Steam Anime Sale

This is a bit late, since the sale has been going on for the whole weekend and ends in some 30 hours or so, but anyhow.

It appears that a whole bunch of “anime” things on Steam are on sale now. I wonder if anyone has good recommendations on stuff to purchase? The most recent Mafia game on this forum appears to be themed around the visual novel Root Double, which made me look it up and find out it’s currently 71% off on Steam, so it’s only 9€. It seems pretty intriguing, so I suppose I’ll be buying it.

As for what I’d be recommending… If someone hasn’t played the Danganronpa games, they’re currently 40% off, and I’d definitely recommend checking them out if you’re into mystery and suspense with some light-hearted comedy thrown into the mix.

I mean, Higurashi is reduced, so if someone doesn’t have that yet, that’s an option. Same goes for Umineko. Stuff that’s recommended to me from people as well is G-Senjou no Maou, I hear Fata Morgana is good, Steins;Gate is a little bit reduced, then there’s the Clannad bundle, planetarian, and Harmonia, if you’re into anime fighters, both BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are reduced as well, and probably other anime fighters as well, but I’m not too knowledgable about that. If you like shmups, Mushihimesama is 50% off (warning, that’s a CAVE shooter, so it’s very hard), and probably others as well, but again, not too knowledgable about the subject. Tales of Zestiria is heavily reduced, if you want a decent JRPG. Well, I’ll let others fill the blanks.

Hatoful boyfriend is good joke vn, pls read.

I wouldn’t exactly call Hatoful a joke VN, since it does handle its routes seriously, even amidst the stuff like “TIME TO STEAL CHRISTMAS TREES”. It’s more like a subversion kind of VN, since you can play with the pretty boy sprites toggled on, but you generally don’t expect to be dating… well, birds. Wish I could gush on the series itself but I’d be spoiling so much of it, though we all know there’s no real twist to Shuu’s route since pretty much every bird and their mother’s seen that route end happen.

Truly a new meaning to the term “eaten out” was given on that day.

2 Likes