The Mystery of the Three Suicides [SOLVED]

Also only now I realize that picto didn’t actually answer the “why” part of the Lime regarding the fake wound, but I suppose that with Blackrune’s explanation of why B exclaimed E was dead, the reason why he did that should be obvious. I already declared the game is over, anyway.

In addition, I should clarify that while @Aurarcane did state in blue that E died of poisoning, that blue specifically said it was B who poisoned E, which was in conflict with the facts of the case as B was unaware that E was dead, and I thus did not accept it as a valid answer to the question of how E died.

Yeah, I guess I specified that blue a bit too much :thinsmile:

Anyway, thanks @midsummer for hosting this gameboard, it was definitely interesting!

It was quite nostalgic to see one of these boards again. I should really pull up my bootstraps with working on my next one…

I’m happy you both liked it. Hosting it was really fun, too, after I got over my brief initial “I’m sure I’ve screwed up something major and everyone will hate this board” -phase.

As I already said, all players did a great job, but I’d like to extend a special nod of approval to @Blackrune for very quickly noticing that the door to D’s room might not have been locked, @Karifean for having his first and only post hit dangerously close to the real truth, including bringing up the critical point of B believing E was only faking death, and @Aurarcane for excellently figuring out most of the rest in his very first game.

I’d also like to point out that I kinda screwed up a little when I said to Karifean that the narrative only conceals things that characters who know about would want concealed… even though the narrative concealed the fact that there was a murder mystery game going on in which E was pretending to be dead, and this was common knowledge to everyone in the story. None of the characters really had any particular reason to want that concealed, so it doesn’t entirely fit the bill of what I said about my approach to the narrative concealing things. Granted, I did say the narrative “generally speaking” only conceals information characters want concealed, and I kinda alluded to the game in the narrative by specifying E called the others in for “a night of games” and that E went missing as “the main event was beginning”, the main event of a game night naturally being a game of some sort. But it’s a bit sketchy, I admit.

4 Likes

Thanks for hosting! It was really nice having one of these around again after all this time. You did a good job, I felt like the narrative alluded to the ‘game’ more than enough =P

Fun fact, I actually wrote the first draft of this mystery pretty much right after @ghagler’s first game had finished. I didn’t even have an account back then, so I just lurked and watched people solve it, but it seemed like such a fun experience that I felt like trying to come up with a gameboard of my own, and wrote down what became this gameboard. I think the only concrete differences between the first draft and this final version was that the first draft used unreliable narration like ghagler’s first board, and the second murder had no real trick behind it, instead hinging on a mere play on words.

I probably won’t be hosting a second gameboard any time soon, but I have some unfinished ideas for a gameboard or three. We’ll see if anything ever comes out of them.

1 Like