed, however, were still unknown to the Ushiromiyas and their Servants, and they were spending time catching up with each other’s lives in the family lounge.

The peaceful chatter was interrupted when one of the Servants entered the room and announced the arrival of a mysterious letter that would disrupt the planned events of that night. One of the younger family members took it upon themselves to be the one to read the letter to the group, and announced the situation they found themselves in.

In a world above theirs, twelve mysterious figures had slowly taken their seats in a dusty marble hall that had been left long unused. The thirteenth seat, a throne taller than the others that was covered in draped red cloth, awaited the master of the realm. Some of the seated were silent, awaiting a chance at redemption or another victory. Others, loud and eager, ready to enter this world and game. Two in particular kept to themselves, one planning their moves while the other looked on in worry, yet resignation to the role they’d have to play.

A loud noise signaled the opening of a door, and as the twelve stood from their seats in respect and silence, an older gentleman in flowing crimson robes entered the hall and made his way to the final seat. With a nod, he sat in the crimson throne, and the others returned to their seats.

“Welcome, Players, to my Rokkenjima Gameboard. You’ll be playing for an honoured victory against a Sorceror of my caliber. A great chance for some of you budding wannabe Voyagers.”

“I assume you all know what you’re getting into, but I’ll explain the basics for our newcomers. This will be a game of two teams, played with the Piece you’ve been assigned. The Humans, the majority of you, must find and defeat the Witches, a minority. None of the Humans will know who is who, but the Witch players know all. If you want to defeat me, Humans, find and kill every Witch piece on the Gameboard to the best of your ability with the piece you’ve been assigned.”

The seated Players looked down on the board in the center of the room, watching the pieces move about in the panic induced by the letter’s contents, discovering the many doors and windows sealed shut.

“Let’s see how you fare, Players. Let our Game begin.”

You have 48 Hours to decide on your votes, with the phase ending at 11:30AM UTC, on Wednesday the 5th of November.

With 12 Players remaining, the majority lynch is at 7. If majority is achieved, the vote will be frozen and the player nominated will be killed as soon as the Game Master is available. If majority is not achieved during the Phase, the player with the most votes at the end of the time limit will be killed.

Enjoy your day.

@Karifean @Aspirety @cjlim2007 @Necem @pictoshark @RegNewmont @Pepe @SuperM @PocketyHat @thesorceress @Wonderlander @EternalMagician

And just in case, a last quick tl;dr of the rules.

1. Don’t talk about the game (in the context of playing it) outside the thread. All strategy and planning must be here. (Unless you’re the Witch Side, you can also use your private discussion)
  2. Don’t edit posts.
  3. Don’t quote anything except your role from your PM
  4. Don’t reveal any information about the game after you die.
  5. Don’t break any normal forum rules.

Alrighty, I assume most of the discussion will occur in this higher plane, yes? No need to roleplay as our filthy meatdoll chess pieces down there, correct?

Are all of us privy to the last gameboard our most excellent host held? Many lessons can be learnt from the blunders in that board. For example, it seems that it is quite a good move for the human side to lynch rapidly, in the first round, as people’s reactions to this can give us vital clues.

Ah yes, just to get that out of the way, it appears my meat doll bears the identity of

Gamemaster? Is there any guarantee to my identity when I quote like that? I assume not, right?

WELL! I guess everyone has to take my word for it then.

Anyway, back to what I was saying, using a random means to decide who to lynch is quite the preferable idea.

Hmmmmm.

rolls dice onto table

flips coin

Ah, it seems I got a 1 and a Heads!

That’s 1 on the dice, +6 for the head… Player Number 7…

Vote: Pepe

I recommend we all use similar methods to determine who to vote for, heads adds 6. It’s a simple method that gives equal weight to everyone.

One more thing. How will the gamemaster guarantee our lack of ability to speak if our meatdoll is eliminated? Will our mouths be bound? Will we be ripped apart up here if we perish down there? Huhuhuhuhuhu. I can’t wait to see!

