Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette II - The All-Piercing Blue [GAME OVER - Witch Victory]

I’m fine to wait

I could play but it would probably be better to wait so I’m for starting after Easter as well

I’m ready anytime, but I wouldn’t mind waiting until next week.

Same.

Alright then, looks like we’ll delay the start of the game until next week, after all this Easter stuff has passed.

I would love to play, if you’ll have me!

I’m, er, a bit new here… Very new here in fact, but I think I comprehend the rules. It looks quite fun, and I have the time to participate.

5 Likes

Signup yeah same nice

1 Like

A couple of additional rulings to make things clearer ahead of time, partly to answer concerns raised in PMs.

• When a player dies, they have the option of either ‘leaving the game’ permanently at which point they could not be brought back to life even if someone claims an ability to do so. If they do so, that fact is publicly announced, so don’t worry about not knowing. Otherwise, they remain in the game. When a player is brought back to life in any way, their alignment changes to opposing the player who revived them, so use resurrections with care (if at all, heh).
  • “Magic of Belief” counts as using the ability that was claimed to do so. As a witch you can claim a “Track” ability and decide to kill someone instead, and if someone else use an ability that tells them the name of the ability you used, they would still just be told “Track”. Magic of Belief is literally magic in that sense.
  • Claimed abilities cannot have a fixed number of targets of half or more of the remaining players, unless they can have “any number of targets”. If there are 8 players remaining you cannot make an ability that targets exactly 5 players, but you can if there are 11 players remaining. Of course, keep in mind that all players directly affected by an ability must be set as that ability’s targets so you cannot get around this by saying something happens to ‘everyone besides the people I target’. You can still make abilities that have an effect on the game as a whole instead.
  • Every Innate Ability comes with the conditions for you losing it, so you won’t be blindsided by bullshit like that. As said above, if you still lose it, chances are someone else’s ability was responsible for that.
  • I personally intend on avoiding having to modkill people. If you make an ability that allows you to send them a message through me, and you formulate a message that leads them into messaging you even though the rules forbid that, I will add a disclaimer that messaging you is against the rules.
  • Please don’t make abilities like “When I use this ability, the ruleset reverts to that of Mafia Roulette I” or anything like that please. There’s nothing actually stopping you from doing so, but I will hate you forever for it, okaaay? =P
  • Actually on that note, it’s not allowed to interfere with the rules of alignments. You can’t make an ability that changes the rules so that Humans no longer need to kill Witches to win. That would just be silly.
  • Edit: The list of Locked Powers will be extended by variations on abilities that are claimed during day phases. The purpose of Locked Powers is to have claims be believable; if I find that the claims the players come up with differ from the ones I would come up with, the Locked Powers will therefore adapt to reflect the game more. This is one of the few things about the game that will change during runtime. It’s probably best you are aware of it ahead of time.
  • Editra: Any ability usage that would, without interference, eliminate a player is automatically and irrevocably classified as an “elimination move”.
  • Editga: The Witches’ Disable can be prevented by roleblocking the user in some form, but cannot be prevented by protecting the victim in some form.
  • Also, in the interest of balance, there will likely be a limitation as to how much Disable can be used instead of just eliminating players. The witch team will be informed of the details at the start of the game.
1 Like

Well if we’re clarifying stuff now, does the witches’ Cancel ability win out against roleblock?
Intuition tells me it would, seeing how whether a blue is considered true or not would normally be something that’s determined before abilities are actually applied.

Indeed. Cancelling a blue claim means cutting it down before it ever actually takes effect.

As of now, the plan is for the game to start at around 11 AM UTC on Tuesday, April 18th (in other words in about 36.5 hours from now). Role PMs will be sent out just before the game starts. After receiving your Role PM, do not start playing the game in this thread until I make a post officially announcing the start of the game.

I hope you all are still in~?

4 Likes

The voyager looks down on this fragment with an expression that betrays her excitement. She hadn’t felt like this in a long time. It was a truly insane gameboard, with half the ruleset missing and to be filled in later by the pieces themselves. Nobody but him could come up with such a crazy idea. But, an idea was just that: an idea. Whether or not it was a good one has yet to be seen.

The pieces were gathered in the Purgatorio Tea Room, in the place where colors wage war and where truth and fantasy coexist. This time they had been given the privilege of using a single fatal weapon, the weapon that when used properly can tear any witch’s body to shreds. But the witches would not simply stand by and watch it happen. In the end, how they would use it was up to them.

So, are you all ready? It’s time to finally raise the curtains on this tragic tale. I hope it will be to your liking.

Game Start!

You have 48 hours to make your Blue Truths. If everyone has already made theirs or otherwise makes it clear that they would be okay with the game moving on even though they still have a Claim or Press/Refute available, the phase may end early.

Keep in mind that during Nighttime this topic is locked, so after nightfall no discussion can take place until next daybreak.

1 Like

Oookay, so… let’s strategize before we make any hasty moves, I guess.

Of course at first glance just making tons of super strong blues may seem like a good idea until you realize that the witches can just slip their own blues through and then one cancels everything and the others get free kills, so… let’s not do that.

From where I’m standing, the only players that already have a strong motivation to make a blue claim are players with locked abilities and the witch-side players. Of course, pointing this out might cause witches to not claim at all, however, they have to claim at some point, as otherwise the game wouldn’t move forward, except if a witch has an innate elimination move.
At the same time, humans have to claim an elimination move as well, as there is no lynch in this game. Right now I’m hoping that said elimination is either an innate or a locked ability someone possesses and can therefore claim in blue and keep having it if it is refuted.

Nihi! That would be wroooooong!

Refutations are public! Someone who refutes an ability that clearly benefits the human side is obviously a witch, so if we have one of those out per day then it forces the witch’s hand into using the Magic of Belief to stop it.

Therefore, It would be wise for us to brainstorm an incredibly useful Human side power, so one (or multiple) of us can claim it.

Let me turn the chessboard around. A witch could very well claim an ability that clearly benefits the human side to get their hands on that sweet sweet Magic of Belief. Said witch could do that even easier when multiple of us claim such an ability and brainstorm about it first.

And if we let multiple instances of those super useful abilities through, then there’s a good chance that two or more witches have Magic of Belief in their hands, and then we get to the scenario Blackrune described.

Kyahaha! I like allies with good wit about them!

But the situation you described is actually beneficial to us!

The list of suspects for the Magic of Belief users will be limited to those who claimed an ability.

If we limit that number to a mere handful…

You see where I’m going with this, right?

So what number do you propose for letting through? I’ll argue from there.

No clue! I’m not doing all the work!

Hoy! @MAFIA_Bernkastel! I’m gonna test the waters a little bit!

Is this a valid ability?

Target any number of players, the gamemaster then posts in thread which ones used the Magic of Belief that night.

It’s a corner case, but I would consider it an ability that combines “Informational” and “Acting”, and therefore not valid. The acting part is making the Game Master do something, the information part is getting feedback on who used Magic of Belief.

1 Like