Rokkenjima Mafia - Game V [CANCELLED]

The Sorcerer of Chaos steps up to the mantle of the Crimson’s gameboard in an attempt to show his rights to his title! This time it will be me delving into the Crimson Sorcerer’s domain to show you what a true game of Mafia looks like.

Rules

The rules are simple, and will be listed here for your convenience.

1. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with people you aren’t allowed to talk to it about. This applies to our dearest Crimson too, as despite his lack of participation I still want to surprise him with this board’s various twists and turns (It’s half the reason I’m running it). You can obviously still talk with any other non-players about the game at your leisure.

2. Do not edit or delete your posts. Just like in real life, once you’ve said something, you’ve said it – no take-backs. If you need to say something else or clarify a certain point, you are allowed to double post.

3. Do not quote any large passages of text from the Game Master’s Private Messages to you in-thread without their permission, his crappy prose might help sort out the reals from the fakes. An exception to this rule is the line that begins with “Your piece’s Identity is…”. Feel free to quote or fake quote that as many times as you want! Talk about what was in your PMs, rather than just copy pasting them verbatim.

4. Do not disclose ANY information about the game (your power, the results of your night actions, the identity of your teammates, etc.) after your death has been confirmed in a write-up. You can wait until after the game before you do that.

5. Do NOT use any mod powers to view people’s PMs. Just don’t. In fact, just don’t take advantage of being a mod, okay?

Infringing upon the rules is likely to result in getting you modkilled, or in other words, eliminated from the game instantly. If you are found to be trying to get modkilled for strategic purposes, your entire team loses instead.

I will be strict about this, even if it ruins the game entirely.

Basic Setup

There are two basic types of players in this game.

[B][COLOR=blue]Human Aligned[/COLOR] players want to eliminate all players on the witch team.[/B]

[B][COLOR=red]Witch Aligned[/COLOR] players want to eliminate all players on the human team. They win as soon they do so or if the remainder of human aligned players surrender. They also have a private chat for communication among their team, and conduct a secret vote in this chat to kill one person each Exploration Phase.[/B]

The game progresses in two phases that alternate continuously: [B]Discussion[/B] and [B]Exploration[/B] Phases.

The Discussion Phase lasts 48 hours. During the Discussion Phase, players are free to cast votes. Votes are done publicly in the game topic. Voting for “No Death” is an option. The “majority lockdown” is where a particular option gets more than 50% of all remaining players’ votes. In this circumstance the vote is locked down and the phase ends early. [B]You are free to still talk, but votes done after the chronological moment of the lockdown will be ignored[/B]. If the 48 hours run out, the player with the most votes is executed / no one is executed if No Death has the most votes.

The [B]Exploration Phase[/B] lasts 24 hours. During this time players may use various abilities that are activated during the Exploration Phase (which they may or may not have). During this time [B]you can still talk in the Game Thread[/B]. The Exploration Phase may end early depending on if everyone submits their actions super fast or not. After that, the next Discussion Phase begins.

Roles

Every player receives their piece’s identity (which contains what team you are aligned to), and an ability - these two elements make up your role in this game. Both of these will be sent to you in a PM, and you are free to lie about them in thread if you want to.

Additional Notes

Unlike most Mafia games, your piece’s identity is quite closely tied to your ability. For people well versed in the setting that this board takes place in telling them your piece’s identity is very similar to simply telling them your ability, so please keep that in mind, you might want to hold your cards closer to your chest this time around!

I must also regretfully reveal that due to outside circumstances it seems likely that @Rabla will be unable to attend this gameboard, and will likely only be able to watch. Be sure to put on a good show for him!

Signups

Signups are open from now on. If you are interested in participating in this little game of mine, please express your interest in this topic, or to me personally in a private message.

I’m aiming for 13 players. If I fail to meet that amount then I know at least 2 people here who hardly post that I can probably rope into this. The game’s script and PMs are mostly already prepared, and we can start as soon as we have enough players!

These signups will probably take a while because the most recent game just ended but whatever, I can wait.

1 Like

Sign me up

Welcome to Rokkenjima. Not yours, but mine.

