[Spoilers] Favorite scene from Umineko

I love your explanation of all those scenes. Especially “Feminism with Eva”.

(Umineko EP 8 spoilers) Jessica contributed to the massacre by being so absolutely amazing that Sayo started falling for her.

2 Likes

(EP7/EP8?) [spoiler]It has been quite some time since I read EP7. I am in EP6 for my second read through, though! Anyway, the scene where the goats begin devouring Rokkenjima. Very sad, yet really interesting. Hopefully I’ve remembered correctly.

Also any scene ever with Lion tbh[/spoiler]

1 Like

(Umineko EP 8 spoilers) I think the goats eating everything is EP 8 unless I’m thinking of a different scene. Also yes Lion is quality.

1 Like

Lion is my favorite androgynous, gender neutral (probably male) eternal partner

4 Likes

Ahh, I wasn’t sure if it was EP8 or EP7.
I think EP7 but I’ll edit my previous post, thank y o u!

1 Like

[spoiler]Absolutely, 100% agree!! Oh, I’ve loved him since before I even understood his existence, hah… First accidentally found him on a wikia, whoops.

You’ve got good taste, friend |D[/spoiler]

1 Like

I certainly have more favourite scenes than the one I’ll be talking about below, but I’ll leave the full listing of them at another time. Anyways, this favourite scene that I’m speaking of is the one in Episode 5, in which Erika and all the Ushiromiya family try to solve the epitaph. It was such a mentally stimulating scene for me and truly the first time during Umineko that I wanted to try and think about the answer. Erika coming up with the idea that it is a word (if I remember correctly), then Battler and the adults adding their own thoughts and Erika and Battler’s back and forths. Especially that part in which Battler says that he shouldn’t stop thinking, cause if he does, all his thoughts will go away and it truly motivated me to do the same.

1 Like

Well, there are many. Some of these will probably be a bit predictable, but here I go. In no particular order:

1. Maria and Rosa escaping the island at the end of episode 2. What made the scene so amazing was not only the epic soundtrack, but the heartwarming moments between Maria and Rosa, especially Rosa realizing she treated her own daughter like trash and never prioritized her.

2. Young Eva becoming a witch. I lost my shit when that happened since I never saw it coming in a million years.

3. The entirety of episode 4 Tea Party, particularly Battler’s ridiculous arguments.

4. Battler’s sin scene.

5. “Even if you join us, there are 17 people.” + Birth of a New Witch

6. BWATTLEEEER-SHWAAAAAN

7. Kanon rescuing Battler in episode 6; Kanon laughing at Beatrice in episode 6; Kanon being super amazing and cool in episode 6.

8. The Battle for the Golden Land

9. Every creepy Maria scene in episode 1

10. Battler saving Natsuhi by turning himself into the culprit for the fifth game.

5 Likes

My favorite scene from Umineko is honestly from EP6, when Beatrice says there are no more than 16 people on the island. The music is so perfectly used, it makes the scene absolutely epic.

My next favorite scene is from EP4, when Kasumi is tearing pages from Maria’s diary and reveals from it that Maria used uu-uu- as a spell to be friends with her beloved mama. This has me in tears no matter how many times I read the scene.

And, of course, everything about the ending of Umineko.

3 Likes