Toaru Majutsu no Index / Kagaku no Railgun Series Discussion

Still vol 2…

Alright! We have an official announcement now!

Tbh, I like Railgun better and have never fully caught up with index but now that I know it’s getting another season I may actually go and finish season 2.

Season 3 will should change your mind about which is better.

I’m super excited about the news!

Index is my favorite between the two, can’t wait!

I don’t really know if Index could ever change my mind. I really like the world and all, but the reason I like Railgun better is simply because I like Mikoto better as an MC than Kamijo. I think this has to do with the fact that I understand Misaka better than Touya, at least from what I have seen, she seems to be able to use the most logical course of action for something while Kamijo tends to only use his own feelings. That and I can’t stand Kamijo complaining about his luck all the time.

Besides that the only other thing I can think of is I just like the Scientific side better than the Magic one. I like it when series give me an actual way to figure out how much “power” someone has when they are using some magic like ability. This is why I like the Inheritance Series and Umineko. In the Inheritance Series, your power is directly related to how much energy you can weild. In it to be able to use the Magic of the series it takes the equivalent energy of doing the task normally to use the magic. Umineko is somewhat similar in this vein as your power comes from your ability to think and solve mysteries. While Umineko’s one is more vague then the inheritance Series it still is miles better than some.

In the science side, your power relates to how quickly you can calculate what you want to do. This approximately allows us to figure out how powerful every character is compared to another. As far as I know, the Magic side has nothing simmilar to this, plus Kamijo’s hand which I can’t really say anu thing about.

So yeah basically if it makes me like Kamijo more and if the Magic side is more interesting, I will probably like it more, and maybe better than Railgun

I dunno about power balance, but Index has some very strong magic AND science arcs. In particular, the Battle Royale Arc (which is more an Accelerator arc than a Touma arc) and the British Civil War arc will be very exciting, assuming both are adapted in this season. I also feel like the character writing picks up a bit from here on out, so hopefully you’ll come to like Touma more. He is definitely an emotionally-driven person, but he’s not the kind that does things for no reason. More often that not, he ends up serving as a guidepost for Mikoto, who tends to overcomplicate issues, while Touma always breaks things down to their most basic aspects.

I’m sure @UsagiTenpura can talk at more length about why Touma is a great character than I can though :stuck_out_tongue:

Well either way I do plan to give it a shot!

Oh I really do need to spam this thread with endless babbling about toaru whenever I get the chance to really XD.

1 Like

Please do :stuck_out_tongue: