What's going on with the Umineko manga?

Nope, you are not alone on that one.

I’ve also colored mine lol

3 Likes

The artwork pages in my copies are in colour, but all the text is still in black-and-white, yeah. The translation notes say it’s to save on ink costs, which… is fair enough, I suppose. I think the worst part is that (EP5 Spoilers) the English version’s full spread of BATTLER declaring Kinzo’s corpse in gold is in black-and-white, too, even though the Japanese version is (supposedly?) in full-colour. Disappointing. :frowning:

On a more general note - Did Vol. 1 of Requiem get delayed or something? I’d been hearing November 14th for a while, but now suddenly Chapters has December 19th listed as the release date… I checked Google Books this morning, and I’m 99% sure it said Nov. 14th then, too, but now it’s Dec. 19th as well…

In BookDepository I still see it’s out in 7 days, so it’s pretty weird.

Also, I kind of suspected that the reason they took so long is the more tricky translation (EP7 spoilers) - keeping Lion and Yasu’s genders all blurred without using ‘her’ ‘him’ and so on could’ve been a challenge fo them. In fact, in the past there was an actual drama in the manga’s fan translation regarding it and the fandom got realllly angry and irritated. I hope they didn’t mess it up.

1 Like

I guess I’ll close this topic since it’s long since been resolved. Can’t wait to read EP7!

2 Likes