Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

I’m curious, is there anyone people would want as Family Head other than yourself? I’m asking under the futile hope the Alchemist doesn’t die tonight and that they might want advise.

Hold up. I think I just realized something important. The rules reference a point where there can be 5 or fewer players remaining This means that It is possible that there is only one witch in the entire batch, since its very unlikely that we will be at exactly 5 players.

I would even go as far as to say that there can only be two witches maximum because of this. Plus, it would have been game over already if there were three witches likely.

No it wouldn’t. It will be game over very shortly if there are three witches though, therefore our reasoning from this point out should be under the assumption that there are two or less witches.

No not really. With a three witch game if one witch was reeeeeally incompetent then you could still get into such a situation.

Of course, there’s no point in thinking about there being three witches so whatever.

Perhaps, but given how hard it is to fuck up in this game I think that erring on the side of low witches makes sense as long as we assume that Rabla didn’t have an aneurysm and forget how to game balance.

I mean yeah, I reckon there are two witches as well.

And so the sun rises once more.

The Family Alchemist made their Election, and the ring has been passed on.

The Witches have struck! A corpse found in the mansion has been identified as @Antra, a Human.

Today’s Family Head is @Restkastel

You have 48 Hours to have your conversation and come to a final decision, with the phase ending at 1:00AM UTC, on Thursday the 23rd of February.

If no-one is executed by the end of the Time Limit, @Restkastel will die in their place.

Play smart, and enjoy your day.

@Restkastel @Karifean @Antra @Blackrune @pictoshark @thesorceress @Wonderlander

Alright @Restkastel if you are a witch and there are two of you then all you need to do is fire at a human who is not the favored heir.

If I chose right when I picked you, if you are a human, then we actually have some thinking to do.

Who are the witches?

Also I don’t know why but I suspect @Antra of being the Favored Heir. He was the backup that I chose.

Indeed, that much is something that needs to be figured out.

I am 90% sure that you pictoshark are a human because I am a human as well and you picked me. If you were a witch, you would pick a fellow witch to put as head.

If you think @antra is the favored heir, then we have four main choices as to who are the witches with about a 50/50 probability

@Karifean to me seems like hes been a bit too helpful to be a witch with his tactics for this sort of game, but that could just be a clever ruse.

@Blackrune Might be one as well, but who knows.

@thesorceress is another that I am unsure of. They did make a suspicious claim about needing to say things in thread to target someone, but that was debunked rather quickly by rabla and answered by them

@wonderlander Is my main suspicion considering they have said nothing this entire thread, which might be because they think they might fuck up.

I would say that I would like to put @wonderlander in the hot seat, and say they are my current target, and if they do not provide a case for themselves before it is time to execute someone barring the case for someone else being executed, I would like to execute them.

Well Antra is dead anyway so besides you and me picto thats my list of targets.

And now to elucidate why I picked Rest.

I am the Family Alchemist

I was chatting with the gamemaster about my new responsibility. And asked him if the witches have moved yet, as I wanted to know if I’d be holding things up by waiting. He said they were deliberating at that time. I was frustrated as to Rest’s offline-ness as I could use someone to bounce ideas off of in thread, this occurred at 8:40 BST. This is 2:40 CST, for reference.

I chose Karifean as my main with Antra as my backup. Then a short while later I was reading through the thread and I saw this post.

@Karifean was absolutely right! The witches really do make mistakes! And those mistakes are our “best shot” at victory. ESPECIALLY THE MISTAKES OF THE GAMEMASTER.

I switched my vote, and just to confirm once he woke I asked him this:

[9:01 PM] pictoshark: Rest, when did you go to bed last night?
[9:01 PM] pictoshark: I’m thinking of doing something, but I want to check some details before I can arrange for it
[9:02 PM] Restkastel: uuuh
[9:02 PM] Restkastel: Like midnightish?
[9:02 PM] Restkastel: Maybe a bit later?
[9:02 PM] Restkastel: Why

If there are two witches.

And the witches were deliberating at 2:40!

And Rest was asleep at midnight!

Then Rest is not a witch.

Unfortunately you have nought but my hearsay to confirm this.

THAT IS WHY I CHOSE REST AS THE FAMILY HEAD.

Hey you know how you were wondering if I lied?

I lied.

Alrighty then. Game’s not over but I doubt we’ll be getting another chance if we get this one wrong, so no excuses to be quiet this time, alright?

You can actually be 100% sure that picto is a human, because he’s the alchemist. Pretty sure Rabla actually just nonchalantly confirmed that, lol.

Since it’s futile to even think of the possibility of Rest being a witch (he can just kill picto and witches win GG), we can also take this as confirmation that Rest is not a witch. Any reasoning on a different basis would be pointless.

My personal biggest suspicion right now is @Blackrune. Mostly because everyone else has shown themselves to be more trustworthy in my eyes, but also because a bunch of his talking last daylight phase was stating the obvious or repeating what other people have already said, or maybe even trying to curry favor with me and Rest. Like trying to appear as if he’s pushing the conversation forward while mostly just keeping it stagnant, and also because executing people that fast is just a terrible fucking move and you should never do that without first putting them on the spot at least and giving them another chance to defend themselves. Granted, time was running out, but it still sticks out to me. He could’ve just invited more discussion earlier, but with how quickly he dropped the ‘charges’ on Aspi just hours before (why not just keep it up if you’re still considering executing him) it almost seems like he didn’t want to have Aspi defend himself. TL;DR I just think a human player would’ve handled the situation differently.

As for his partner, @Wonderlander would be my first pick, mainly just because Blackrune made an offhand comment about him being an unlikely witch just before executing Aspi. Said comment was a complete copy of the argument for him I brought up earlier. It makes Blackrune more suspicious than Wonderlander in my eyes, but if thesorceress was his partner I think he would’ve brought up something in that post for her as well.

So, @Blackrune, @Wonderlander, care to answer?

But I could be lying…[quote=“Karifean, post:275, topic:1049”]
Since it’s futile to even think of the possibility of Rest being a witch (he can just kill picto and witches win GG)
[/quote]

Unless he thinks I might be the Favored Heir. It IS possible…

You could be lying, but that would mean Rabla’s playing along with your farce. Integrity of the game master and all that.

Nono, it would be lacking in integrity to point out my theoretical lies.

That’s the way I see it at least…

There’s a middle ground between those two, which is just not saying anything. I’m pretty sure that’s what Rabla would have done if this was actually an elaborate scheme.

Either way, there’s no way you would argue this much for the possibility of this all being a setup if it actually was, lol.

Or maybe he EXPECTS you to think this and is doing it because of that.

Unless that conclusion is what I’m really aiming for!

But yeah we should stop infinitely guessing ourselves otherwise we might forget something.[quote=“Karifean, post:275, topic:1049”]
My personal biggest suspicion right now is @Blackrune.
[/quote]

Your points for this were quite good, and I agree with most of what you said.

Your potential targets are as follows @Restkastel.

@Karifean
@Blackrune
@pictoshark
@thesorceress
@Wonderlander

Under our current theory where we assume you are a human, and we also assume that we are in danger of losing here:

2 out of 5 of these people are witches.

You must strike a witch.

Worry not about who the Favored Heir is, if you hit them then you hit a human so we lost anyway.

Just focus on understanding everyone’s actions.

And pinpointing the witch.

Good luck.

@Blackrune You have been added to the hot seat. I want to hear from you both before the time is up or else I shoot one of you.