Another little nugget of a mystery [GAME 2] [SOLVED]

After his first board was mercilessly slaughtered by a comparatively tiny group, your favourite warlock in training has psychologically recovered and is ready to take center stage again!

Are you ready, gathering voyagers? Judging on the time of year if you’re around here then I guess you really do need some help with satiating your boredom, so I’d be glad to help!

Just remember the favor, I might call it in later.

Kuhuhuhuhu…

For those not familiar with the rule set, I’d advise reading the first post of the first game.

An abridged version of the rules (minor spoilers up to Episode 4), is that if I say something in red text then it is true, the aim is to answer all of my lime questions about the mystery, and proper form for doing so is to post your theory that answers the question in blue text.

I will retaliate and invalidate your theories by revealing more red truths about the incident and you will counter with a new blue theory that satisfies the existing reds and we have a back and forth like that. I have the true solution noted down, and you have to keep going till I back down.

Got that?

The difficulty should be a little harder than the last gameboard, but with my lacking experience there’s a chance it could actually be even easier. Overall it shouldn’t be too tricky though. Let’s close off the year with some lighthearted fun!

1 Like

Is everyone settled in their seats? Bah, it hardly matters. Let’s raise the curtain on our second game! Hopefully this one will last a little longer, okay?

Our setting is sometime earlier this year.

Let us turn our attention downwards, and chortle at the mysteries of a lower plain.

A man is holding up the sole bank of a small village using a revolver in one hand and a switch in the other. He claims that the switch is connected to a set of bombs attached around the perimeter of the bank, and that he has an accomplice outside the bank who will signal him if sees anything funny.

The man’s demands are simple, a sum of £100,000 and for a vehicle for his escape. Until these are met he demands that no one steps within 100m of the bank no one currently inside leaves and that no attempts are made to bring harm to him or thwart his plan.

He seems to be telling the truth, there are odd, dangerous looking objects situated around the bank’s perimeter.

Unfortunately for him, the man miscalculated, the average bank, especially one in a small village simply does not have that kind of money on hand.

The man believes he is being deceived however, and says the bank has 30 minutes to find the money or he’ll blow the place sky high with him in it!

An hour later the bank is still intact.

And so, as usual, we’ll go for the standard lime to kick things off:

How?

1 Like

Huhuhu, some people never learn, do they?

So far none of this seems at all mysterious. The man could have been bluffing, or promptly decide against going through with the threat. Or the objects were not actually bombs. Or they malfunctioned. Let’s get that out of the way so the reasoning can start for real, shall we?

1 Like

Let’s go with a ridiculous one first.
Please repeat in red: The man was sound of mind throughout the incident.

The objects positioned around the bank really are bombs, and if the man had pressed the switch they really would have detonated.

The man had no such change of heart, nor did he decide to switch tactics half way through.

1 Like

Oooooh a newbie passing through?[quote=“King_Titanite_XV, post:5, topic:885”]
Please repeat in red: The man was sound of mind throughout the incident.
[/quote]

I refuse

You have yet to corner me with a blue, so I have no obligation to indulge you.

Build a blue, then come back.

1 Like

Let me say something ridicilous.
(I forgot how to color code text again D:)
Someone sniped him and his accomplice with rifle outside of the bank.

What if the switch malfunctioned? Would pressing the switch detonate the bombs throughout the entire incident?

[color=blue]**STUFF**[/color]

1 Like

Thanks!

The man was not sound of mind, and due to this he could not keep track of the time, meaning when 1 hour had passed, he had not perceived that more than 30 minutes had gone by.

Okay sure but it’ll take me a while to get the color coding down.
Hmm…
The man was insane or otherwise not sound of mind and mistakenly did not detonate the bombs as a result.
It doesn’t deserve bonding because it’d not a good theory yet.

Hangh, please build coherent theories with the blue. I’ll counter anyway:

Hoohoo, how bold! Unfortunately, the man had no such affliction or ailment that would cause the symptoms you just described. Furthermore, he was wearing a radio watch throughout the incident which he used to track the time that had passed.

1 Like

When 30 minutes passed, he killed everyone but didn’t detonate the bombs, just took the money and ran away. Therefore bank was untouched.

1 Like

Did my phone just autocorrect to make mistake I made only twice last thread? Ffs
Ok whatever you get the idea.
At some point in time the switch would have not detonated the bombs properly, whether this be a weaker Blast or lack of a blast. This was when the trigger was pressed.

1 Like

Okay how about
The man held the switch upside down or otherwise made a mistake so he couldn’t go through with his plan.

1 Like

The man recieved the money that he asked for in the hour time limit and left, with or without his partner, in the car he demanded.

1 Like

Sorry about that everyone! My responses were slightly delayed due to a… situation in another fragment. Anyway, resuming the game!

The man did not kill anyone

There were not sufficient funds in the bank to meet his demands. This includes any money that individuals within the bank had on them.

The man would not make such a foolish mistake.

If the bombs detonated then they detonated with sufficient force for a single one to cause significant damage to the structure of the bank.

1 Like

Hm… let’s try to throw multiple blue truth’s…

[color=blue]The man’s accomplice betrayed him, either by killing the man himself, or by letting someone in to kill or arrest the man. [/color]

The bombs were never detonated, because the man shot himself with his revolver.

The bombs were never detonated, because someone tampered with them while the man didn’t notice.

The man got the money, but he didn’t actually count how much they gave him, and also got the vehicle and ran away.

The man wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings, so someone got a chance to sneak up on him and take the man out, either by taking the revolver away from him or by sheer force.

The man wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings, so someone who was inside already had some sort of a weapon, and they killed the man or at least injured him.

1 Like

Okay, he didn’t kill anyone, 30 minutes passed, he took the money they had and left. Then bank would be untouched even after 1 hour or 1 day.
So bank is still untouched and his accomplice may have found the car.

1 Like