Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

Hello, children of the Island. Welcome to Rokkenjima, or at least this personal distortion. This Gameboard is styled as a ‘Mafia’ Game, a competitive flow of logic, thinking, trust, and analysis, that you and your fellow players must come together, to unite or fool others, into your victory.

“What is Mafia?” you may ask. To put it simply, a mafia game pits an uninformed majority – in this case, the “Human Side” – against an informed minority – the “Witch Side” – with each side trying to eliminate the others, and the last team standing wins

1. The Witch Side know who their teammates are and may communicate with them outside of the thread
  2. The Human Side players only know their own identity and cannot communicate with other members about the game outside of this thread
    There are on occasion additional factions at play, and they will bring their own agenda with them. It’s up to you to decided whether their presence is a help, or harm.

This time, we’ll be playing a Special Scenario, so please re-familiarize yourself with the rules.

----Game Progression----

The game is divided into two alternating phases:

In the Daylight Phases, the Family will discuss who they wish to lynch. However, only the Family Head can actually make the final decision on the kill. All the Family can do is try and offer assistance and suggestions. The Phase ends with either the Family Head’s decision, or after 48 hours.

During the Twilight Phases, players on the Witch Side will decide a Kill target, and the Family Alchemist will prepare the next day’s Family Head.

----The Family Head----

The Family Head must execute one member of the Family each day, to root out the Witches. Upon making his selection, the Daylight Phase ends. To execute, the Family Head must post like below;

Execute: Bonecuss

In a situation where the Family Head does not decide on an Execution by the end of the 48 Hour Time Limit, the Family Head will automatically offer themselves as the Day’s Execution.

----The Family Alchemist----

The Family Alchemist, blessed by golden magic, is a Human sworn to protect the Family from the invader Witches from the Sea of Fragments.

Each Twilight, they must Elect two Family Members; a Primary, and a Backup in-case the Primary is that Twilight’s death.

When making the Election, the Family Alchemist will send the following to the Game Master;

Elect: Bonecuss, or Noriko

If the Family Alchemist is killed either in the Daylight or Twilight, a new Family Member with no role will be granted the golden magic and take their place.

You can not elect a repeat Family Head, except after there are five or less Players remaining.

----The Favoured Heir----

The Favoured Heir is always a Human, and they are loved by the Family. If they are attempted to be executed, the Family will rise up against the Family Head and kill them instead.

After the activation of that, the Favoured Heir no longer has the opportunity to become the Family Head. Additionally, while they are effectively a trustable Human ally, they no longer count as a Human in the victory condition for the Witches.

There is only ever one Favoured Heir in a game, and the role does not pass on to another Player upon death.

----The Witches----

The Witches work as a collective, and as a group decide on one Kill each Twilight Phase. They have the ability to speak outside the thread at all times. When finalizing their decision, they have one member send a message to the Game Master with;

Kill: Bonecuss

----Winning the Game----

These are the Win Conditions that will cause the Game to end.

For the Human Side - The Human Side must work to have all Witch Side players Executed. When only Humans remain, all survivors will be crowned as Winners.

For the Witch Side - When the Witch Side is equal to or outnumbers the remaining Humans, the Witches will automatically win.

----Modkills----

A Modkill is when the Game Master has to step in and Kill a Player due to them violating one this game’s four rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with people you aren’t allowed to talk to it about.

2. Do not edit or delete your posts. Just like in real life, once you’ve said something, you’ve said it – no take-backs. If you need to say something else or clarify a certain point, you are allowed to double post. For the purposes specific to Rokkenjima as a forum, please avoid posting images in messages from outside the website; the Discourse forum will auto-edit your post to move the image to Rokkenjima’s own server. This may result in accidental disqualification. If you need to post an image for whatever reason, please use the Upload feature included in the message editor when posting.

3. Do not quote anything from another member or the Game Master’s Private Messages to you in-thread without their permission.

4. Do not disclose ANY information about the game (your power, the results of your night actions, the identity of your teammate(s), etc.), or attempt to contribute to the progression of the game, after your death has been confirmed in a write-up.

Beyond these restrictions, anything goes (all forum rules still apply).

Additionally, you will be Modkilled if you are absent from the proceedings (either in-thread or from night actions) for four consecutive phases. Being active in the proceedings does not include one post every five days simply saying you are busy. If you’re going to be away for a while, say so ahead of time in-thread to avoid receiving a Modkill. Alternatively, you may simply send PM to the Game Master to notify them that you are still paying attention, but aren’t acting/speaking for strategic reasons.

----Further Questions----

If you’ve any questions about game progression in general, ask in-thread so that someone may assist you as soon as possible. Questions specifically about your role or ability works should be PM’d directly to the GM. Suggestions concerning things to be done in future rounds may be PM’d to the GM or posted in-thread, whichever you prefer.

4 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima. Not yours, but mine.

