TRianThology Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Yeah that was the other possible way to interpret the garbled mess google gave. Since you know Japanese I’m going to assume your interpretation is correct.

I confirm. Nakao Boushi will do the programming. And, also according to that text, Ryuukishi07 will be responsible for the scenario and supervision of the whole project. He will draw the original art for part of the project, and it’s very likely that his illustrations will be kept, just as usual.

By the way, the musician Luck Ganriki is from the same circle as Nakao Boushi and will be participating this time, too! Yay~

1 Like

Very vague, don’t hold me responsible for any issues with this ._.
…but a recent tweet of ryuukishi suggested at least he was done with trianthology (as in finished it).

Care to link to said Tweet? :stuck_out_tongue:

I kinda don’t keep hold of these things sorry. Perhaps I should next time if it looks like anything pertinent. Ask Epika perhaps she follows these things better then I do.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I’d be somewhat concerned about how well this would go if only because intentionally writing disparate stories is going to make unifying them as an anthology even harder.

Who is the primary editor of this project, anyway? Is there one?

Please make an effort to cite any news you post here. Just saying “Ryukishi tweeted a thing” doesn’t really help much.

Is this the tweet you were referring to?

1 Like

I can’t be sure anymore, but this does say that trianthology is done being written.

Seems like an odd thing to say. Does that mean all three games are complete?

Technically it just refers to being written. The writing is a large part of making a VN of course, but that’s a stretch from “game complete”. It’s simply not saying anything about the rest of it.

Let me rephrase. Does that mean the writing of all three games are complete?

Yes that’s the tweet!

I remember him posting in his diary a few months ago about how he was the only one that hadn’t finished his portion of the story.

nothingmuchiguess summarized the diary entry.

So this announcement is pretty great.

4 Likes

Okay, that context makes a lot more sense. He finished writing his portion (Vespio was it?), and since the other two are finished, this marks the completion of the writing.

Got it!

This is a reservation of mine too.

The fact that each of the stories is disjoint enough to form unique manga is what’s really worrying me.

I think the way to read this is “each of these stories is disjoint until the ‘after story’ -> unification happens in a meta-plot”

I’m ready to be surprised, though.

With that said, I think it’s time for a proper When They Cry entry… someday…

1 Like

Worst case scenario Vespio will undoubtedly still be good as a standalone story. Considering that was the only one of the three that actually sounded interesting to me to begin with, I’m really glad Ryukishi is the one writing it. I do hope this collaboration is a bit more than just a token thing or publicity stunt and that there is some proper interconnectedness and a good reason for it, but even if there is not at least we will have one more Ryukishi work to dig our teeth into.

1 Like

The gallery on the website has been updated-

The art for all three series looks pretty good to me? And I’m intregued by the ‘unknown’ section. I can’t read the Japanese text, but by appearence alone it looks like it might be a sort of umineko-esque metaworld - it has a section in the character profile part of the website now as well. Since there are three characters, I was wondering if they might each link to one of the other narritives, but I don’t know what the profiles say.

The OP is also up! It’s fantastic!

3 Likes

Ryukishi’s coloring has really improved over the years. Though one glaring thing that I want to scratch is the identical body sprites for the school characters. I understand that he’s a writer first, but it still jumps out to me that not-bern shares the same body as 3 other girls in the same exact pose

1 Like

Now it’s buyable and costs 3,000 yen http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/cit/pagekit/0000/00/06/000000068711/index.html?TW=1

Personnaly, I’m a bit afraid of this vn. Even if I liked rewrite, I think it is not as good as the when they cry series, Especially the routes written by Tonokawa Yuto. In fact I’m afraid that Trianthology will be a " good visual novel " but not an " amazing visual novel "… But wait and see.

( also I’m not a english-speaker, sorry if my english is bad )

1 Like

If you’re not sure, you could always wait. I’m sure we’ll learn more about it once it comes out and there’s word of mouth. If you aren’t sure how you’re going to feel about it (which I think is perfectly reasonable given how odd it seems and how little we know), it might be prudent.