[Spoilers] Non-canon Umineko Theories

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this section. Of course, I have my own theory as well;) But first a reply to PocketyHat, since I don’t want to just brush your theory aside.

I know I’m new, but if you allow: for this theory my reply would be that, while it is probably possible, there need to be hints for that following the rule that every hint for a crime must be given. We would need for example some conversation where it’s clear that Kanon knows who the muderers of the first twilight were. For now, I think that we’d need more hints. If you have them though, I’d be happy to discuss it :wink:

It was mostly a theory I thought of for fun, but I don’t think I have time to actually develop them with full detail, so I just leave them be as my own personal theory. And for this I’m just going by logic and logical emotional responses, and besides, most people in the island have reasons to kill one another, especially since some people seem to be easily bribed on the solutions of every episodes of the question arc. Buuut again, I’m a not person who wants to focus on it anyway, but if anyone wants to develop this theory, go ahead, I’m just lazy and don’t have time to reread umineko again yet. And again, I support the true theory anyway, I just wanted to have something fun for myself, 'cause hey, the catbox has endless possibilities :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alright then;)

Hello everyone,

a while ago, I posted here my own little theory about Umineko. Since this became too extensive (needed to edit stuff etc.), I deleted it. But I am still searching for someone who might help me out. So is there anyone who still wants to think about the story beyond the Sayo explanation? In return, I will show you a certain something, proof that there is another solution :smiley:

2 Likes

not my original theory, but I liked the one where there was actually a tunnel underneath rokkenjima to the main land. this allowed a lot of things such as making bodies disappear and letting more people actually be in the island but they just quickly got “out” of the island so the red of the number of people was still valid.
the basis for it came when someone looked at some of the fines and noticed something like windows with blinking lights, kinda like when a train passes through a tunnel.

1 Like

Well I definitively do have my own thoughts concerning the truth that violently opposes some of the accepted truth, tho I’m not very sure I could really help anyone else ^^;; feel free to try tho?

This is an excellent challenge. I’ll craft one immediately. I’ll even fix anything that violates the Red with new Faker truths then the Fake truth Im about to create.

Lets see. The Ange Culprit Theory.

As someone once pointed out the “real truth” has a big flaw in that if the message bottles of the future were written in advance and Ange was excluded in the stories even though she only did not attend the conference due to sudden illness. This is why the true culprit is Ange, the true author of the message bottles.

You think a 6 yr old couldnt possibly be the culprit? Your right, because she was 4 when she planned it. (For those who might know, this scenario is largely inspired by an MTTH500 event from Crusader Kings 2. A newborn child turns out to be THE DEMON CHILD. (S)He then attracts several witch servants and then proceeds to kill every other heir to the throne and your main character to finally take the crown)

At the age of 4, its hard to find servants, but fortunately Ange has a lonely and superstitious cousin. After earning her trust and joining Mariage Sorciere, she meets another lonely soul; Beatrice. At first she simply used them as playmates and scapegoats for her evil (but childish) pranks. However by chance, during her usual eve-dropping to find weaknesses, she overheard a drunk and repentant Kinzo admit to a horrendous crime.

skeletons of the most accessable family members; her parents. Eventually Rudolf let slip that secret of Battler, putting another Ace in her hand. As her skills and tactics grew she eventually pieced together the incident 17 years past through loosened lips of the elderly and the tired.

Her hand now stacked, she only needed an opportunity. And it came in the form of an Epitaph.

Using her information she turned the witch into her furniture, crushing the all hope with the knowledge that even after 1000 years there could be no HUMAN FUTURE for the witch.

She subtly guilt tripped an old servant into helping the Witch recover the gold. All the gold and honor in the golden land could not repair a destroyed heart, so the witch remained a puppet to Ange. Using the one-ring puppet and taking hold of the financial failures of the son and the guild of the wife, Ange became the true ruler of Rokkenjima.

Having gained sufficient power, Ange planned to manipulate from the shadows and ascend after reaching adulthood. However after 2 years, news of the unexpected return of her elder contender breathed a sliver of hope into her puppet, which began to resist her control. She knew it was time to abandon this Beatrice.

First she broke her foolish cousin with mere words. The seeds of malice were not planted by mere negligent innocence (This clue was given in the story even!). This hatred and despair would be harvested into a weapon.

Then she contemplated multiple scenarios to use her puppets and assets to elimate the heirs contending her throne. Although it would be ideal if everyone else died, the hungry Sumedera’s was a threat that could not be ignored. Even with her evil intellect, that fact that she was 6 would be too disadvantagous; she needed a new puppet. After careful consideration, she chose her new Beatrice, Eva.

As to what happened on Oct 4-6. EP 7 - Bernkastel “This is all the truth”

Having rigged the switch in the Goldenland to activate regardless of what happened, Ange erased the Ushiromiya family and all the evidence. Her mother played the part she manipulated her to and in return a desperate and ever loyal Aunt was born. However Ange wanted Eva’s intellect and drive to expand her empire until her eventual ascension, without wasted energy on motherly love. So like the predecessor Beatrice, she broke her, and all it took was to reject a hug and convienently have 2 dirty bottles stuffed with conflicting lies “accidently” discovered.

