Umineko no Naku Koro ni Sou Concert Announced!

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Sou Concert Announced!

Umineko fans rejoice! String quartet DEQUAR has announced during 07th Party that they've decided to create an Umineko concert of the same fashion as the Higurashi Sou concert. Tickets for the October 6th concert are being sold for 3,500 yen. It's pretty amazing how it also correlates with the fhird day of the Rokkenjima incident.

They've released a list of songs to be performed on October 6th:

It's great to see more concerts by the string quartet DEQUAR. More chances to buy any CDs and/or DVDs to showcase our love for When They Cry. The Higurashi Sou Concert CD is still being offered at CDbaby, but there are no announcements as to whether they will carry the DVD yet. If you're planning on attending the concert in Japan do let us know down below.

http://umineko.top/

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/umineko-sou-concert-announced/
3 Likes

Oh man amazing track list! A shame that I definitely won’t be able to be there, because Japan is very far away :mii:

You will be able to buy the DVD of the concert though!

Probably going to do that, but live is always even better, so the sadness is still kinda there. You yourself should be able to attest that, what with you having been at a KSL concert yourself.

This should be very exciting news for fans of Umineko’s music, I suppose. Speaking of, for anybody who has the DVD or went to the Higurashi concert last year, what is this quartet’s music like?

Still waiting on mine to arrival in the mail, should be here shortly!

Hi everyone! Im new here, but joined recently finding this site!

Thanks to this information, Ive booked my ticket and will be planning to attend!
Id be happy to report back any info if needed, photos, etc.
Please let me know !
Im really excited! Perfect day too!

7 Likes

That’s great to hear! If you’re willing to report on it we can arrange to have it featured on the blog :smiley:

Will you be attending any of the other events?

1 Like

Thank you !!! I’d be honored to give a report!
As for 07th Masquerade and the Live events, I really want to go, but I dont think my schedule can permit them
I’ll see if 07th Masquerade (Id love to see Ryukishi in person!!) maybe but I cant do the Live sadly ;

Bernkastelle, I will be going to the concert too. Would you like to coordinate and meet there?

3 Likes

I would love to!! I’m going with my friend as well if that’s okay!

1 Like

You guys better take a photo together to put in the Post Yourself topic! I’m trying to collect photos of Rokkenjima members meeting IRL~

Well, if you guys are comfortable with that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would be so happy to!! ☆

I could do a photo, sure.

We should probably lock down the schedule a bit tighter as we get closer to the event, but there’s still time before that’s necessary.

1 Like

Ignorant Question: Do we know what the dress code is for this? Because, it’s in a concert hall, right? So full classical music / opera fancy pants dress? Or since it’s game music T-shirt and jeans like I was going to a rock concert or convention? I feel kind of dumb even having to ask, but I really don’t know…

1 Like

I have uploaded most of those songs from the Higurashi dvd into my wedding music. The orchestra versions were quite good.
I assume Umineko will have the same items as my higurashi did. Unfortunetly the songbook did not feature all the songs. This post reminded me I still got to get the book back from my wedding band >_<
higurashi_sou_by_daisu1-dayd8sd

3 Likes

I think you’ll be very at home in fancy clothes, but since it’s an otaku event I won’t be surprised to see lots of casual clothes either. Just don’t come in with a happi and glowsticks :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, I’m back from the concert. Aspirety, you were exactly right and thanks for the advice.

The concert was, of course, amazing. The track list was shuffled around a bit from what had been posted prieviously, so here it is:

The episode one Umineko opening music.
Black Liliana
Dance of the Moon Rabits
Organ Short #600 Million in C Minor
Fishy Aroma
Happiness of Marionette
Thank you for Being Born

intermission

Umineko Anime OP
Happy Maria
Far
Mirage Coordinator
Dir
*A song that I actually did not recognize. Something about on that day? They played an instrumental version as the final piece, and then for the encore the announcer joined in and actually sang. From the lyrics, I think it might be an image song for Ange? My Japanese isn’t really good enough, so maybe Bernkastelle can comment here? :bern:

Three of the composers were there, Dai, ZTS, and a name full of Kanji that is too much for me. Sorry. :sweating: I didn’t really talk to anyone but Bernkastelle since, well, I really can’t yet. My Japanese was good enough to pick out words of the announcements between pieces here and there, but I couldn’t say I fully understood the things being said. Right now, I might as well be furniture. :furniture:

But I can at least talk about the music itself, and that was worth the price of admission. A string quartet, clarinet and piano combination has a very specific sound, and that brought some strengths and weaknesses. I think the obligatory pieces, like the Anime opening for example, kind of suffered because they didn’t have that booming full on orchestra and chorus combination to really put out a wall of sound for the parts that are supposed to be bombastic. The person picking the tracks knew how to play to their strengths, however. Fishy aroma and the other, more reserved pieces came out very soulfully I thought. A live performance and the stringed instruments themselves really allowed a lot of emotion to come in to these tracks.

Based on what I’ve said so far, you might think that Mirage Coordinator was on the weaker side. That’s certainly what I was expecting by the time of the intermission. But I want to actually call that one out as my absolute favorite song of the night. The best remixes always take the original song and make something new out of it, and I really want to praise this new take. I heard a version of Mirage Coordinator that was, instead of a dynamic techno sword fight, a song of pure fear. Something to raise the hair on the back of your head and make you want to look over your shoulder. It makes me wonder what a simillar re-arrangement could accomplish with some of my other faster paced favorites like Dream End Discharger or System Zero.

All in all, I had a great time. Concert rating: :gold:

10 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing this! I look forward to hearing back from Bernkastelle too. Did you two get any photos together? :joyful:

I do wonder, how does the rearrangement of miragecoordinator compare to the Zts on Classics version?

4 Likes

The ZTS on classics one has a totally different vibe. I would describe that as closer to a traditional Final Fantasy boss fight song. The one from tonight wouldn’t be out of place in a slasher movie. But thank you for sharing that track with me. :happy:

Ah, and the pics. I am, unsurprisingly, the big one on the left.

14 Likes