Devil's Playground - Game 2 - [SOLVED]

Welcome to the second trial, everybody. I have a special mystery for you all today, one committed by my longtime friend, Jarkus. Jarkus was a ferryman on the high seas in another life, but after an unfortunate run-in with a group of pirates, his soul was condemned to sail the seas for all time. Until I found him anyways. He is content to spend the rest of his life in peace, but every so often he hears of people trying to encroach on his territory…

Without further ado, let us begin.

When people thought of Renman University, the last thing they would think of was their Naval Engineering department. Perhaps due to its lack of renown and prestige, its Ph.D. Naval Engineering department was very tight knit and close. It helped that there were only a few students in their program, but the main force for their unification was their yearly retreat to the shore, Marzanven Beach.

Marzanven Beach, on the other hand, a property owned by Renman, was widely known and for its natural beauty. Students knew it as a place where workload would be reduced, and Professors loved it due to its lack of technology. Their only company was a landline It became a tradition for the Naval Engineers to take a week of classes there. They would be dropped off by a shuttle on Friday morning, given plenty of supplies, and picked back up on Sunday afternoon.

The building, dubbed ‘The Swiss’ due to its great functionality had a great many rooms, including an auditorium, lecture hall, and dorms. Once the Naval engineers were dropped off on August 13th, they each claimed their own rooms.

Aimee Beauchamp, the head of the department, took room 1.
Mark Smith, one of the lecturers, took room 2.
Jamie Vander, the other lecturer, took room 3.
Arvin Gupta, the newest student, took room 4.
Madison Renly, the eldest student, took room 5.
Shuta Crisky, the incoming student, took room 6.
Meldin Flores, a professional in the field, took room 7.
Garovel Hectan, the groundskeeper of The Swiss, took room 8.

After getting settled, everyone had a great start to their day. People who wanted to enjoy themselves went outside and had some fun at the beach. Those more interested in learning were bestowed a lot of practical knowledge by Meldin. Even Garovel enjoyed himself despite knowing nothing about Naval Engineering.
Then the day ended and everyone went to bed in their own rooms. According to policy, right before bed they had a roll call. Everyone was present besides Shuta. They all split up and searched for him.

Within minutes, they heard a scream.

They all rushed to the auditorium where they saw Aimee with blood on her hands. Blood that came from the bloodied body of Shuta. He had a large blade sticking through his stomach, looking like it was skewering him to the ground.

Everyone panicked, but Garovel was able to bring order to the room. He suggested they lock up the room, and call the police to come get them. Upon trying the phones, they realized that the landline had been cut and they had no choice but to wait for Friday. They all locked their doors and slept uncomfortably through the night.

The next day people were in slightly better moods. Everyone came to the consensus to stay inside and not get too split up from each other. They all broke up into small groups and spent the morning trying to get their minds off of the murder.

Garovel, Aimee, and Meldin spent the time in room 1.
Mark and Jaime were in the lecture hall.
Arvin and Madison spent the time in room 4.

Come lunchtime, Mark and Jamie went upstairs to round up everyone. They found Arvin and Madison talking in the hallway, joined up with them, and knocked on the door to Aimee’s room. When they didn’t hear any response, they became panicked. The only keys to the room belonged to Aimee and Garovel, with his master key. They quickly searched through the building but could not find either.

They broke down the room and found the bodies of Aimee, Garovel, and Meldin with the same type of blade skewered in their bodies. Madison fainted in shock, and the other three checked the bodies, confirming their deaths. They also found the keys to the room in the pockets of Aimee and Garovel, and nobody else was in the room.

After rousing Madison, they informed her of what happened. She did not trust the safety of the rooms anymore, so she took the master key and locked herself in the lecture hall. The others went to their rooms and decided to not open it until 8:00 am the following day in which they would, as a group, check on Madison.

When they checked on Madison the following day, they had to break down the door. When they got inside, they found her in the same condition as the others. Bloody with a blade stuck in her stomach. They grabbed the master key and checked the other rooms, and found that their bodies were still there.

Now I realize that the game is fairly open ended, as nothing has yet been resolved, so I’ll give you all something to work with.

First of all, to give you all a little more on the layout of the building, here are floor maps. Perhaps this can save you all from falling into the trap I created in the first trial.

Floor 1. From left to right and top to bottom: Auditorium, Hallway, Men’s Bathroom, Stairs, Woman’s Bathroom, Lecture Hall.

Floor 2. From left to right and top to bottom: Balcony, Hallway, Men’s Bathroom, Stairs, Woman’s Bathroom, Dorms (Room assignments start from the room in the top left as 1 and circle around, ending with the one in the bottom left as 8), Dorm Hallway.

There are no hidden people. The only people in The Swiss were the ones previously mentioned in the story.

It would be a poor mystery if someone committed suicide. All deaths were homicides. Nobody killed themselves.

All deaths were intentional.

The dorm rooms each have their own key. There is only 1 master key, which can open any door.

Once again, your task is to find the who and how of the murders.

I am adding two rules to this round, however. You may only present one Blue Truth at a time. Feel free to ask for any number of confirmations. Also, I may ask you to clarify your Blue Truth if I feel that it isn’t specific enough. The Blue Truth must cover all murders.

3 Likes

Repeat this, if you can:

1. Regardless the number of accomplices there is only one culprit.
  2. When Aimee arrived in the auditorium Shuta was dead.
  3. In the second day Arvin and Madison never entered in Aimee’s room before it was broken down.
  4. Aimee’s room refers to room 1.
  5. The keys found in the pockets of Aimee and Garovel were the master key and the key to room 1.
  6. At 8:00 am of the third day Madison is dead.
  7. In the second day, at lunchtime, Aimee, Garovel and Meldin were dead before Aimee’s room was broken down.
  8. There are 8 people in The Swiss.

