Rokkenjima Secret Oyashiro I [Finished - Progressive Victory]

Hello hello, I’m Sapphire. I am a new representative of the people of Hinamizawa and I’m very eager to start my duties. Having always been devoted to the well-being of our village, being a representative has always been a goal of mine and I’ll work every day to make our village as happy, peaceful and prosperous as possible. I also greet my fellow members and hope that together we’ll work our hardest for the village, always respect and listen to each other’s ideas and thoughts and always find the best solution possible.

Nobody unconcerned with the well-being and maintenance of our village will be allowed to carry their misdeeds and if any of them are between the representatives, rest assured that they will be exposed and that the well-meaning members will always win over them.

Now then, let’s get along shall we?

5 Likes

the crowd is suddenly stirred by the appearance of a portly young man, sporting a hawaiian shirt, slippers, and shades

We-hell now, pardon me y’all. I’ve been out on a business trip, ya see, and someone sends me a mail telling me that I’ve been made a member of this small council. Well, I figure I grew up here on Hinamizawa, so it’s about time I gave back, you hear?

I ain’t too sure about politics and stuff like that, but I can tell you for sure, I would like to see us all gettin’ along. A peaceful village is a happy village, ya know? And a happy village means more fun, more relaxation, and a load off of everyone’s minds. Now let’s all get along, shall we?

4 Likes

Pepe wasn’t even assigned a character this time and he still picked one on his own!

2 Likes

Just to be clear on the rules, will it be shown who voted in what way? Or just the number?

1 Like

It will be shown who voted in what way. You are free to lie to the others about how you plan to vote, but those lies will be exposed when the vote is revealed.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for introducing themselves! I am looking forward to getting to know you all better as we continue to meet as a council.

Now, I understand that it might be hard for some of you to trust one another having just met for the first time, but we must strive to communicate openly.

Speaking of confidence in speaking, I have noticed that one of our members has yet stayed quiet. I know its overwhelming to have all these people of all these different backgrounds come together and start voicing their opinions, but I would really like @DaBackpack to tell us a bit about himself before we start formal matters.

As always, thanks for your continuous service!

3 Likes

ごめん!!

はじめましてみんなさま、古戸ヱリカです。

よろしくお願いします

2 Likes

ダメだ

何がダメなのかは全然分りません。

1 Like

You what? I can’t really read Japanese but I’m pretty sure that means you’re introducing yourself as Rika. Now I didn’t get a real name so that’s some suspicious stuff…

Erika to be precise. ヱ is an old katagana that’s lost it’s purpose. It was used for [ɛ] or [wɛ] sounds but normally that would be written as エ or ウェ today.

1 Like

Uh huh. I can see why you might have been a bit shy to introduce yourself, seeing as many might not understand you. Please know that we are a very welcoming and friendly group not prone to snap judgements based on previous conceptions… at least, that is what I would like this group to become.

In fact, in order to promote such an atmosphere amongst this council, I am going to nominate @DaBackpack as my chancellor. Of course, if you, my fellow council members, are truly against such a government, then please feel free to vote such.

However, I would like to remind you that all votes will be revealed in the end; please stay aware of how your vote my reflect on your stance of tolerance and acceptance. A sense of community is very important to this town, and I know that the townspeople hold the status of residence in this town in very high regard. We cannot allow one of our own to be made an outsider.

2 Likes

Voting Phase

@Yerian@EisenKoubu@Aspirety@Rabla@Pepe@DaBackpack@cjlim2007@Sapphire@Necem

Since our presidential candidates has chosen a chancellor, it’s time for everyone to vote.

President: Yerian
Chancellor: DaBackpack

Do you trust these two to represent you and the entire village of Hinamizawa and enact a policy on your behalf?

Everyone please send a PM with your vote (YES or NO) to me. This includes you as well, Yerian and DaBackpack, your votes count just like anyone else’s. Since this is our first vote I won’t set a deadline, but if you could all just send your votes as soon as you see this post that’d be great. I’d generally like to keep votes down to under 24 hours.

You are also free to continue discussing in this topic if you feel unsure on how to vote and want to ask the opinions of others, or if you want to convince others to vote a certain way, or even just to do some smalltalk with the other council members. If you’ve already cast your vote and you want to change it you are free to do so by sending me another PM, but once I’ve received all of your votes I will reveal them and obviously by then it’s too late to change your vote.

Quick Rules Review: If an absolute majority (>50%) votes YES, the vote succeeds and the president and chancellor get to enact a policy. If 50% or more vote NO, the vote fails and the next candidate in line (EisenKoubu in this case) gets to choose a chancellor. If three votes fail in a row, a random policy from the stock is simply enacted without question. The stock currently consists of 11 radical policies and 6 progressive policies.

1 Like

Hello Erika! I welcome you to our council and I look forward to working together with you! There really is no need to be shy. We in Hinamizawa treat every person as our friend and respect their opinions equally. Even If I cannot understand a thing of what you are saying, you have every right to voice your opinion. But please keep in mind that we all have to work together to form a council that leads Hinamizawa into a bright future. And if I, and I guess that I’m not the only one, can’t understand what you are saying it becomes a bit difficult to form a working council.

And so, Yerian, I understand that you want to set a sign that everyone is welcomed in Hinamizawa. But it is not only important to show that everyone is welcomed in our village. We, as the council, the voice of Hinamizawa, the leader of our beloved village, have the responsibility to make decisions that are in favor to everyone in the village.

So I ask you, how do you think will Erika be able to choose a policy that is in favor to everyone if she can’t understand the voices and opinions of our residents?

Please don’t understand me wrong. Erika has every right to be in this council as a fellow resident of Hinamizawa. And her voice weights as heavy as everyone of ours. But in order to form a well functioning council, it is important that we can discuss matters and understand eachother. Especially our leading figure, the chancellor, should be someone we all can speak with.

1 Like

((Sorry classes just started this week and I’m teaching for the first time, I’m alive I promise))

and there’s no harm in discussing the picks, but at this point there’s not going to be a whole lot to talk about except about how great a character Erika Furudo is of course

something I’m wondering about is if the votes will eventually be revealed to the thread, like with names attached and stuff

iirc a part of the Secret Hitler game is learning WHO voted ‘yes’ vs ‘no’ and using that to reason about the game

I think it would be useful information to have, and it might be an important part of game balance

I’m stupid, it was in the OP. We good!

Hello Erika/actually Da Backpack. Glad to see that you’re, at last, introducing yourself to the council and I hope we’ll work hard together to do our best for our village. I must admit though that you seem a bit laconic and whilst I can understand that, it’s important that you also understand that we need to speak up and exchange ideas regarding our village so we can lead it to a much brighter future. I suggest you say a few more words, especially since you’re currently a chancellor nominee. But Yerian probably knows you a bit better than us to trust you with this position, so I’ll respect Yerian’s decision.

Ah, and I sent it right away. I should have sent it after 24 hours to annoy you a bit. :slight_smile:

I’m joking, but anyways, I notice the council has been very quiet following our introductions, so what do you all think is the first thing we should discuss here?

If I’m elected I’ll give everybody free puppies and balloons. Yerian/DBP 2016!!!

2 Likes

I feel like you don’t take this election very seriously.