Yet another little nugget of a mystery [GAME 3] [SOLVED]

Welcome everyone to my third gameboard! I can already hear whetstones on pitchforks, so don’t worry, I’m sure the solution won’t be as controversial this time.

Adrift Voyagers! I have found yet another fragment for us to satiate our boredom with!

Minor spoilers up to Episode 4 are in the rules of this game, as usual, so if you would prefer to not see such things, that’s fine, you may leave.

I’m sure all of you are already grizzled veterans of my boards, but those infernal goat masks prevent me from seeing the faces of those that are gathered, so I’ll explain the rules anyway, just to be safe.

An abridged version of the rules is that if I say something in red text then it is true, the aim is to answer all of my lime questions about the mystery, and proper form for doing so is to post your theory that answers the question in blue text.

I will retaliate and invalidate your theories by revealing more red truths about the incident and you will counter with a new blue theory that satisfies the existing reds and we have a back and forth like that. I have the true solution noted down, and you have to keep going till I back down.

If that wasn’t enough detail for you, then you can read The Full rules below, if you wish.

[details=The Full Rules]>Rule 1: The game will be written ahead of time by the game master, and the story will be posted in the thread. The players must aim to defeat the gamemaster, by answering all mysteries the gamemaster presents them with.

Rule 2: Everything the player’s are told happen, did happen. No catbox shenanigans here!

Rule 3: **If something is said in red text, then it is true.**

Rule 4: Once the narrative has been told, the game game begins proper. The players must attempt to answer the lime questions while the gamemaster tries to come up with as many unanswered limes as they can, until the gamemaster loses.

Rule 5: Proper form for answering lime questions is to use blue text to propose a theory that answers the question. The blue should only be used to state theories that answer lime questions. A blue is struck down and made invalid if it contradicts any pre-existing reds, and the game master will note whenever a blue is struck down. A blue can be struck down by a red after the blue is first put forward, (obviously). A blue is valid as long as it is not struck down by a red, it does not necessarily have to be correct, it just needs to be valid.

Rule 6: If the players cannot succeed and find an answer, then the gamemaster must disclose the solution of the board to at least one trusted person (like a Moderator). This trusted person must then announce (in the red) if the solution “checks out”, or not. This trusted person may no longer participate in the game, and may not disclose the solution unless the gamemaster says they can. If they say the solution does not “check out” due to it contradicting one of the reds or a similar issue, then the gamemaster must privately ask the trusted person why it doesn’t work. If the gamemaster cannot provide a counter argument in private telling the trusted person why it makes sense, then the game is null and void. If this occurs, the bogus solution may be revealed.

[/details]

I have given up on my attempts to predict the difficulty of my games, I clearly need more experience to be able to tell. Still I don’t think this one is too hard, and it should be easier than my second gameboard.

Alright, is everyone in their seats? Then let’s begin.

Let us turn our attention downwards, and chortle at the mysteries of a lower plain.

Three men, two Africans and one Asian have been found in a supposedly “haunted house”. They seemed to have commited suicide, one hanging himself from one of the ceiling beams with a makeshift rope of curtains, one was found with a gun next to him and a bullet hole in his head, and the last had burn marks around his hands with a plugged in set of electrodes next to his body.

This is the scene that greeted the detective that is the first to walk in through the door after their deaths.

“What on earth is this?” he said out loud.

I think I’ll open with the standard lime, you know the deal by now:

How did they die?

Curtains killed everyone!

If you wish to stand by that blue then answer me this:

How did the curtains cause the deaths?

They died exactly as described. One by curtain-rope, one by bullet, and one by self-electrocution. They were all a mutual, simultaneous suicide.

At least one of them was murdered.

Somebody walked in, killed all three of them, and set up the scene like this.

I’m sorry, I’ll try harder next time.

It’s haunted house, so curtains can move around and kill people!

[color=blue]There was no murder. The scenario is a show on a stage, the victims and detective merely actors.

Also 9/11 was fake.[/color]

1 Like

I gave up on that one after seeing the red about one of them being murdered but can’t hurt to try I guess.

something something “murdered” in the context of the play.

it’s wrong anyway

the detective that is the first to walk in through the door after their deaths.

If you wish to stand by that blue then answer me this:

How did the killer kill them, and then set up the scene in such a way that they didn’t need to go in through the door after they died?

The three people mentioned at the start of the narrative are really dead.

I can’t think of any other old obvious messes to get out of the way so I’ll leave it there for now.

Tomorrow I’ll have a clear head and can come up with NEW stupid ideas.

I look forward to it, Crimson.

They strangled one, shot the other, and then electrocuted the third. All of this happened while they were already inside the room, so there was no need to go ‘in’ ever again. They just left and never walked back in.

There are no signs of a struggle in the room.

Last, an idea. Just want to see if I can phrase this so it needs to be addressed.

The murders were all contained within the room. The three men killed each other, in some order or another. Perhaps simultaneously, or perhaps the last man alive killed themselves out of guilt. The point is, I speculate there is no other human involved in this murder outside of the victims themselves.

Let us define the three men mentioned at the start of the narrative as a collected group called “the three men”

At least one of “the three men” was killed by someone outside that group.

Oh, and to be safe, even though it’s a common knowledge rule.

Repeat this in Red! “The Detective is not the Killer!”

I refuse

It’s too vague, Crimson. What kind of killer? A killer of who?