A Seasoned Veteran and a Sherlock-in-Training Try to Make Sense of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Honestly I’m just happy to finally meet Gaap! She’d be flattered with how much we’ve talked about her in the playthrough already~

It’s very interesting that we’ve arrived at a point where the murders aren’t particularly horrifying anymore, they’ve become commonplace and Ep4 seems to be the episode where most readers are desensitized to the gore. I wonder if that’s all part of Ryukishi’s grand design…

Also yeah, this is it lads. The End Times are upon us. Thanks for sticking around this long I’ve had such a wonderful time recording these and sharing our antics with you all. As Jokrono said you can catch up with us via the playlist and we hope to see your continued support going forward! Also hey, if you need any stellar* voices for something silly feel free to hit me up yo, I gotta keep in practice :pukuku:

*Warning, may not be stellar.

5 Likes

One final word of appreciation before the forums close.

Thanks for making this amazing series, @Jokrono and @MagusVerborum. This playthrough has been a wonderful way to re-experience Umineko, and I can say with confidence that sticking along with your ride has made Umineko better for me than it would’ve been had I just reread it myself. Insight is good, antics are hilarious and voices are stellar. Five magical Gohda chefs out of five.

I officially* elevate this playthrough to the coveted rank of Best Thing™. I will certainly be following it until the very end.

*Warning, may not be official.

8 Likes