Vote: Your favourite Higurashi club members! (Full Series Spoilers)

I know there’s a thread for discussing favourite 07th characters generally but I thought this’d be interesting data to compile. I’m sure most of us love the whole club dearly, but who are the members who have a really special place in your heart? You can choose anything from one to three characters.

• Rika
  • Satoko
  • Keiichi
  • Rena
  • Mion
  • Shion
  • Hanyuu
  • Satoshi

0 voters

2 Likes

Might want to spoiler tag this thing

1 Like

Oops, you’d be right, done.

For comparison, the results of the 2012 official poll (Mion > Keiichi > Rika > Rena > Hanyuu > Satoko > Shion > Satoshi). Pretty interesting, considering Rena was originally the mascot character. I expected Shion to be higher based on the popularity of her arc, too.

2 Likes

Here’s another comparison!

From the 2015 Higurashi Sui official poll - Rena took the spot on #1 followed by Rika, Mion, Keiichi, Shion, Hanyuu, Minai Tomoe, and Satoko!

Though if you want to just include the original cast here’s the official poll from the 2013 Higurashi Sen event for the Higurashi Outbreak OVA. Rika took the spot on #1 followed by Rena, Hanyuu, Keiichi, Mion, Shion, Satoko, and Tomitake.

3 Likes

I was wondering if there was more recent data, thanks! Funny how the positions change quite drastically each time.

1 Like

Fucking RIP Satoshi

3 Likes

Satoshi transferred from the minds of the people here…
(Kill me please)

5 Likes

Feels like I have to pick Shion solo because I do like her just a bit more than any of the others.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s worse than I almost didn’t include him to save him some face

1 Like

See’s low Hanyuu
As it should be

2 Likes

Why, of course I’ll pick Shion, but Rika is a close second, so I’m voting for her too.

1 Like

The twins. Duh. <3. Shion in particular but I love Mion as well so…

2 Likes

Yeah no problem! I’ve been around the fandom long enough, wanted to share my knowledge haha!

1 Like

I’m a little sad at Satoko’s low results. I have to say that I really thought she was one of the best characters.

3 Likes

She is a great character - but I find her unlikeable - especially early on and in her own arcs.

I voted for Rena because she is my leading Higurashi love - though if I was voting on their merit as as club members I would vote for Rika - her ability to float below suspicion and steal victory (or at least avoid total loss) at the end is the most satisfying tactic to watch unfold.

1 Like

The recent pachinko live had character polls! So yay more recent results! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Seraphitic Based on the impression the fandom gives me, I feel like Satoko is a character that most people like, but a lot of those people like other characters more than her. Even though I’m one of those people, it’s sad to see the cauliflower children so neglected.

On a different note, I’m happy to see the twins ranked so high. :hauu:

1 Like