Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VII [Game Over - Human Victory]

I thought it was reffering to Lightning :kissing_closed_eyes:

I guess I’m just going to leave this here because it’s too confusing for me to go back to check who’s what.

FlareNetWorkC - FF1 - M
Blackrune - FF2 - M
BunnyAdvocate - FF3 - M
pictoshark - FF4 - M
thesorceress - FF5 - M
UsagiTenpura - FF6 - F
SleepingPliskin - FF7 - M
ZepFur - FF8 - M
EternalMagician - FF9 - M
(also a note, he’s known to use twin daggers, not a sword)
King_Titanite_XV - FF10 - M
Wonderlander - FF11 - F
Akafa123 - FF12 - M
VyseGolbez - FF13 - F
Karifean - FF14 - M

Lol.
I’ll just pretend it’s the ultimate trap.
Thanks tho.

did you just edit your post?

ah wait, it might have been Rokkenjima auto-editing Rabla’s post. Nevermind.

It was. Let this be a living example of Modkill Rule 2.

Hmmmm…

I guess, trying to narrow things down a little, depending on how reliable the narration is there…

SleepingPliskin - FF7 - M
Wonderlander - FF11 - F
Karifean - FF14 - F

Dead

UsagiTenpura - FF6 - F
VyseGolbez - FF13 - F

Not a girl. Then again there are abilities that could bypass this…

pictoshark - FF4 - M

Extremely unlikely that he’d be the same killer if anything else.

thesorceress - FF5 - M

First to reveal their identity in green and the thing around it with Kari’s mindplay thing.

FlareNetWorkC - FF1 - M
Blackrune - FF2 - M
BunnyAdvocate - FF3 - M
ZepFur - FF8 - M
EternalMagician - FF9 - M
King_Titanite_XV - FF10 - M
Akafa123 - FF12 - M

Leftover killer candidates…

Tho the narration makes it sound like the killer was a swift person to me with how they were suddenly “already gone”, but I’m not sure if we can take this into consideration…

Some people may want to add something there, but I think the characters known to be swift to at least some degree in there would primarily come to mind Zidane and Lightning, and perhaps to a lesser degree Tidus. (EM, Vyse, lesser degree King).

Beside that the chief question here is we have a bunch of people who voted for kari or wonderlander, but we also have a bunch of people who stayed back. No vote really gathered as much traction as “No death” tho, so it makes me wonder if the witches (or at least the killer) just stood back idly while humans were killing each other like I essentially did last game. Gut feeling says that witches may have tried to sound “reasonable humans” by going “No death” tho, especially if they didn’t want to take the blame/attract suspicion for a second human death during the first day after Kari’s modkill.

Guess that’s the thoughts I can share for now.

I like Cecil’s eyebrows :star_struck:

Before I read up on all FF protags, I’ll just take the info by Usagi and Vyse.
Might be worth combining.
I’ll count being a young man as a point in favor cause one or two young men clearly weren’t doing any killing.
Same for armor since at least one was following the old lady instead.

Maybe not killer:
Usagi (female)
Vyse (female)

Maybe killer:
EM (young, but uses daggers)
Blackrune (armor)
sorceress (young)
Bunny (young, armor)
akafa (young)
King (young)
Flare (armor)
Zepfur

Totally killer:
picto (armor, but busy killing somebody else)

Just purely going from narration and those infos right now. Read-wise I still think it’s probably not thesorceress because first to claim in green etc.

I’m also going to add that the “cheerful young man” is most likely Tidus (at the very least I can’t think of a Final Fantasy protagonist more known to be cheerful), and considering the description saying he spent the night chatting with someone younger and nothing of note came to mind, we can probably remove king from the list of being potentially the killer.

I think best way to go about this is by posting images of each character (most of these are the Dissidia art):

Warrior of Light:

Firion:

Onion Knight:

Cecil:

Bartz:

Terra:

Cloud:

Squall:

Zidane:

Tidus:

Shantotto:

Vaan:

Lightning:

Y’shtola:

I uploaded these from my device, so this shouldn’t auto-edit, right?
Also, I guess Vaan also counts as armored, looking at the images.

2 Likes

Wait I don’t like Cecil’s eyebrows, I like Bartz’s eyebrows :star_struck:

I’m on break at work so I won’t be here long BUT.

Gender, at least, is helpful though we know that can be misleading (for example, I remember the game where the killer could influence the naration and made it look like the killer is female rather than male.) I do think the narration was exceedingly helpful by showing us there is a single killer on the witch side, not a group effort voting, which will help us in late game, in that eliminating the killer will possibly stop the nightkills.

“Aw, darnit! You ruined my fun, Vyse!”

Angery cat

“Ya know, it should be pretty clear why I hid my identity. Like, as plain as the nose on my face. It was funny, it was a hoot. The cat’s meow. And now you’ve gone and spoiled it all, what a shame and a half. I have a certain… reputation to uphold, ya know? And dancing around questions and answers and all sense of sensibilities it part of it. Ya know?”

The cat clicks its tongue, clearly annoyed.

"Though, really, this sort of game I’m playing comes with a certain… risk factor. Considering the killer is a handsome, sword wielding maniac like me and my piece, I kinda look bad right now. What with the hiding of my identity and all… I get it.

Oh, what? Wait. No-one was making that accusation yet? Seriously?

I mean… It’s the clear… Well, I guess I’m going for a preemptive argument here. Sheesh, though. If I wasn’t suspicious before, you should be jumping on that extra hard now.

Anyway, I’m still a kitten when it comes to these games. I don’t know how these write ups work, so I prooobably didn’t know that hiding my sword swinging bishie boy status would be a help. And, besides, I’m allegedly not a suicidal kitty here. Why would I go and say my piece-name out loud among my meddlesome meddling? Why’d I go to such lengths to throw out hints to my identity?"

The cat pauses and licks the back of its paw, before smirking.

"Oh, wait. I know. Lemme guess… Because I have some kinda weird limiter that forces me to leave hints to my true identity or whatever, right? Or maybe I was planning this excuse from the start as some kind of backwards-ass logic circle of nonsense to confuse you all, and my decision to spring this excuse on you unprompted is part of that, right?

…Goddamn, reputation be damned, I may actually be kind of suspicious… Wow. Shit."

Since I’m pretty sure this is the game that Rabla is hype about while creating this setup, I’ll just suggest googling the upcoming Dissidia NT.

It’s kinda interesting to note that 4 of our leftover characters are described as “assassins” on the official page but that kinda seems too easy. (EM, Zepfur, King and Vyse…)

Also this made me realize that in that game Zidane is not using his dual daggers but his… weird dual bladed thing.

Considering that he uses that weird dual bladed thing in his super special move in the first Dissidia, that doesn’t necessarily mean that he’ll always use it in the new one. This is only promotional material, right?

Even if that’s correct (and seeing more images it seems you’re right) I just think that we can’t rule out the singular used for “blade” to be potentially referring to Zidane there.

To be fair those are large enough to pass as one-handed swords.

“Especially if, consider this…” The cat raises a single paw in a very matter of fact manner. “They span it reeeeeeally super fast so the number of blades was hard to determine.”

Can cats nod sagely, I wonder?