Ah yes! Just for completeness, it seems the Witch side will be aiming for those with past experience in similar games. Just by the way I am dispensing advice I am likely to become a target. So even if you did read the previous game, it may be advantageous to say you did not. Keep that in mind. Huhuhuhuhu.

1 Like

And so I find myself in this situation once more. deep sigh

Either way, I am not content with voting at random. Even if you do not have any idea who might be a culprit and who wouldn’t be, simply the act of choosing a suspect is information gathered for the human side. As such…

Vote: cjlim2007

I may or may not be biased because the person in question was indirectly responsible for my death last game >.>

2 Likes

Wow show some respect man. Our meatdoll chess pieces are people too! They have lives, families, etc etc.

Of course not, anyone can fake their roles, of course :wink:

Now then, it seems I have been voted. And while you claim it is part of your “probability” mechanism, I do not trust that one bit. As such, an eye for an eye, my vote goes to…
Vote: pictoshark

But to us they might as well be toys, we have no proof of their existence apart from what we see them do. They could all be actors in a film, automatons in a programmed performances or simply puppets for us to tug about and you would be none the wiser.

Do you extend such feelings towards a mosquito as it drains your blood? To a lion as it tears your throat out? If we perish when our piece perishes, then to put it simply

they put us in danger

I see no reason to respect that goody two shoes down there. He has no clue of anything about how the world works. Surely if he was as smart as others say he is, then he would have figured it all out. He would know that his plane of reality is not the only one. I’m sure there must be signs down there.

I don’t trust his relationship with the servant girl either. It’s like a rock star going out with one of his fans. There’s an odd power dynamic going there, a REAL man would know that it’s just not right!

But enough about my piece. Let’s talk about your vote, @Pepe . I suppose that is a valid way of casting votes. It reveals a suspiciously low amount of information though. Even if my vote was random, someone could still suppose that it’s not, and then derive information from that. Your vote is reactionary, and therefore disadvantageous to us Humans. It gives us nothing to go on.

I will not ask you to shift your vote. However I have a proposal my fellow players. Let us refer to this type of vote as a counter vote. We should keep an eye on anyone that counter votes. They may have something to hide.

And then for equivalent exchange (which as we know is the basis of all magic) Anyone who counter voted in the last daylight phase should be the first to vote in the next phase.

Basically what I am proposing is next daylight phase us non-counter voters should hold off on our votes until all of the counter voters have voted.

The witch side may be trying to rely on counter votes to lock us out of information in the first couple of rounds. This strategy would prevent them from doing such a thing, as you cannot counter vote (or at least it is much harder to) if you are the first to vote.

Can we all agree on this strategy?

1 Like

My my, this is an interesting start to this game ohoho~
Although I might not cast a vote just yet, mostly because I don’t have my RNG tools with me and I gotta focus on some other stuff as well, let me give a comment to @pictoshark’s strategy.

While I do agree with this, we have to keep in mind that this isn’t a rule stated by our wondrous gamemaster, so for any instances, some people might specifically choose to ignore such strategy for whatever reason, maybe whenever we manage to pin point who the witches are. It all depends if we all trust each other to agree on this~

Also, let us not forget to mention that this is the Ushiromya family, a family that can be easily be consumed by greed for money and power, so there’s even less reasons to care about our pieces.

cacklecackle*

I would recommend anyone to analyze my strategy. I will retract it if someone can prove it is disadvantageous of the Human Side, but I feel there is no way that it is.

Anyone who doesn’t go along with this plan is either not thinking about their moves, or a witch. And either could spell the end for us.

I propose a new Human side tactic: We should lynch anyone seen repeatedly getting in the way of the counter first strategy.

Also i have another question for our humble host @Rabla.

Are we allowed to make claims for our abilities?

I know we’re not allowed to quote our ability, but are we allowed to claim what it is? I ask because I will certainly die tonight, I’m far too obvious a target so being forthcoming with information wouldn’t be a bad move in my mind. Perhaps If I earn enough trust someone could protect me from the cruel knife coming for me from the shadows?

I’m not afraid of death, but I’d really rather not die, I still have a lot to do in this world after my team wins this game.

