Rokkenjima Mafia - Game II [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

sigh I’d hoped it turned out unnecessary to do this but I’m left with no choice.

I am the Protector of this game.

During the previous daytime phase I intentionally emphasized PictoShark’s danger level to the witches as a Switcher and tried to get him to switch EternalMagician with someone he deemed suspicious, as that would leave the witches with no choice but to target PictoShark himself if they were to try to pick off one of the more crucial human-side players. They did exactly as I thought and I attempted to protect PictoShark, but alas, I was roleblocked. A shame too, I thought I did a decent enough job staying on the down low and not letting slip who I really was. Since the first nighttime writeup mentioned nothing about me being visited by any nighttime visitors I can only assume I was found out by chance, or perhaps I wasn’t as sneaky in hiding my identity as I thought.

Now why didn’t I immediately reveal myself this daytime phase either? Well there’s a reason for that. Naturally I initially thought to identify myself straight away. If the witches knew who I was there was no point in keeping it a secret. But then I had a thought; there was no roleblocking in the first night. What if the Roleblocker of this game is actually human aligned? If that were the case I would just be uselessly admitting my identity even though the witches still had no clue. I tried to make my ambivalent situation as clear as possible to the potential human-aligned Roleblocker by stating how “obviously” the Protector had to reveal themselves now and possibly getting them to realize my predicament and revealing themselves in my stead. Alas, we are nearing the last eighth of the daytime phase and nobody has come forward, leaving me with little choice but to assume my hypothesis was wrong and the witches do know about my identity after all, which in turn means I have no reason to keep quiet about it anymore.

So there you have it. Now on to the vote.

Sorry @PocketyHat, but I tried reconstructing the scene from the perspective that EternalMagician is a fake detective, and it was a far less convincing scenario than him being truthful. It’s a fact that he has some sort of investigative role since I’m almost certain PictoShark switched him with Pepe this round, allowing us to identify his piece in the daybreak writeups easily. And while the witch-side literally knows all the information the detective has to find out on their own straight off the bat and is thus easily capable of faking detective investigations, the pieces just do not fit together. While I was and still am more than willing to give the EternalMagician-is-a-traitor theory a fair shot since it’s a matter of winning or losing at this point, there’s been nothing convincing about it so far.

While you on the other hand are still being vague. And you made a rather fatal slip-up in your previous post. You claim @Pepe is a Framer. But it seems both you and the man himself have forgotten something rather crucial: There is a list of all roles that can appear in this game in the first post of this topic. Therefore I can state with confidence that no Framer role or any role with a conceivably similar ability exists in this game!

I won’t officially vote just yet because I don’t want to accidently trigger the majority vote and there’s no reason to prevent people from providing counterarguments or other observations I might have missed myself. But as it stands right now, my mind is set on who to vote for this round.

Though at the same time I’m almost tempted to vote for someone else, meaning @Necem or @SuperM since PocketyHat is certainly not the murderer role (it doesn’t fit with the daybreak writeups) and still assuming no identity spoofing has taken place nobody else fits the descriptions of the elusive older man (murderer) and woman (roleblocker) we still don’t have a lead on.

1 Like

Shocking truth! Also I am an idiot!

With six and a half hours to go, the votes stand at:

PocketyHat - 4 (thesorceress, EternalMagician, Wonderlander, Pepe)

Please note the Majority Vote Rule will apply at 6.

…We’re still missing a lot of information. @Necem and @SuperM: who are you?

Well I’ll be heading off to bed now, so I’ll lock in my choice.

Vote: PocketyHat

The morning bustled with activity as the members discussed what they had learnt over the course of the night. One older man pointed at a woman, and his fellows agreed that her behavior had been suspicious. The woman tried to defend herself, but a lack of faith caused no-one’s opinion to sway.

Cackling, defeated, she turned her weapon on herself and bid those tied to this mortal realm farewell.

PocketyHat is dead, they played the role of Rosa Ushiromiya, Witch Aligned Solemn Mother

You have 24 hours to take your Night Action, assuming you were given one. This phase ends at 3:30AM UTC on Saturday the 12th of November. The sooner, the better.

Rest well.

@Karifean @Aspirety @Necem @Pepe @SuperM @PocketyHat @thesorceress @Wonderlander @EternalMagician

Well I just caught up on all the discussion, since my schedule is finally freed up. Sorry for all the trouble I caused, everyone. Looks like I dodged a bullet earlier on. I’ll have to thank @Wonderlander for saving me there :stuck_out_tongue:

It may have been clumsy for me to reveal my vanilla ability so early. Consider it an amateur mistake, honest. I’m still learning the ropes of Mafia. I realise now that revealing myself as vanilla is quite suspicious as it can be seen as an action to intentionally divert attention away from me. But well, you’ll have to take my word on it for the moment.

Shame we lost pictoshark, but good work guys for isolating Pockety. I feel a little bad for her, seems she would’ve been more more happy on the human side in this game. But nonetheless, the clock continues ticking, and very soon we’ll have another death on our hands. Any guesses who it might be? We have a detective and protector identified, so chances are one of them will be targeted. Jog my memory, do we have any idea who the roleblocker is yet?

