The Mystery of the Three Suicides [SOLVED]

Just means I can move on from that one.

D killed C after B left. He just wasn’t quite dead.

Does the narrative not conf-

No, it does not. Huh. Oh well.

When B broke into D’s room through the window, D was already dead.

The man A goes by the name “A bloody knife” due to a mafia incident.

As for something else, **The two rooms with deaths described are the same room.**

Can we get the identities of each person in the text confirmed in red, and each corpse identified in red? If I recall correctly pictoshark’s games had the entire text as true - does this apply here? If this does apply, does this also apply to the conclusions they come to, e.g. there being no other entrances and it being impossible to stab someone from outside the room?

Repetition requested: E was definitely dead by the time his body was discovered.

Ha, that’s pretty brilliant. Very well, you’ve earned this. There is no person “A”, or any other fifth person in addition to those referred to as “B”, “C”, “D” and "E"

Curious idea, but the narrative states E’s room is in the second floor and D’s room is in the first floor. The murders happened in different rooms.

The narrative contains no direct falsehoods. If something is said directly, like “E was dead” or “There were no other entrances”, that must be true. Descriptions of the characters’ thoughts does not imply that said thoughts must be correct. To avoid confusion between what is meant as characters’ thoughts and what is objective narrative, I’ll clarify that the bit about it being impossible to stab someone in the heart through the gap under the door was objective narrative, and thus truth. If there are other unclear points, ask and I will clarify. Regarding the bodies on the beds, the narrative does directly state that E was laying on the bed in E’s room, and D was laying on the bed in D’s room.

The narrative does this for me.

Well, if I got this right, the narrative could have conveniently left out the part where B stabs him before saying that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, definitely. Fair enough. E was dead before B broke into the room.

Quite an interesting game, could I ask you to repeat the following in red?

The key to E’s room was untouched from the moment E died up until the door to E’s room was forced open.

Likewise I request the following to be repeated in red:

The key to D’s room was untouched from the moment D died up until the window to D’s room was broken.

Glad to have you participate. Regarding the repetition requests, I generally prefer only complying if not doing so would immediately open up fairly obvious explanations for the mysteries presented. I don’t think allowing the keys to move around a bit allows any particularly obvious solution, so for now, I refuse.

Well, this one was actually my first thought due to the clues, but that’s precisely why I avoided it.

At least one of the keys was placed back inside the room from the outside via string. It was passed through the gap of the door and used the handle of the teacup as an anchor point.

Clever. However, the teacups are very light, and the keys are rather sturdy. Such an attempt would certainly have tipped over an empty teacup, and in both cases, the teacups were empty and upright on the nightstand tray.

B killed E while he was in his room. After the murder, B used E’s key to unlock the window and escape. When B later broke in, before shouting he quickly shut the window, locked it, placed the key back on the tray, then shouted.

The windows of E’s room were already locked when B forced open the door.

Haha, that’s of course understandable. Well for my theories, let’s start with this:

B killed E in his room and took his key. After leaving E’s corpse inside he locked the door with said key. B was the first person to enter the room after the door to E’s room was forced open, so it would have been easy for him to place the key on the tray and then exclaim that E has passed away. The same happened with the discovery of D’s corpse as B was in the room before C and simply placed the key on the nightstand.

In both cases, the key was already on the tray when the rooms were broken into.

I have another question (Hopefully the last one!). Can the doors only be locked from either inside or outside while they’re closed?

Questions are fine, don’t worry about asking for clarifications.

A door can only be locked when it is closed.

The same applies for windows, they can only be locked when closed.

You just had to deny it like that.
Repeat: When saying “the teacups were empty and upright”, this refers to a moment before B had any chance to mess with them.

Though I guess even then I could get creative: The teacups were filled with dry ice (or something). This made them heavy enough to remain stable for the string trick. The stuff then simply evaporated, leaving no trace behind.

I did feel like you’d probably come up with some way to do it anyway if I didn’t deny it directly enough. Very well.

Not once during the weekend did a key travel into a room from under a locked door.

…That said, the dry ice idea is clever, I almost wish I had thought of that myself when writing this.

I almost didn’t want to suggest that one so I could use it myself in some form someday. xP
Welp, back to the basics.

E locked the door himself after getting injured.