While successfully creating a powerful autonomous servant, Ange unfortunately became a victim of her manipulations. For a time, she would be forced to eat mud. To endure this she continously reminded herself of her own Greed and spoke to it. Her hosts here would eventually die in a series of bizarre murders, however that is another tale.

Eventually she reached adulthood and promptly returned to claim her crown. With a few drops of poison, she secretly murdered her puppet, whom had also acted as a strawman to absorb hatred of those whom bled to feed Ange’s coffers so none would be directed towards her. With the gold, the ring and the title of Golden Witch, she only would need to finish her maternal relations.

Thus she lured them into a trap on that island that day. After cleaning up all lose ends, she decided that ruling from the shadows was best and arranged for one of Eva’s servants to be her puppet.

Before the tale could close however, a threat in the form of Hachijo Tohya forgeries remained. The possibility that the old Beatrice betrayed her caused her to grind her teeth night after night. Eventually she found the Tohya and invited him to the goldenland, where he would never return from…

The End

Ange satisfies Knox’s first as she is mentioned within the first few minutes of the game.(Take that Dlanor)

No trick is needed for the EP3 red where Evatrice removes everyone from the suspect list if ANGE was the culprit

All conventional solutions can still apply with an ANGE mastermind

1 Like

The art of crafting a Rokkenjima theory is all at once a difficult, painful and pointless one. I’m not going to let you stamp all over one of my art forms of choice.

You barely address the episodes at all. Need I remind you that even if Erika joins the people on the island “There are 17 people”?

So just to be clear, your Ange culprit theory pins Ange as the culprit without her being on the island in Episodes 1 through 6 by making her be the mastermind manipulating people into doing the murders?

You say “Take that Dlanor” but yet the murder doll in question can easily strike down your entire theory with a single oft spoken sentence:

https://rokkenjima.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/2X/e/e555eefbaea8246e63c9c52c2bc37d63c98cf06c.mp3

So come. Tell us. What are the clues toward Ange being the mastermind?

Well my clue is quite simple.

Lambdadelta: …Yes. …Golden truth, effective. The gold truth…can only be used by the territory lord of this world…no. …only by the Game Master himself!!

…and Ange somehow uses Golden truth in EP8 without a “I now understand everything scene”.
Since Ange is not shown acquiring this knowledge, she must already possess it.
Thus Ange can most certainly be the author of two games where the author knew apriori that Ange would be absent.

With just the ability of Ange to use Golden Truth, I can fabricate a lie of this level. What do you think everyone?

Ep 6. The Gold Truth is also used in Ep 6.

Then hit me with your counter argument using that evidence.

Lambdadelta was mistaken about the golden truth only being available to territory lords! To show this assertion I will present two pieces of evidence:

1. In Episode 6 Beatrice the Elder uses the gold truth even though Battler is the territory lord at the time. The gold in question is: “You used magic to create a golden flower petal inside an overturned cup. It was a splendid bit of magic.
  2. At multiple points in Will’s “Final Rites” he mentions the golden truth by name with at least one notable instance of speaking of it being used by a non territory lord.

Not bad, here is my response.

In the same EP6, Beato speaks exactly what the GM Battler wants her to speak. If Battler wanted his piece, Beatrice, to speak gold, she would. Therefore pieces of any GM of this story may speak gold.

As an addendum, the known GMs are the original Beatrice, the Golden Sorceror Battler and Lambdadelta. Ange is not one of their pieces and can still speak gold. Therefore Ange is a GM.

So, there are multiple things proving that Bernkastel from Umineko is Rika from Higurashi.
What if… the name Frederica Bernkastel was supposed to be FurudeRika (read as Frederica) Bernkastel?

The following theory is just for fun, never in a million years would I consider it seriously.

Episode 7 spoilers

Kumasawa = original Beatrice.

This is based on the fact that our Beato inherited her Beatrice title from Virgilia (who is Kumasawa’s fantasy counterpart). Virgilia being former Beatrice herself is something notable because every Beatrice, whether it is in fantasy or in real life, is somehow related to the Ushiromiya family.

The idea is the following:

- Kinzo had violent/forceful tendencies even as a young man. We could say he got “too passionate” and sometimes couldn’t keep his hands of the original Beatrice. Furthermore, Kinzo was so obsessed with Beatrice, he was madly jealous and didn’t appreciate her attempts to communicate with other people, especially men. Beatrice got sick of it, and wanted to escape and so she begged Nanjo for help. However, she got pregnant.

- She made a deal with Doctor Nanjo, he would help her fake her death and then he would give her the baby and allow her to escape. However, before Beatrice could get to her baby, the situation got messy and the baby remained with Kinzo. Meanwhile, Kinzo truly believed his beloved Beatrice was dead.

- (this is where it gets really nonsensical) Beatrice got into an accident or something that disfigured her face. She also suffered heavy amnesia and she lived for some time with that amnesia without knowing her true identity. Nanjo kept the secret from her and supported her throughout her life, even helping with her face surgery. Eventually Nanjo decided that it would be best if Beatrice/Kumasawa stayed by her grandchild (Sayo) since the child had already lost its real mother. That is how Kumasawa got employed with the Ushiromiya famil not knowing she was by her own grandchild all this time.

And that’s it. Don’t kill me please, I just have a vivid imagination.

3 Likes

10/10, would Mackaral Witch again

1 Like