Rokkenjima Mafia - Game IV [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

I second this proposal.

-still killing him-

1 Like

Sorry, Rhythmia was rather late in letting me know the preparation had started for this match, kept screaming about some sort of russian roulette game or something.

But yes, I will participate in this board.

2 Likes

ill probably participate

Iā€™m interested to see a Mafia game hosted by someone else. Count me in.

Hello everyone, @Karifean here, writing from my Mafia-specific account. Why am I writing from this account, well because it showcases how this gameā€™s most special differentiating rule is going to work.

Introducing Special Rule: Anonymity

For this game you will all be given control of a game piece, however, the other players will not be informed of who is playing what piece. Basically everyone has accounts like this one, but with different identities. The intention behind this is for one to make it easier to roleplay as characters if you so desire, and two, to separate the player from the person which will hopefully alleviate certain concerns.

The sacred rule here is that player and piece are to be considered separate for the duration of the game. Based on that, Iā€™ll illustrate some ground rules for this feature.

• Revealing your identity to any living player is absolutely forbidden.
  • It is considered an illegal move to speculate about other peopleā€™s players in this topic or base an accusation on it. Feel free to speculate on your own all you want, but if youā€™re gonna accuse someone, you must not make their true identity into a blue bullet. Your argument must be built on different grounds.
  • Likewise, hinting at your own identity to gain trust - or for any other purpose, really - is not allowed. If you want to convince people, youā€™ll have to build up that trust from scratch.
  • An exception to the above rules is in private communication channels. I donā€™t want to force witches to communicate via piece accounts instead of Discord, so they are free to exchange identities and even speculation about identities with one another. They simply are not allowed to bring it into this thread.
  • Donā€™t post with your Mafia accounts outside of this topic.
  • Donā€™t post in this topic with your real accounts (after the game has begun).
  • Your identity will be publicly revealed upon death and when the game ends. Spoilers, there is no way for a dead player to be revived in this game, so as soon as you are eliminated you are considered part of the audience, with all benefits and downsides that comes with.

I reserve the right to Modkill if I feel the sacred rule is being violated even if none of these explicit bullet points apply. You donā€™t have to kill your own self, obviously, and you are free to make posts in the same style you always do so long as you donā€™t do it with the intention of compromising your secret identity.

##How will this work?

For now I will have to ask all of you to go to your user panels and turn on ā€œanonymous modeā€. This will create your anonymous account. This account will be automatically removed after 7 days of inactivity. Probably unsurprisingly, if this happens during the game, you are instantly modkilled for inactivity.

Once youā€™ve activated anonymous mode, do not post or in any way call attention to the existence of your anonymous account quite just yet - just send me a PM with your real username, or a PM on Discord with a link to your anonymous user profile, and I will set up your account for future use. Do not use this account until the game begins.

This is where you can activate anonymous mode:

3 Likes

Just to make this clear upfront.

Pieces were completely randomly assigned in this game, and they have no predetermined link to players, alignments or abilities.

inb4 first day wrong account post

1 Like

Feel free to test your newfound accounts here. In fact, it would be nice if you would, just to see if everythingā€™s working fine~

If we must, though I must say Iā€™ve outgrown these ā€œgamesā€ you people adore. I hope you make this worth my time.

1 Like

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3.

Hi, everyone~!

What are all these uproarious brats doing here? Theyā€™re less cultured than Battler! I hope weā€™re not planning to let them onto the island! I wonā€™t allow it!

While Iā€™m just sure weā€™ll all get along famously soon enough, I guess introductions are in order- Iā€™m Higanbana.

Although Iā€™d be more surprised if you havenā€™t heard of me. I am something of a local legend, after all~
Tee, hee.

Now now Kinzo, they are guests I invited. I trust that they be given the same hospitality as myself. You wouldnā€™t disappoint me, would you? *cacklecackle*

By the way, since it was just brought up to me, it is still possible to sign up for this game. If anyoneā€™s seeing this and being all like, oh man, what am I missing out on I want to join this, just drop me a message, preferably with a link to your anon account profile, and Iā€™ll get you onboard. The way things are looking now, Iā€™ll be assigning Alignments and Abilities tomorrow or the day after.

This game just got ten times better. Everything is better with Kinzos.

Hoy! All of you! I donā€™t want to ruin the spirit of this game, but I ALSO want to post with my yellow tactics all over the place!

Therefore, this is a reminder that anyone can use my stupid ass color ideas, not just me!

Also remember to not use yellow text as itā€™s basically impossible to read against this new background.

It might be wise to use orange tactics instead. Itā€™s a little unpleasant on the eyes, but it seems like everything (aside from purple) is all taken as far as the primary and secondary colors go.

1 Like

Fuck man, I really gotta get around to reading Rose Gun Days and Higanbana one day. I pretty much know nothing about this piece Iā€™m role-playing beside her name and the series she comes from.

1 Like

If you can, download RGD and read like an hour of it, itā€™ll give you a really good indication of how Rose is.

1 Like