A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME 4] [SOLVED]

Perhaps I can present my closing argument, and our hosts can strike back at it with whatever reds they please.

A couple of years ago, one of the employees did not participate on his official company holiday. Someone else boarded the cruise in his stead… mystery assassin X.

This poor employee was not left without a cruise, however, as he went on the same cruise at a different time that year.

Mystery assassin X, who had been waiting on the boat for years, finally made his move during the most recent cruise. While he was not present on board at midnight – perhaps he was taking a swim or was on a different boat at the moment – later that night he entered the victim’s room.

As for how he entered the victim’s room, he could’ve stolen a key from someone, or perhaps picked the lock. Or perhaps he had a key of his own that he obtained before the holiday even began.

Inside the victim’s room, he stabbed his unconscious victim in the leg. The victim did not wake up, because he had been injected with a knockout drug that kept him unconscious until after sunrise.

(also, I love the question mark in “A little nugget of anti-mystery [GAME4] [SOLVED?]”)

1 Like

I’ll make it official!
!

Karifean already did make it official if you didn’t notice Antra~ It is a nice title.

Or he could have been simply knocked Unconscious as I’ve detailed in previous blues.

True. Additionally, should a drug have been used, it could’ve been administered through other means than injection, as well.

I suppose from what I recall from the records of truth this is close enough this time. I simply figured that a bit of cruelty would spice up this game for everyone.

With that I shall bring this game to a close.

The Witches Senate accepts the theory put forward by @midsummer as the truth of the matter!

Perhaps we will meet again when something else cries~

…Repeat it in red: This game really is over.

I’m still curious why exactly somebody figured he should stab the victim in the leg and then just leave.
Probably just thinking too hard about it though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was pretty curious about that as well. Before I devoted all of my time for showing that mystery assassin X could be there, I was wondering whether that weird detail was somehow key to what exactly happened. I made some random blues about it, but I don’t remember if they were answered. Probably not, since what was refuted was the existence of the eighth person, not the ways he could’ve screwed up murder.

…If this game isn’t over now, I will be the one who cries.

The next WTC game will be named after @midsummer. When Midsummer Cries.

4 Likes

Let it be shown through the following document, THE RECORDS OF TRUTH that all was fair in this game.

The man who was stabbed was stabbed by a stowaway on the ship.

The company has begun hiring out the boat as an ordinary cruise ship open to the public in order to gather more funds for a big project. This began after the last holiday.

He began his stowing away by purchasing an expensive suit to fit in and sneaked aboard during the last official company holiday when security was laxer. 7 people did indeed board the ship then, one of the employees of the company skipped the official holiday but took the cruise when it was open to the public later that year.

The culprit had to stay aboard the ship for 2 years avoiding detection as part of his espionage training, using the various skills he had learned in prior years to successfully get his suit washed, find places to sleep, stay out of the view of cameras the whole time and blend in with other passengers. He also had to fish for food, not be detected by any routine checks of the ship and preserve his food for the long almost six month stretches where the boat was not on the waves.

Almost every day the ship was on the waves at midnight (when convenient) he dangled off the edge of the ship with a grappling hook he had made from assorted parts and climbed back up the rope in order to keep his body in shape. This occurred on the night of the stabbing, and is the reason he was off the boat at this time.

The culprit gave the victim a sleeping/painkiller gas he had kept on his person the whole time to prevent him from waking up (being sure to administer the correct quantity so the man would wake up at his usual hour), stabbed the man, took a picture, and prepared for his departure planning on threatening the man or his family out of a large sum of money later on.

The man’s exemplary performance made him figure he had the right to disembark slightly earlier than his training called for.

rest is clearly not pure evil, otherwise he would have made us guess about why the man wasn’t on the boat at midnight

So the man was stabbed by Solid Snake, okay.

What confounds me the most, however, is that people apparently don’t choose their own titles, but rather, they’re given by moderators? @pictoshark was not a Magic Teapot by choice, but was turned into one by @Karifean?

A shocking revelation.

Indeed. The titles are given out by the Mods based on merit. You yourself seem to have earned one.

So it seems. Though I suppose it means I have no genius left for any other gameboards people might post this year, since I already spent it all on @ghagler and @pictoshark’s gameboards. Oh well, being a genius twice a year is good enough for me.

4 Likes

Well hey… at least I was right about the stowaway.

How unprofessional that the Records of Truth fails to cover a Leaf Question in it’s write-up.

3 Likes

Eh, locked rooms.
Clearly least important detail.
anti-mystery intensifies

1 Like

It was already established to be a mechanical lock. There are many a method to get around that, as long as the door was intended to be picked by it’s designer.

Came to see the solution. I… I don’t even. That is one dedicated assassin.

2 Likes