Umineko Favorite Characters Full Series Spoilers

Top 5.

Bottom to top.

1. Erika – Erika is presented as a character who is easy to hate, but once you crack that surface she’s actually pretty complex!!! Her motives are fun to unravel and her personality has always been hysterical to me. Anyway, she’s not fucking best wife so don’t even try.

2. Eva – EVA- Beatrice is shit. Mom Eva could kick my ass and I’d thank her for it. Among the siblings, Eva is the most capable. I wouldn’t describe her as sympathetic because she’s never the victim, she always comes out on top even if that creates tragic circumstances. I don’t really know what else to say about Eva besides she’s such a catch; she’s smart, funny, and she’s rich enough to put me through college.

3. Beatrice – Beatrice might be one of the most interesting characters of all time. She’s awesome force of nature that takes everyone by storm (literally) and has a consistently inconsistent personality done so well, you get to really know who she is, but you wouldn’t be able to explain who she is without making a 130 hour game. Every minute of Umineko is spent building up the environment that allows this fake person to exist. That’s pretty wild. Beatrice is probably ~the best~ and most interesting character just by the mind fuck nature of her existence.

4. Yasu(da Sayo) – Sayo is a bargain deal because liking her implies you like three other characters for the price of one! The mystique of the culprit builds up very well during the VN, and she emerges as the most interesting character despite the reader never truly seeing her. The manga made her more tangible and I’m glad. Her backstory is really heart breaking and it’s difficult to not feel sympathetic for the person who had to bear the weight of all sins committed on Total Trauma Island.
    Sayo is the character who resembles me the most, for better or for worse, and I think that’s why she resonates so strongly with me.

5. Ange – I don’t have a pitch for Ange because I love her so desperately the only way I can articulate my reason is to say that it’s deeply personal! I really clicked with Ange the moment she arrived, and I never stopped liking her. Although Sayo reflects me the most, Ange is the character I most empathize with and understand.

5 Likes
  1. Ange
  2. Bernkastel
  3. Beatrice
  4. Lambdadelta
  5. Eva/EVA-Beatrice
  6. Featherine
  7. Kanon
  8. Battler
  9. Erika
  10. Kyrie
1 Like

OBVIOUSLY BEATRICE! She’s a lovable asshole. Second best is probably Eva, I just love her sass.

On mobile so this is probably gonna be a bit short. Oh man, where to start… Almost all of Umineko’s characters are so richly defined, it’s kinda hard to pick favourites like that.

Having said that, first place for me easily goes to Beato. (by which I mean Yasu - spoiler thread or not, I don’t want to leave something as big as her untagged) I love everything about her, from how compassionate and caring she is (even towards the people who’ve hurt her), to her sense of imagination and creativity, to her trickster-y streak and her love of pranks. She’s so wonderfully complex, so human, even down to how she’s “introduced” to the readers through her different faces - while Umineko was plenty special on its own before I “saw” her, I’m not exaggerating when I say that Yasu’s “introduction” was what propelled it from an already fantastic story to something truly wonderful. I could probably go on for hours about how much I love her, but for the sake of brevity (if you can call it that) I’ll leave it at that for now.

In terms of other characters… Man, it’s really hard to say. Battler, Ange, Natsuhi, Eva, Kyrie, Krauss, Maria… Even Rosa, as terrible as she is, they’re all just such great characters. Ranking them is haaard.

2 Likes