A brand new nugget of mystery [GAME 5] [SOLVED]

Regarding how the narrator knew his sister died, there’s also this:

The sister was on life support of some kind. The “knowledge tinted in red” that he had difficulty processing was his sister’s vitals shown to him through a monitor, the information presented in red hues. From this information, he knew when his sister died. This also gives him a motive - taking care of his severely ill sister was frustrating him, and he sought to get rid of the responsibility that was dragging him down, but could not bear to do it himself, so he had a serial killer do it. Maybe the little object he knocked off the table that was important to his sister was a bottle of medication.

Though that’s a bit far-fetched compared to your suggestion.

The key really was crushed. In addition, the time while the narrator is dazed does count as during the narrative.

“I might strike back against that one later, but it can stay for now.”

At the instant the red truth about the sister’s murder is spoken, the number of living humans in the house dropped by one, to two!

Repeat it: “At the time the red truth about there being ‘two people in the house’ was spoken, the narrator was inside the very house the entire narrative takes place in!”

At the time the red truth you mention was spoken, the narrator was inside the house the entire narrative takes place in!

The key was “crushed”, in the sense that powerful force pressing its opposing surfaces towards each other was exerted upon it, but not in the sense of “imploded and broke”. The narrator certainly tried his best to use enough force to break the key, but the crushing grip of his fingers was not up to the task. This unorthodox use of the English language was foreshadowed by the Sorcerer’s tendency to use “it’s” when “its” would be grammatically correct.

But since I don’t know when that key could’ve been used, I suppose this point is moot.

What isn’t moot, however, is this.

The serial killer is the narrator’s sister, and the other person mentioned in the red truth regarding the two people inside the house. The narrator’s other sister is in the house as well, but unfortunately she is brain dead, and thus counts as a living human but not as a person. This is how three human beings could’ve been inside the house, but only two people.

1 Like

Hmm, from the knowledge attained by the Game Master saying that after the murder, the number of people dropped from one to two and the narrator saying before his daze that at the time two people were inside the house, the killer must have entered the house during the narrator’s daze.

I was thinking that too, that there are two sisters, and one of them is the serial killer and is the her he refers to after knocking whatever it was he knocked off the table. But I don’t think your theory about her not counting as a living person is correct and her being inside the house the whole time is not possible, otherwise, how does the key tie in with all of this?

The sorcerer wandered over to the telescope as he continued conducting his orchestra of weapons, fiddling with it for some kind of purpose as he repelled the theories coming his way.

The key that was crushed really was rendered completely unusable as a result!

The narrator only has one sister.

I already said it, but repeat it in red: The time the killer entered the house was during the narrator’s daze.

The sorcerer clearly looked somewhat irritated to have his fiddling interrupted by something that in his opinion was so pointless.

He set aside some sort of map he was glancing at and turned to face the player who had spoke.

“Listen, @Sapphire. Do you understand how repetition requests actually work? This is an honest question, I’m willing to educate you if you don’t know.”

Oh, stop it, you shark of a Game Master!

Hmm, the door is never unlocked for the entire mystery, and is the only way one can enter the house, yet somehow, someone manages to enter… hmm…

Might as well throw this out before going to sleep.

Between the door being locked and the narrator’s sister getting killed, there is a gap in time that is not considered a part of the narrative. This is plausible since the narrator is clearly out of sorts during the whole ordeal, barely able to register what is happening around him. During this gap, the door could be opened with some method such as using a freshly made copy of the key.

“Have a nice sleep, this blade might be nice to cuddle as you lull yourself into unconsciousness.” he said as he tossed a large weapon at the incoming theory obliterating it before neatly landing in front of the seemingly departing voyager.

There are no such gaps in the narrative as far as the red truths are concerned!

Interesting that 1)There is only one key to the house, and 2)The narrator is in possession of it, not the narrators parents, who aren’t home…

How are the parents supposed to get into the house when they do get home if they don’t have a key!?

Thanks @Yerian, you gave me an idea.

There are actually two houses in this narrative. One of the two houses is a puppet house or other type of miniature house. The key fits for that house and the whole locking and unlocking refers to it as well. For that reason, the key is made of a material that can be destroyed with bare hands (plastic, for instance). The thing the narrator knocks down is that same house. His sister probably played with it. Since he destroyed the key, it probably becme useless. That same thing is the useless knick-knack he sees on the ground later. This means that the house the narrator and his sister reside in was never locked in the first place.

3 Likes

“Your theory is beyond absurd!”

“I like it”

With that the sorcerer plucked a magnificent lime colored rail cannon from beneath the table and aimed it at the theory. His words charged the futuristic looking device, with it ready to fire if the question posed was not answered.

And why would the narrator suddenly use those words to describe a different house?

Upon being knocked off the table, the doll house broke, and therefore could no longer be considered a house. “This house” could now only refer to the house the narrator resided within.

1 Like

I surrender and give in to being the Game Master’s furniture for the remainder of this game, thus I get to go to the Golden Land and learn the truth.

If there is such a doll house, then it did not break from the fall, and could still be considered a house.

Because he knocked it over.

He forgets about the thing he knocked down, which I said is the house. Therefore, the doll house no longer exists for the narrator and from then on “this house” refers to the house the narrator resides in.