In a shining star, the young apprentice of the now-missing Crimson Sorcerer has taken a seat in the famous red throne, and plans to throw an exciting debut party for herself with a twisted new Gameboard of trust and deception.

With the invitations sent, laced in an azure blue, the Players are sure to question their goal as they move towards the familiar hall. Under the sounds of the tolling bells, the curtains rise on an unseen and unpredictable scenario.

With the fate of the roulette watching over them all, even the Maiden of Azure smiles at the prospect of an exciting game.

So, Players, will you take a seat at this unfamiliar table?

Players:

1. Restkastel
    02. StarTurner
    03. Karifean
    04. Antra
    05. Blackrune
  2. pictoshark
    07. EternalMagician
  3. thesorceress
  4. Wonderlander
    10. Aspirety

The Game So Far:

Winners:
Karifean - Witch Aligned
Blackrune - Witch Aligned

Losers:
EternalMagician - Human Aligned
StarTurner - Human Aligned
Aspirety - Human Aligned
Antra - Human Aligned
Restkastel - Human Aligned
pictoshark - Human Aligned
Wonderlander - Human Aligned
thesorceress - Human Aligned

3 Likes

sign me up

Sign me up!

Signed up~

After watching the previous games so many times it would be a crime if I didn’t sign up.

So let’s do this. Sign me up.

Interesting rules.

Sign me up.

1 Like

Ugh. I am in Voice with him right now. He is making me sign up here anyway.

1 Like

Yikes. It’s been like, 16 minutes and half of the sign-ups are already filled up.

And here it teters off…

1 Like

Sign me up as well

I would like to sign up!

Looks super fun! I am in!

I guess I’ll jump in too~
Will there still be hidden abilities? Do we get a cheatsheet of abilities that might be in play? What does ‘electing’ do?

I believe the witches and Alchemist are supposed to be the only hidden abilities. Electing means, of course, electing a new Family Head.

With 10 Players ready, I’ll start the game in a few hours. Anyone is free to still join in up until the opening post goes up.

It was a cloudy day on the familiar island of Rokkenjima, and as always the family members had found themselves somehow locked inside the famous mansion that stood upon it.

This time, however, it seemed that the people inside the mansion were mere silhouettes; shadows of the former, and usual residents. There was no panic, no voices, no emotions.

“What’s with this pathetic display, Crimson? How do you expect us to play a game with broken pieces??? Kuhuhuhu, your incompetence has never been this clear!” spoke one of the usual Players, annoyed he had been tricked into a later arrival than usual.

And yet, as all the seats in the marble hall had filled bar the familiar throne draped in red, The Crimson never showed.

“Looks like you pathetic Witch Players from the last match have made him lost his nerve.” “That was his own fault, not ourrrsssss. My play was perfect!”

The group of usual suspects began to squabble, with nothing else to fill their time. But on this day of familiar proceedings, their talk was interrupted by an unfamiliar laugh.

From the usual door that announced The Crimson’s arrival, a young girl in blue stepped out instead. She made a full walk around the circle of Players before taking a seat in the Crimson Throne.

“Why, some of you look surprised. Don’t tell me you all jumped in without looking at your invitationssss?? Hahahaha… now that is incompetence.”

With a smile, and a click of her fingers, all the red banners and fabric in the hall turned a beautiful blue.

“I am Rhythmia vi Rusalka, Maiden of Azure, and your new Game Master in The Crimson’s absence. The Master has stepped aside for his Apprentice today. And today is oh-so-special indeed. We’ll not be playing Master’s boring usual game, no, that would be so dull. I have a new challenge in mind for all of you. So please be a good little witch wannabe and read your invitations properly. I’d hate to see you all confused over such basic and simple rules, kyahahaha.”

With that said, she laid back in her chair, and from inside her robe she took out a ring and threw it onto the table they sat around. The Players recognized it as the Family Head’s Ring, a relic of Rokkenjima.

“And now, the game is set. Are you all ready to begin? I’m quite excited to see a performance from the Players who defeated Master. So let’s begin! I declare the Gameboard open!”

She jumped to her feet and grabbed the ring up, and once again, this time on the inside of the circle, stepped around to look at the confused and entertained Players.

“And we’ll start… with you.”

Today’s Family Head is @pictoshark

You have 48 Hours to have your conversation and come to a final decision, with the phase ending at 10:30PM UTC, on Friday the 17th of February.

If no-one is executed by the end of the Time Limit, @pictoshark will die in their place.

Play smart, and enjoy your day.

@Restkastel @StarTurner @Karifean @Antra @Blackrune @pictoshark @EternalMagician @thesorceress @Wonderlander @Aspirety

So… What now?

Basically from what I understand, picto has to decide on someone to kill or he dies himself. What a beautiful people situation.

So am I to understand that Majority Vote doesn’t apply this game?