Umineko Episode 2 Spoiler-Free General

Strange… This seems to be a flashback, but it doesn’t feel like this happened before episode 1? So Beatrice never appeared in front of Shanon in episode 1’s loop? I had thought that Beatrice wasn’t real…

Interesting… I think… Beatrice might actually think of Shannon as a friend. I mean, obviously she’s using and manipulating Shannon, but, they’re sweet.

1 Like

Sorry to interrupt but

References to later events are strictly forbidden, behind spoiler tags or not. I’ll be hiding these posts for now.

1 Like

All good boss; just had to see what the circumstance was here :ryukishi:
If anyone has any concerns about spoilers they might have seen (which was what the aforementioned posts were about) feel free to hit one of the staff or Voyagers up in PMs and see if they can help first.

Fair enough. Thanks.

And wow, Natsuhi is way better at analogies than Beatrice is.

So Rosa didn’t get Maria the Candy in episode 1…

And in this timeline, it looks like Rudolf told Kyrie about the trial.

Kinzo didn’t seem to hate Battler for leaving the register here. I guess that was just him justifying in episode 1. I’d expect Kinzo to respect Battler for going it alone.

Ok, I think I understand now. It’s not a time loop. Not really. It’s like a simulation. Beatrice and Battler are manipulating events to show that there is or isn’t magic. Episode 2 is more like an illusion.

1 Like

mujie could you stop double posting.

If you edit a previous post the thread will also get bumbed up in the activity ranking.

2 Likes

Haha. I’ve been on Reddit so long I forgot you’re not supposed to double post. Thanks.

Oh my god, Rosa knows where to hit her daughter so the bruises don’t show? That’s… Terrifying… How can this be the same Rosa from episode 1? In episode 1, even though she hurt Maria so much, she still seemed to love Maria. In episode 2, she’s terrifying. This other side of her doesn’t seem to care at all…

I hope that in one of the gameboards, she doesn’t abuse Maria… Somehow… Maybe it will be like how every time travel story seems to end. They don’t just change small bits like Shannon’s broach, but they change the big things too… Make it so that maybe Kinzo never got his fortune, and his kids and grandkids had completely different lives.

But no matter how much Rosa’s struggling, she left her daughter for so long in the rose garden, both in episodes 1 and 2… How can she do that? I’ve tried to think about it from her point of view, because Battler seems to respect her, but… Wow. That face is terrifying.

I wonder… If Kyrie and Rudolf were close even before his wife died, might Kyrie be Battler’s real mother?

Maria’s witch mode is a lot less creepy in episode 2. If it’s a self-defense mechanism, I guess that’s why it was creepier in episode 1. She was retreating into that persona in order to protect herself.

That’s another new thing, isn’t it? Before it was just Kinzo’s sickness that caused him to stay in his office (or so his family thought), but now it’s his research too.

Maybe Kyrie will change Rosa for the better. Because Kyrie is just awesome. I feel like Kyrie does know what Rosa is doing, and trying to motivate Rosa to be a better mother. Hmm… Maria didn’t mention the “bad witch” in episode 1 either. Maybe something really did happen to cause Rosa to be much more angry than episode 1?

Why do all the girls only have one tooth?

Battler didn’t seem to be as sleepy in episode 1 either.

Wait… Does Battler remember what happened in episode 1? The “it’s not my turn yet” seemed a bit too meta…

The more I think about it, the more I can see some religious undertones, or I guess more anti-religion. Kind of. Kanon and Shanon being furniture, essentially “martyrs”. They don’t mind sacrificing themselves or other people, if it means reaching the “Golden Land”

Ha. I can’t have been the only one who thought the family were acknowledging George’s marriage, especially since they were in a Church.

Also, if Beatrice is now one of the 19 on the island, I wonder if that means she could become one of the 13 sacrifices…

Ox-man… He feels like Genji…

Eh? No one thinks that Beatrice can take the master key from Kanon’s dead body?

Beatrice’s red truth’s keep contradicting… Everything.

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on what you think is getting contradicted by Beatrice red truth?

At first I was thinking: “This door is the only way in or out” and “There is no way to get in or out other than the door and the windows”

Before I realised it just meant the door is the only way in or out.

Then, “Kanon was killed in this room” Before I thought that there might be a difference between “being killed” and when Kanon died, before I found out he was Goatman in disguise.

The half-red, half-white sentences confused me before I realised Beatrice was doing it on purpose in order to claim Jessica was the culprit. Although why Battler didn’t mention the half-half, I don’t know.

1 Like