Well looking at the list of players that are still alive…

I am Nanjo, referred to in the writeups as the ‘man in white’. Aspirety is Battler, referred to in the writeups as a ‘young man’. Pepe is Genji, referred to in the writeups as the ‘(old) servant’. thesorceress claims to be Alice, who never appeared in any of the writeups. Wonderlander is Jessica, referred to in the writeups as a ‘young girl’. EternalMagician is Hideyoshi, referred to in a writeups as an ‘older man’, but the first writeup implies the murderer is someone else.

That leaves the ‘older man’ murderer and ‘old lady’ roleblocker unaccounted for, and the only ones whose identity we do not know are @Necem and @SuperM. While it’s possible to fake your identity, it’s much harder to fake “who” you are (since you run the risk of someone else with that identity actually existing) than “what” you are (meaning ability), so even if there was ability faking I doubt there’s any identity faking at play. Testimony of PictoShark at least confirms Wonderlander and Pepe’s identities as the girl and old servant (and I’m almost 100% sure it confirms EternalMagician as the ‘investigative’ older man), and Pepe confirms Aspirety’s identity as the young man. Check and mate? If I had to guess why there was no roleblocking in the first round, it’s quite possible the reason is that… SuperM simply didn’t take a night action? They did warn us that they would not be around much.

Either way since PocketyHat was most certainly neither Murderer nor Roleblocker, meaning they’re both still around, I doubt myself and EternalMagician will be able to do much this night. But, well, I will repeat my assertion as clearly as possible: Necem and SuperM are the remaining culprits; most likely, Necem is the murderer and SuperM is the roleblocker.

Hold on, are we certain that pockety wasn’t the roleblocker?

Yes. The lady one investigated by the detective and the old lady who made me pass out on the floor are pretty clearly two different people.

Okay, so there’s a distinction between ‘lady’ and ‘old lady’, I see now. Given the rules of the gameboard, Kumasawa would be the obvious suspect.

Although given the description of Hideyoshi as an older man it could just as well be Kyrie, Natushi or Eva =P But I agree, Kumasawa is the obvious suspect. Not that it changes anything.

Right. I don’t see any reason to disagree with your logic. Of course, I don’t mind giving them a chance to defend themselves, but I’m inclined to lynch one of them tonight.

Assuming I don’t die~ Almost forgot we’re still in the twilight.
My death would be a very bad move for them, however.

Yeah most likely it’ll be me or Karifean that will be killed this twilight with the other one role blocked. But while it’s a small chance that we have been completely fooled by someone it certainly feels like we have cornered all the witches now. It’ll also be interesting to see if the remaining humans are just plain vanilla or if any of them have an ability that we aren’t aware of just yet.

Well just in case for some reason the witches don’t feel like roleblocking me or you and killing the other, I’ll still be protecting you this night I s’pose. Probably.

Ha ha thank you :joyful:

After an incredible doze, the Crimson Sorcerer shook awake, kicking the table the gameboard sat upon as he jolted up. He hurried to move the pieces into position, bowing and apologizing for his shameful display.

The man in white followed an older man as he made his way around the house, who questioned another man about a few things, hoping for some great business advice he could take back to his own company. Once he had his info, he headed off, the man in white still behind him. Eventually, they split up, the good doctor sure his mark was safe.

Meanwhile, the man approached earlier was heading down the hall the pair traveled, planning to catch up to one of them. He was unknowingly followed by an old servant, suspicious of his faith to the Ushiromiya name. When he saw him catch up to the man in white, he left the pair and headed his own way.

The doctor questioned the man, curious if he had something to speak of he had not mentioned earlier, but the man quickly clutched him around the throat and slammed him into the wall, holding him off the ground. As blood trickled down from the various wounds, across both the now cracked wall and his clothes, the doctor took his last breaths as the white robe turned red.

Karifean is dead, he played the role of Terumasa Nanjo, Human Aligned Family Doctor

You have 48 Hours to decide on your votes, with the phase ending at 11:00AM UTC, on Monday the 14th of November.

With 7 Players remaining, the majority lynch is at 4. If majority is achieved, the vote will be frozen and the player nominated will be killed as soon as the Game Master is available. If majority is not achieved during the Phase, the player with the most votes at the end of the time limit will be killed.

Enjoy your day.

@Karifean @Aspirety @cjlim2007 @Necem @pictoshark @Pepe @SuperM @thesorceress @Wonderlander @EternalMagician

The obvious suspect was killed off. The culprit was the older man murderer, which here has been proven to be a different person from EternalMagician, as he investigated said murderer. @EternalMagician, who did you target, and what was their alignment? I’m pretty convinced that the enemy has been successfully cornered.

I believe so as well. I investigated @Necem and confirmed them to be a witch.
But as neither me or @Karifean was roleblocked did that mean that @PocketyHat was the roleblocker or was that ability for some reason not used this twilight? And furthermore what about the old servant, is that a Human with an ability that we don’t know yet (the description sounded like a Tracker) or was that another witch that has another ability we aren’t aware of right now?