[APRIL FOOLS] When They Cry 5: Collaboration no Naku Koro ni Unveiled

When They Cry 5: Collaboration no Naku Koro ni Unveiled

Today at 07th Party, Ryukishi07 himself has finally revealed details on the next game in the When They Cry series! When They Cry 5's official tital is 'Collaboration no Naku Koro ni' or 'When the Collaborations Cry', and is the first game in the When They Cry series to showcase a collaborative effort from a large pool of developers!

Bernkastel and Lambdadelta will be reprising their roles from Umineko for this game, and they will be joined by deductive minds from a wide selection of fictional universes, locked together in a gameboard of mutual killing, where the only hope of survival is determine the culprit behind each murder through a clash of red and blue. But don’t give up. Only you can stand up to this.

The full confirmed roster of characters is as follows:

Bernkastel - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Phi - Zero Escape Series Watase Kasasagi - Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Kaede Akamatsu - New Danganronpa V3: Minna no Koroshiai Shingakki Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney Series Victorique de Bloise - GOSICK Hildibrand Helidor Maximillian Manderville - Final Fantasy XIV David Young - D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die Miyoko Anzai - THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Naoto Shirogane - Persona 4 Mio Nishizono - Little Busters! Kyle Hyde - Hotel Dusk: Room 215 & Last Window: The Secret of Cape West Lambdadelta - Umineko no Naku Koro ni

The opportunity to witness an all-star cast of deductive minds pitted together in a battle of wits is surely something When They Cry fans will be excited to hear about. Which character do you believe will be the first to commit murder, and who will ultimately emerge victorious? Let the speculation begin!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/when-they-cry-5-collaboration-no-naku-koro-ni-unveiled/
4 Likes

Best thing is that my current understanding and thoughts on Bernkastel’s and Lambdadelta’s characters actually fits with a reprisal of their roles.

1 Like

Wha-… M-Miles Edgeworth? That Miles Edgeworth? My hype levels are through the roof right now.

2 Likes

This sounds extremely hype. We are blessed to have Ryukishi in this world.
But I do have a question.
Who will be the main writer, and how will these other writers adapt to WtC style mysteries?
edit: Well, we just got trolled. :pukuku:

1 Like

Hey guys…

This really sounds amazing and I truly hope that it is real but… remember what date it is tomorrow…

3 Likes

Oh man, I loved THE [email protected]: Cinderella Girls. Super hyped.

2 Likes

I know but my heart wants this to be real.

it’s a trap