Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette II - The All-Piercing Blue [GAME OVER - Witch Victory]

Too bad you cut that off! Otherwise the game would basically be over~

After all, that would remove the possibility of lying from all informational abilities.

This does seem to rule out lots of abilities that would change the rules of the game, considering a rule change would also need to be announced in-thread to be practical, and that might be considered direct feedback. Who knows.

Anyway, with just one person claiming, it would have to be something where it could be verified easily afterwards whether they actually used it or might have gone off to use something else (magic of belief).

And so it begins.

@MAFIA_Battler, if only it was that easy. Before the game, I tried my best to come up with overpowered blues to expose the witches, but to no avail. A number of the rules clarifications posted by our gamemaster before the game began was a result of that confrontation.

It doesn’t seem like there’s much of an opportunity for a sweeping one-turn victory for either side. Having people claim super useful blues always runs the risk of triggering Magic of Belief, as @VyseGolbez explained. Though the rules are quite different this time around, at its core, this is still a mafia game. Information is key. We gain nothing by either blindly allowing everyone to claim anything they want, as that will only result in a decisive Witch side victory, but we can’t progress the game if nobody can use their abilities.

The rules of the game create an illusion of a possibility of a magic bullet that instantly wins the game for one side, but I wonder if this game should be played closer to the normal mafia games.

1 Like

The only issue with this public posting I attempted to push is that it combines informational with acting.

If your ability is just an acting ability then it can still force the GM to make public declarations, so keep that in mind.

Unless things go really weird, it’s not like a lot of stuff happens first daytime anyway.

But I’m not sure that means we can’t do anything. One of us might be able to make a claim even if it’s not something gamebreaking.

Or maybe I don’t understand the rules fully yet. @midsummer you want information. Same. How do we get it?

1 Like

This is still mafia, and people still have abilities even without blue claims. There has to be investigators and other useful informant roles in the mix. Strategies that work in normal mafia should work here, as well.

…Assuming our gamemaster hasn’t done something weird with game balance and had way too many witches or something.

So I’m thinking that I should claim a protect.

Something like:

I can target a player and prevent their death if they would have died in that phase.

As long as the claim isn’t in Blue, it isn’t official, right…?

And I do wonder if we should let that claim slide if you make it. A protect can be pretty useful, but with so many players, the chances of hitting a targeted human are pretty slim. So, if you’re human, we lose little if your claim is a lie and is refuted. However, if you’re a witch and you go unrefuted… That could be very bad.

1 Like

We could maybe vote on someone to try to get that ability when we have more information. And then collectively agree not to call them out on it.

*entire thread grinds to a screeching halt*

I feel like I might bring out RNGesus and make a Press just to get things going.

I mean, I feel like half of us were watching our Gamemaster stream Touhou.

2 Likes

I’d say let people make claims and keep the right to call them out on it. We won’t get any information otherwise.

Okay, I think I’ve waited long enough.

RNGesus! Guide us with your holy light!

Sorry, this is just the decision of a fickle god.

@Kluck, you do not have an ability at all!

2 Likes

Cold.

But interesting.

Thinking about the game, there are a few clarifications that would be nice to know, although I don’t know if our GM is willing to answer them:

1. Is it possible for a witch to have an innate ability?
  2. Is it possible for a witch to have a locked ability?

The question as to how Magic of Belief works in these cases doesn’t need to be asked, as the rules clearly talk about unrefuted blue claims as prerequisite (So if the above exists, a witch truthfully claiming and getting refuted would not get access to magic).

A couple of random presses is probably the best way to get information on day one since none of us have had the chance to actually use whatever abilities people may have. We shouldn’t get too carried away, though, since the more people press, the less we can refute.

Perhaps we shouldn’t make more than three or four presses, to leave enough room for refutations.

As for who to press… I guess the RNG is good enough, but since there should’ve been enough time for everyone to chime in by this point, I’m more interested in the people who haven’t said anything yet. So…

The fickle god has made its decision once again.

@Rabla, you do not have an ability at all!

Why wouldn’t either of the two be possible?

Also Magic of Belief legitimately requires a false claim to go through.

So it is as I feared:

We can’t verify someone as human just because they have an innate or a locked ability.

This is why I asked these questions.

Oho! The Pandante comparisons go further!

Anyway I won’t be doing much until @Kluck and @Rabla respond to their presses.