Team-based Mystery Solving Action!

Seeing as our final curtain call is fast approaching, I wanted to try a bit of a different format for what might be the last gameboard on Rokkenjima :frowning: I’ve discussed it with some of you on Discord, but the idea is we split up into two teams that are trying to solve the board first. This game would allow for repetition requests from the players, the catch being that all such requests are made in a public thread that both teams will be looking at.

The other catch is that each team will have three (3) attempts to solve the how and whodunnit of the gameboard, using a blue theory. These blues would be submitted to me in private, and I will either accept the blue or deny it in red. If the blue is denied, then the red denying it will be posted in the thread for both teams to see.

We’d need some private channels (whether that be on the Rokkenjima Discord or Discord DMs) for each team to discuss the mystery openly with each other. Discord DMs would be easiest, but they have a 10 person limit per group, on the off chance we have a lot of people participating.

No idea how this will go down. Could be a huge disaster, but figured it’d be fun to play with the format a bit! And I wanted to get the idea out there and get any suggestions from prospective players. Also, let me know if you’re interested in playing, that way I can get the team stuff sorted before posting the actual mystery so we can hit the ground running.

7 Likes

I’m participating of course.

1 Like

Joining in!

1 Like

I haven’t ever done a game board before, but it sounds like fun, so sure, I’ll join.

1 Like

Count me in!

1 Like

You know what, I haven’t been participating in a game board for too long. I’m in.

1 Like

Why not, I’ll join too.

1 Like

Of course I’m in.

1 Like

Tag me in coach.

1 Like

I’ll send my clone in for this one.

And given that the clone is technically me, I’m technically in as well.

1 Like

Okay, why the hell not. I solved the first gameboard of this forum, seems fitting to tackle the last. :smiley:

2 Likes

Larger turnout than I expected, which is cool. Glad to see some new people to gameboards as well :slight_smile:

With 10 people on board, that’s more than enough to put a couple of teams together. The roulette has chosen (first try randomizer, I promise!):

Team 1:
@prototypeOEZ
@aneonfoxtribute
@DWaM
@machelmore
@SSJInferno

Team 2:
@Ushiromiya_Battler
@Blackrune
@EntropyMirror
@Wonderlander
@Funyarinpa

If anyone else would like to join the game (either now or after we’ve gotten started), I’ll assign you to a team in an alternating fashion. In the meantime, I’ll be creating the Discord groups for you guys either tonight or tomorrow (might have to send you a friend request on Discord to do so). We’ll be using a different thread for the board itself, though. Now, name your teams :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Make sure you stay entirely silent until you come in at the last second with the perfect solution :stuck_out_tongue:

Best of luck to both teams! I will watch your theories with great interest.

2 Likes

I may be busy but I’d love to join in too!

1 Like

The more the merrier. And it’s not like there will be some sort of activity requirement, you can just join a team and contribute when/if you can! If you’d like, you can be on Team 1.

@ghagler You’re more than welcome to join in! Especially since we have 11 players, heh.

This looks really intresting! Can I join? I’ve never done something like this before.

2 Likes

Ah, unfortunately you need access to the Rokkenjima Discord server, which you need Witch rank on the forums for. You should be able to get it pretty quickly if you post some on the forums and like some posts. You can always hop into the game a little later once you get the rank :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright! I’ll do some exploring around here!

2 Likes

I might be a little bit too late but can I join if possible?

2 Likes

Hi @Echo06! You’re certainly welcome to join. Once you get access to the Discord server (might have to try until a mod catches you and gives you the Witch role), we’ll get you sorted onto a team, which will be Team #2 AKA Team Eiserne Jungfrau AKA Team Asleep.

Feel free to read the doc ahead of time so that you’re ready to jump in :slight_smile:

1 Like