Yes, as long as you don’t quote the PM you can meld a supposed Piece any shape you like.

Interesting start @PocketyHat, interesting indeed.

As for your rules @pictoshark, while they do make sense, you are in the mindset that anybody who does not follow your rules must have the benefits of the witch side in mind, without taking into account of your suspiciousness, which, at the first glance is high. I did read the last round, I won’t go around and say I didn’t, and I presume anybody who wants to heighten their chances of survival even a little bit did read last round’s game. And the witches last round were in the background, which is a nice tactic, but you could have decided to change it up and take the initiative. You know that everything the humans learn, the witches also learn. I am just saying that your chances of being human are high, but you could very well be a witch who leads around the humans and kills them off one by one.

Like @PocketyHat said, it is about trust, and I feel that you have to earn a bit of trust before imposing such rules on us, that causes more distrust than trust. I will abide by the rules because they make sense, but… I am scared.

Anyways, for now, before I place a vote, I want to hear what the others have to say.

And P.S. I like my meatdoll tyvm.
P.P.S How do I quote people? I can’t find the button -.-

1 Like

If you highlight text in a person’s post a Quote Reply option will appear above it, which will add it as a quote to your post.

1 Like

Omg thank you! feels enlightened

Yes, I am in agreeance with Wonderlander here. Your insistence on these rules is a bit concerning, since you seem eager to out anybody who doubts you as one of the witch side. But, at least right now I see no reason to ignore that logic.

Still not sure who is in my best interests to vote on, though.

1 Like

Good! This is the right attitude to have! Think about the rules yourself! Do not be brought in by others words alone. We have time. In fact, to avoid a majority being reached, to give us time to think about what we shall do,

Change Vote: No Vote

I will switch back to Pepe later on, or when we have finished planning in the open. But the faster we reach a majority the less time we have to plan (which is bad).

Now… I am likely to die tonight, as I am a Human and I seem to be sticking out. The nail that sticks out will be hammered down after all.

However, there are four situations in which I will not die.

1. The witch side attempt to kill me, but i am protected

2. The witch side would have attempted to kill me, but they fear the protect action so much, that they opt to hit someone else, fearing they will waste their kill for the night.

3. The witch side deduce that it would be better to kill someone else, rather than strike me, feeling that if I am not killed, then my credibility will drop to such a point that i will no longer be a problem to them

4. I am secretly a Witch. Huhuhuhuhu.

It is important to consider all of these scenarios, along with the one where I am killed, and wonder if holding an open debate on how to use my ability is a wise move.

If I do so, it may increase my target value. After all some people in this game do not have abilities. If I reveal my ability, then the consequences could prove dire.

Still I’m leaning towards revealing it.

Another tactic on the board then: We should discuss whether I should reveal my ability. If we decide to, then we should further discuss how I should use it. Obviously, I should then use it in the manner agreed upon.

Also we do not know if there is a protector in this game, and my strategy kind of assumes there is. If there is one, it would be disastrous for them to reveal their identity openly. I repeat, the protector should absolutely not reveal their identity openly.

Finally one last tactic: We should declare who we will vote for, but not vote yet. We need to consider the matter of my ability first. Then we can lock in our votes.

Just kidding! One more: Remain diligent! There are probably around two or three enemies among our ranks (judging by their numbers in last game).

Huhuhuhuhu…

Has that shaken up your precious little game, @Rabla?

Our side WILL BE VICTORIOUS! The Crimson Sorcerer’s gameboard shall be broken to pieces! We will play by our own rules!

You’re several thousand years too early to challenge me, sir @Pictoshark. And I feel like you may have too much faith in your companions here.

However, your moves are intriguing. A wonderful addition to my Players.

Let’s hope you can stick around to see it through, hahahahaha!

1 Like

Was that a slip of the tongue there, old geezer? Couldn’t the way you’re taunting me be taken as confirmation that I am indeed, Human Aligned?

I think you’re getting a bit senile to be honest with you. To make such a rookie mistake… Perhaps you should leave all the excitement to us younger gents and lasses? This can’t be good for your heart, huhuhuhuhu.