Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

@Wonderlander for sure. As for the second witch, no clue.

I’m a firm believer in “without love, it cannot be seen”. It’s a lesson I think everyone should try to take to heart in some form or another. How different people understand it varies, but for me, it essentially means that “without making an honest effort to understand someone, you’ll be blinded to parts of the truth”. That putting away your biases and trying to view things from someone else’s perspective - not just imprinting your own views on them, but genuinely thinking things through in a way their actions fully and truly make sense in - is what actually leads you to true realizations. And that to me is a beautiful sentiment. As someone who always thinks about what I could do in interactions or how I could influence things to make things better for everyone involved (since I don’t see the merit in rambling about how someone else could be improving things), it makes a lot of sense to me, and resonates with me deeply. It’s a crucial part of why Umineko ended up being my favorite work of fiction.

3 Likes

picto, you once asked why the witches killed Star. Well, have you reached the answer yet? Why did Blackrune and I decide to kill Star? Or rather, why did I decide to kill Star (since my reasons did not exactly line up with Blackrune’s, although we agreed)?

1 Like

Dude, what the fuck. I mean, yeah I agree with you but what the fuck

Hmm. Theories.

1. You thought he was the Alchemist
  2. You thought he was the Favored Heir
  3. You thought he would be particularly helpful or unhelpful to the human side
  4. You wanted to kill someone who wasn’t commenting very much
  5. He said something in the first section that caught your attention and made you kill him

Any of these? If it’s the last one, I can try to be more specific.

Shhhh, I think there is a reason he specifically asked picto. :stuck_out_tongue: We will learn anyways so let’s let Picto figure it out no? :stuck_out_tongue:

Random

You didn’t aim for me or Rest as you wanted to beat us personally, so Star was the next best thing.

Nope. It was a calculated kill, chosen by process of elimination.

wow. Antra’s random name picker had it all figured out XD

10/10 best strategy would use again

Always trust the RNG god.

Can confirm, year long Fire Emblem Player here. RNG is my religion.

2 Likes

Also, has anyone noticed that whenever we have 10 players, the Witch side wins?

…But when we have 12 players the Human side wins?

Clearly, this is all a part of a conspiracy @Rabla has carefully planned out and not the result of the Witch side out playing us. Checkmate.

In all seriousness though… learn some humility, goddamnit, @Restkastel and @pictoshark. You got stabbed in the back, falling hook, line and sinker for the ruse, and your first reaction is to blame @Wonderlander for your failure, or express disappointment in that other people did not act according to your expectations? Get off your high horses and admit you fucked up, and learn from it. You should’ve been more than capable of figuring out I was the one setting things up, and you already had experience dealing with Wonderlander. Not using that experience to your advantage and figuring out he’s PROBABLY NOT THE OTHER WITCH AFTER ALL is your fuckup, not his. It’s textbook being blinded to the truth by your own preconceptions.

Honestly, right up until the end Wonderlander was the one I was the most afraid of would figure out my gambit, and not just because he was the only one with the advantage of knowing the fact that “Wonderlander is human”. Because he’s not incompetent at all. A few times this game he’s brought things to the table everyone else missed. A valuable thing to have someone with a different outlook on your team, no?

Maybe you’d have still come to the conclusion that Wonderlander is the other witch even if you gave him more of a chance. That’s fine, nobody’s perfect, and it would be a ridiculous notion to say that you definitely would’ve been able to see through it if you tried. It’s also perfectly possible I’d have fucked up somewhere and given you clear evidence that incriminates me, in which case your approach would’ve worked out. But your lack of flexibility is hurting you.

@Restkastel, you say you were disappointed I did not kill either of you early on? Well let me tell you something. The primary reason I didn’t want either of you killed is because I wanted to have an interesting battle of wits against you. I tried making it clear from the start that what I wanted from this game was a genuine battle of wits, where you guys try to figure out the truth while I try to mislead you. But I don’t deliberately do things that hurt my chances; I engage these games with every intention of winning. So the secondary reason I didn’t kill you is… because of all the players here, I figured that realistically, you were probably the least likely to actually see through a ruse of mine. You’re pretty limited in your outlook of how a witch would act, and it wasn’t difficult to subvert it and end up on the all-too-wrong end of your trusted list. Still, I’d have been fine with it if you genuinely saw through me and exposed me for the witch I was. Hell I even took care to mention that “a witch might be accusing their fellow witch to garner trust”. Not that I didn’t realize that being the one to point this out probably made me even more trustworthy in your book, but still, the chance to understand it was there.

The thing I was afraid about the most from the two of you was that picto being chaotic, as he usually is. Like if he’d made @thesorceress the last Family Head at the end, who I still considered quite capable of realising Wonderlander was innocent. Your intuition is good sometimes, dude, and you’d be a lot more successful if your reasoning wasn’t so completely at odds with it =P

There’s two kinds of meta in a game: the game’s and the players’. The game’s is stagnant, but the players’ evolves with every game. Well, now, after this game, surely you will not fall for the same kind of ruse again, will you? Or will you just take it as “Kari is dangerous, let’s kill him first day from here on out” - in other words, treating the symptoms instead of the disease?

3 Likes

If I told you that I almost did that after posting that you’d be my backup in thread what would you say?

As I said at the time.

Goddamnit picto.

I would have done it… were it not for SOMEONE stripping me of my title…

Gragh. still hate you for that.

Close enough. I wanted to kill the one I felt was probably going to be contributing the least to making this an interesting and memorable game (no offense Star, but you have a bit of a history of being inactive; I’ll gladly give you more chances if you want them). Which I believe I made clear was my intention from the beginning =P

Oh and yes, killing the Alchemist was complete chance. Not that it actually meant anything since the Alchemist is redistributed immediately.

To be perfectly frank, I had the gut instinct to shoot you. But I didn’t because we had better evidence pointing towards two other witches. I act on evidence, not gut feelings. Rationality is the key to making correct decisions in the long run. From now on Im just going to advocate killing the noise in the long run, after all, @Wonderlander is an incompetent unintentional red herring that needs to be removed to make sure that the evidence isnt skewed by their incompetence.