Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

I would like to sign up!

Looks super fun! I am in!

I guess I’ll jump in too~
Will there still be hidden abilities? Do we get a cheatsheet of abilities that might be in play? What does ‘electing’ do?

I believe the witches and Alchemist are supposed to be the only hidden abilities. Electing means, of course, electing a new Family Head.

With 10 Players ready, I’ll start the game in a few hours. Anyone is free to still join in up until the opening post goes up.

It was a cloudy day on the familiar island of Rokkenjima, and as always the family members had found themselves somehow locked inside the famous mansion that stood upon it.

This time, however, it seemed that the people inside the mansion were mere silhouettes; shadows of the former, and usual residents. There was no panic, no voices, no emotions.

“What’s with this pathetic display, Crimson? How do you expect us to play a game with broken pieces??? Kuhuhuhu, your incompetence has never been this clear!” spoke one of the usual Players, annoyed he had been tricked into a later arrival than usual.

And yet, as all the seats in the marble hall had filled bar the familiar throne draped in red, The Crimson never showed.

“Looks like you pathetic Witch Players from the last match have made him lost his nerve.” “That was his own fault, not ourrrsssss. My play was perfect!”

The group of usual suspects began to squabble, with nothing else to fill their time. But on this day of familiar proceedings, their talk was interrupted by an unfamiliar laugh.

From the usual door that announced The Crimson’s arrival, a young girl in blue stepped out instead. She made a full walk around the circle of Players before taking a seat in the Crimson Throne.

“Why, some of you look surprised. Don’t tell me you all jumped in without looking at your invitationssss?? Hahahaha… now that is incompetence.”

With a smile, and a click of her fingers, all the red banners and fabric in the hall turned a beautiful blue.

“I am Rhythmia vi Rusalka, Maiden of Azure, and your new Game Master in The Crimson’s absence. The Master has stepped aside for his Apprentice today. And today is oh-so-special indeed. We’ll not be playing Master’s boring usual game, no, that would be so dull. I have a new challenge in mind for all of you. So please be a good little witch wannabe and read your invitations properly. I’d hate to see you all confused over such basic and simple rules, kyahahaha.”

With that said, she laid back in her chair, and from inside her robe she took out a ring and threw it onto the table they sat around. The Players recognized it as the Family Head’s Ring, a relic of Rokkenjima.

“And now, the game is set. Are you all ready to begin? I’m quite excited to see a performance from the Players who defeated Master. So let’s begin! I declare the Gameboard open!”

She jumped to her feet and grabbed the ring up, and once again, this time on the inside of the circle, stepped around to look at the confused and entertained Players.

“And we’ll start… with you.”

Today’s Family Head is @pictoshark

You have 48 Hours to have your conversation and come to a final decision, with the phase ending at 10:30PM UTC, on Friday the 17th of February.

If no-one is executed by the end of the Time Limit, @pictoshark will die in their place.

Play smart, and enjoy your day.

@Restkastel @StarTurner @Karifean @Antra @Blackrune @pictoshark @EternalMagician @thesorceress @Wonderlander @Aspirety

So… What now?

Basically from what I understand, picto has to decide on someone to kill or he dies himself. What a beautiful people situation.

So am I to understand that Majority Vote doesn’t apply this game?

Nope, because we don’t even vote. Only picto gets to decide who gets lynched.

I tried so hard to make sure everyone read stuff…

Read through the roles and rules, and you should get a decent understanding. Basically, the witches will likely kill someone, and the family head will chose someone to die, or if he doesn’t, he dies. And who knows what’ll happen, it’s Picto.

3 Likes

I don’t feel safe.

1 Like

Ah, don’t worry, my Random Name Picker pretty much decided the first lynch.

GG, @Blackrune.

Would you have argued for your own death if your name came up?

O-Of course I would! I’m err… totally not biased at all!

3 Likes

Rabla, don’t put him on the spot like that, that’s @Restkastel’s job =P

Meanwhile, @Blackrune, can you provide a reason as to why you shouldn’t be the one to be eliminated?

Also where is everyone?? Let’s get some discussion going here!

I think we’re all just confused and afraid.

More seriously, I’m not certain what we all actually have to go on, discussion wise. We have basically no information right now and, until we get an idea of what @pictoshark is thinking, there’s no actual decisions that can be made in this moment. There’s a reason why first rounds in mafia have usually gone No Death–no one has enough information to feel comfortable making a decision–but that’s not really possible in this game so it’s sort of throwing, at least me, off.

Also our fates are in the hands of a fickle god so there’s that.

I have a question for our game master @Rabla. The Family Alchemist is randomly assigned and guaranteed to not be a witch every reassignment. And from the first night onwards they assign the next Family Head every day, making it possible for both humans and witches to be the Family Head, right? But what about the very first Family Head, assigned randomly like the Alchemist? Can we be certain that @pictoshark is a human, or can the random assignment also fall on a witch in this case?

To be fair, you could have just clicked that button again until it wasn’t your name that came up. ^^

Not sure what I can say to defend myself here. I’m not a witch, but of course I can’t exactly prove that.
However, seeing how there’s no information to go by, I think it’s probably better if the family head made their own decision.
Because if they’re a human, it’ll be random anyway. And if they’re a witch, it’s gonna be a dead human anyway.
If they listen to someone else then the chance that one of them is a witch increases, which increases the chances to kill the wrong person… (and if it’s the family head, they can just blame it on whoever made the suggestion, potentially setting up an easier target for the next execution)