With the momentous victory over the legendary Crimson Sorcerer followed by a second and then a victory against a guest host, the Voyagers of the sea are brimming with confidence with their defeat at his apprentice’s hands barely slowing them down.

The ancient mage’s recently declining health also presented the issue of a lack of scenarios to beat their confidence into the ground with.

One day a curious envelope appeared in many a Voyager’s domains, an invite to a game hosted by an alternate host.

All I have left to ask you is if you will accept the invitation.

This games difficulty will be utterly chaotic and nigh impossible to predict, perhaps it will be the easiest, although it could be the hardest yet. Expect all possibilities, or be swallowed whole by the bizarre layout of this fragment.

Players:

01. Restkastel - Killed during the 2nd Exploration Phase, then Revived by Rabla in the 3rd Dicsussion phase. Later Killed during the 4th Exploration Phase - Piece: Mashiro Toba, [color=blue]Human Aligned Empathetic Cook[/color]

02. PocketyHat - Lynched during the 4th Discussion Phase - Piece: Yuuri Kotono, [color=blue]Human Aligned Unlucky Civilian[/color]

03. StarTurner - Modkilled for breaking Rule 1 in the 1st Discussion Phase - Piece: Bernkastel, Witch Aligned Bored Voyager

04. Karifean

05. Antra - Lynched during the 2nd Discussion Phase - Piece: Jun Moribe, [color=blue]Human Aligned Lovable Rookie[/color]

06. EternalMagician

07. Blackrune - Killed during the 1st Exploration Phase - Piece: Ena Tsubakiyama, [color=blue]Human Aligned Armed Teacher[/color]

08. thesorceress - Modkilled for breaking Rule 1 in the 1st Discussion Phase - Piece: Keiji Ukita, Human Aligned Knowledgeable Scientist

09. VyseGolbez - Lynched during the 3rd Discussion Phase - Piece: Lambdadelta, Witch Aligned Calculating "Airhead".

10. Wonderlander - Killed during the 3rd Exploration Phase - Piece: Kazami Tachibana, [color=blue]Human Aligned Veteran Rescue Worker[/color]

11. King_Titanite_XV

12. Doldod - Killed during the 5th Exploration Phase - Piece: Natsuhiko Tenkawa, [color=blue]Human Aligned Powerful Communicator[/color]

13. Blue

14. Rabla - Joined the game in the 3rd Discussion Phase, Lynched during the 5th Discussion Phase - Piece: Ange Ushiromiya, Human Ally Aligned Witch Hunter

1 Like

-faceplants into the ground-
It’s been a while! I’m probably rusty as to all hell, but I should get back into these so I’m in, hi, I exist.

2 Likes

I managed to be victorious in the last game… I need to ruin my 1 win streak, sign me up.

1 Like

Utter chaos?

Hell yes.

3 Likes

Unfortunately due to work-related (and getting-work-related) issues I’ll probably have to skip this one, I didn’t expect it so quickly after the previous. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out to watch how Pictoshark handles the role.

Chaos ensures.

1 Like

Goddammit, everybody wants to be the Game Master now. I’m still in the middle of savoring my victory over the last game and it’s only been a day! … Eh, whatever. I’m still stupidly brave enough to join no matter what’s going on in my life, so sign me up!

2 Likes

Well this is going to be chaotic… sign me up.

Ahahaha.

I’m in.

I’d like to sign up!

Let’s see if I can find ways to break this game without breaking rules I mean sign me up as well, gotta show that last time wasn’t just a lucky coincidence.

2 Likes

Can I join? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in, only because Picto has promised me a show.

I’d be happy to participate, but I need a little bit of further information on how Mafia works here.

It’s essentially what is written at the top and you can look at our earlier games for examples of how we play it:

But is there anything specific you’re wondering about?

1 Like

Oh, I wouldn’t worry! The first time I ever played Mafia was on this forum and it was really easy to pick up–the whole thing becomes pretty self-explanatory once it starts up.

2 Likes

My discord right now:

2 Likes

Put me down on the list.

I’ll do what I can to participate.