Umineko no Naku Koro ni Sou Concert Announced!

Post it in our meet-ups topic ^^

1 Like

My apologies it took a while to reply! I got home late and I was so tired (plus emotional), and today was so busy at the shrine since it’s Saturday ;; we just closed now so I have a chance to write!

After having an early dinner, my friend and I went over to Katsushika Symphony Hills where it was held. About 6pm and there were a few people hanging around at the entrance already. Everyone was dressed casually or casual-formal! Shoutouts to one person who brought a huge Sakutarou plushie! I wanted to get his picture but I was a little shy ;;

It seemed people had these cool tickets with the Umineko logo on them, but I just had a basic style printed one ;;

The doors opened about 6:30 or so I believe, I wasn’t quite sure the time. They opened early to sell the merchandise in the front - and there was a huge line to get it! The merchandise could be bought before the concert, or during the intermission - I wanted to go before to kill some time and also in case something got sold out!

Some photos about the entrance area 

The signboard showing the concert

The line to get in once the doors opened!

People waiting in line to get merchandise

The posters below the prices

Higurashi Sou display Board

Umineko Sou display Board (sorry for the weird angles, I was catching the photo while in line!)

Turns out I was right, while in line they were selling this CD (Amazon listing) I believe signed by the singer, Katakiri Reika, who was the MC during the concert (and also sang the last song "ă‚ăźæ—„ă«ă”ă‚ŒăŸăăŠ " or “I want to touch that day” at the end of the concert! She is the original singer and is also the singer of the band arrange of Happy Maria!) It sold out super quickly, within 10 minutes! I’m sure it was very limited copies.

Like @GoldenBugHunter, I also didn’t recognize that song, and after searching, in a way I was relieved since I knew all the Visual Novel songs like the back of my hand! So I was a little shocked I didn’t recognize, but it made sense, since this song was actually from Ougon Musou Kyouku / Golden Fantasia (the fighting game) and then later in the Pachinko ending theme.

Aside from the special CD, the regular merchandise was a pamphlet of the concert for 1000 yen (about 10$), the CD + clear file for 2500 yen (25$), and the music book for about 1000yen (15$). And also a poster I believe for 500yen? (5$). But you could buy the whole set of items pre-bagged for their total cost of 5000yen (50$) as well.

They had Higurashi Sou merchandise as well, such as the CD, the clear file, the music book, (same price as the Umineko Sou items) and also the DVD of the concert, but I can’t remember the price. (The price to preorder the Umineko DVD was 3500yen (35$) so I think it was about that or a bit more.

I ended up getting the CD + Clear file set of the Umineko concert. Near the entrance to the hall they also had the advertisement promo posters for free which I took a few as souvenirs! We also of course got the usual program for free that came along with a survery of the show.

Photo of goods I got! Maria not bought there but included for cuteness !

Detail of the CD - the inside

Behind the CD was a photo of Rokkenjima!

Inside the CD booklet was details of the artists performing

Then we got inside the concert hall, we couldn’t take any pictures or videos inside of the performers or during the show, (due to the DVD was going to be sold and copyright of the CD music as well) but I was able to take one beforehand so you can visualize the kind of theatre it was! (I felt like we were all the witches of theatregoing, especially doing the applauses, haha)

Here is the photo, if you can believe it, the person two rows in front on the left holding the paper/program, that’s dai!!! dai, ZTS, and ăƒ©ăƒƒă‚ŻçœŒćŠ› (Luck Ganriki) right in our midst! And so close to us! GoldenBugHunter wasn’t sitting too far either, more off to the left, we were right in the same sphere :shock: I was starstruck when they were called out by Katakiri Reika and stood up to bow and were given an applause, I was completely shocked how close they were. They were the three artists whose songs from the Visual Novel were played in the concert, so I’m so glad they were there to see!

As GoldenBugHunter said, that was the program of the show! (Thank you for translating the titles too!) Here is how it looked in the program book

You’ve been studying Japanese well GoldenBugHunter!! :mii: not furniture at all!
I hope I explained about the artist and the background well above in an understandable way!

As for the announcements she made, mostly it was comments here and there in between the songs about how they were nostalgic to the fans, or if we remembered how the songs made us feel, or comments about how it may sound different with the instruments. (There was 3 violinists, 1 cello player, 1 clarinet player, and the piano player), but just general comments to interact with the fans and provide a bit of a break for the artists!

I agree with you as well, the music was incredibly worth the price - I have no words, but it was simply incredibly beautifully done. I was expecting something more basic, but the way they arranged the songs was lovely.

Deep down, I did wish Akiko Shikata was there to sing the Anime Opening (I’m also a huge fan of her, so that would’ve been a dream come true !!) but it’s true that it was not lacking at all and I found myself being able to remember the lyrics along with the music playing. I agree wholeheartedly, there was so much emotion and range expressed by just the few instruments and the way the pieces were arranged, I was deeply impressed.

I also agree with you so much here!!! Mirage Coordinator was my #1 favourite. It just stood out from the rest so well, I was absolutely shocked. I wish I could upload the track here because it was just incredible the way they performed it. The air in the theatre changed from the level of emotion and intensity it brought out - while before the air and energy was one of nostalgia, fun, lightheartedness, and beauty - when Mirage Coordinator came on, as Ms. Katakiri put it, there was definitely a “magic barrier shift”. It was sooo good. I definitely wish it was longer and we could hear the band’s arrangement of the iconic songs as well.

@Aspirety, the zts on classics just doesn’t do the arrangement we heard justice! That one is also good in it’s own way, but there was a really special way they performed there. It was just incredible!! I want to express more but I think it would be beyond coherent on the fourms, haha. So I will stop here for now!

But definitely, that was my favourite song performed as well. My second favourite was Happy Maria, and then Happiness of Marionette. It also made me wish we had a full orchestra performing, harpsichord, accordion, xylophone and all! I was a little surprised they didn’t choose Nighteyes, since that song would be really strong for the instruments being used. But I’m really happy with the line up and I honestly have no complaints!

Ryukishi wasn’t there but seeing the artists was amazing enough! At the end of the concert I had to rush out to catch the latest train, so unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to talk to them. (The air also wasn’t a good timing, it ended a bit late and I’m sure they wanted to head home as well). However, I filled out the concert survey/feedback sheet and mentioned I found out the concert through Rokkenjima, writing the full address of the site.

I also gave my Rokkenjima business card to the organizers alongside the feedback sheet and requested if they would be kind enough, if possible, to pass it along to the Umineko artists, or if possible Ryukishi as well. I mentioned briefly we are a whole overseas community of fans, and they seemed very surprised, but also very happy! Hopefully they pass the information about our community along! :butterfly:

Overall it was really fun and I’m so glad I got to meet you in person GoldenBugHunter!! I’m sorry I was a bag of emotions between excited, nervous, shy, and so on, haha ;; But I was really glad we were able to go! :joyful:

I hope this could provide some insight and general info about how the concert went! I really wish everyone could have gone as a group but maybe someday for another 07th Expansion event! :sunflower:

My rating is also a shiny :gold: !

15 Likes

Ah, what a thorough retelling of your experience, Bernkastelle, it looks like such an intimate little event from the way you describe it. I am looking forward to the CD release of this one, I do like instrumental music.

1 Like

With @Bernkastelle’s help I reformatted it into an article, enjoy!

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Umineko no Naku Koro ni Sou - Concert Coverage