And could you explain more about the use of blue? Can I only use it once or at certain times? How long should I wait before using it again?

That’s a lot of repitions. I’ll accept some of your requests.

When Aimee arrived in the auditorium Shuta was dead.
In the second day Arvin and Madison never entered in Aimee’s room before it was broken down.
Aimee’s room refers to room 1.
The keys found in the pockets of Aimee and Garovel were the master key and the key to room 1.
At 8:00 am of the third day Madison is dead.
There are 8 people in The Swiss.

As for the other two, I refuse.

Blue truths are limited to one until I reply to it.

On August 14th, Aimee, Garovel, and Meldin were playing dead when the the door to room 1 was broken down.

Also, could you confirm the location of the key to the lecture room at 8:00 am on August 15th?

Make your Blue Truth cover all murders, this only explains the second.

There is no key for the lecture room. Only the master key can open it.

Here is a cursory theory

None of these are actual murders. The red truth simply states that these deaths were intentional , but never stated that these deaths actually happened. It could be intentional in that the deaths were depicted on purpose by the pranksters. Aimee, Shuta, Garovel, and Medlin wanted to play a prank on Mark, Arvin, and Jamie. Shuta played dead and Aimee screamed to lure the rest into the room with her scream. Shuta is “dead” as per the red truth as in their role in the story/prank was effectively over. Aimee, Garovel, and Medlin faked their deaths when Arvin, Madison, Mark, and Jamie broke into the room with their bodies. After they left, sometime before 8:00 A.M. Madison faked her death in the lecture room.

I realize this theory is me taking the easy way out, and I have a more proper solution to give later. As for their motivation (as an aside). it is stated in the opening narration that they are a close group, so pulling pranks like this isn’t too absurd.

People died! That means they were alive and then someone killed them. No figurative deaths were had.

This is a single blue truth I organised in three parts:

1. August 13th:
    Anyone could have killed Shuta since the auditorium was probably closed, or the master key could have been used. The culprit is most likely to be Garovel, Meldin or Madison.
  2. August 14th ~ August 15th:
    At least one person in room 1 was faking their death (either pretending to be dead or using a fake corpse) and waited until their corpses were found. Madison took the master key and locked herself in the lecture room, however she opened the door to someone who should have been dead, and got killed. The killer stayed in the lecture room.
  3. August 15th:
    When the lecture room was opened the killer escaped it and returned to where its corpse should have been. It could have been killed later on by Mark, Jamie or Arvin.

I must also request the confirmation of these:

1. There are no means of entering and leaving any of the rooms mentioned in the story besides the door. You might add windows if you want.
  2. Everyone was killed where their bodies were found.
  3. After Madison locked the lecture room, she never opened it.

There are no means of entering and leaving any of the rooms mentioned in the story besides the door and windows.
Everyone was killed where their bodies were found.
After Madison locked the lecture room, she never opened it.

Neither Shuta, Garovel, Meldin, Aimee, nor Madison’s body left the room that they were suspected to have died in.

This is a single blue truth I organised in three parts:

1. August 13th:
    Anyone could have killed Shuta since the auditorium was probably closed, or the master key could have been used. The culprit is most likely Arvin, Mark or Jamie.
  2. August 14th ~ August 15th:
    At least one person in room 1 was faking their death (either pretending to be dead or using a fake corpse) and ended up being killed afterwards, once again Arvis, Mark and Jamie are the most suspicious ones.
  3. August 15th:
    Mark, Jamie or Arvin could have killed Madison, it is stated they went to check her at 8:00 am, that doesn’t mean the door couldn’t have been opened before that time.

The auditorium door was not opened after Shuta entered it until Aimee found his body. Of course, Shuta closed the door behind him.

Aimee killed Shuta as soon as she entered the auditorium. After doing the deed, she lured the others with her scream. Her accomplices may be Garovelm Meldin, or Madinson. Either Aimee killed Garovel and /or Meldin and faked her own death, or 2 or three of them played dead alongside Aimee. In any case, after Mark , Madinson and Jamie broke into the room with three “dead” bodies, Madinson being an accomplice took the master key, locked herself in the lecture room and pretended to play dead."

So if this is true, basically RIP Jamie and Mark.

None of them would be fooled by someone playing dead.

If Arvin, Mark, and Jamie were accomplices, then of course they wouldn’t be fooled, they were in on it

I realize this is silly, since that leaves no one to carry out madinson’s murder, unless there was a dispute down the line.

Repeat if you can :
Each of the three people checked all the dead bodies in turns.

I refuse

Construct your full theory, and I will respond.

Repeat, if you can again : All the people went straight back to their respective rooms after the agreement

All the people went straight back to their respective rooms after the agreement

1 Like

The culprits were Aimee, Arvin, Mark, and Jamie. Aimee killed Shuta and lured the rest with her scream. Afterwards, Aimee killed Garovel and Meldin, and played dead herself. Mark, Arvin, and Jamie knew Aimee was playing dead so of course they weren’t fooled. Afterwards, sometime before 8:00 A.M., Mark, Arvin, and/or Jamie managed to kill Madinson. Possible ways they could have done this was : They never actually woke up Madinson, they killed her, placed her in the lecture room and locked it from the outside. The narration states they simply grabbed the master key, not that the master key was with Madinson’s body! They did this to create an illusion of a closed room to throw off the police.

Of course your red of “Madinson not opening the lecture room” fits with this, as dead people generally don’t open doors, now do they?

1 Like