Devil's Playground - Game 2 - [SOLVED]

I’d love to, but as you see, I cannot reliably appear coz I am not home :confused:

You are awesome though.

1 Like

The culprit was inside the lecture room when Madison was killed.

Hah, you think a demon such as I, Aligias, would give in?

Shuta was alone when they closed the door in the auditorium, but for only that moment. The culprit entered the auditorium afterwards- from the balcony! The culprit, Arvin, entered the balcony from the second floor. One of them shot Shuta with a gun or something. The balcony does constitute the auditorium. Afterwards, Aimee opened the door to the auditorium and before everyone else arrived, she stabbed Shuta’s dead body with the sword.

Afterwards, Aimee killed Garovel and Medlin and played dead herself. Arvin checked Aimee’s body, him being the culprit wasn’t fooled by Aimee. He killed Aimee and thus when the other two checked the body afterwards they justifiably believed Aimee was dead.

Madinson entered the lecture room and locked it. Arvin used trap X to kill Madinson from outside the lecture room .

See the truth posted to Alex’s demand.

Repeat this “it’s impossible to lock the door to the lecture room through the window”

It’s impossible to lock the door to the lecture room through the window.

I also want to mention, that there has been discussion for a couple hours on the Discord. It feeds my ego.

1 Like

Repeat this:

1. “The only way to lock the lecture room is using the master key”
  2. “The lecture room is composed by a single room, and has no access to any other place, even if inside the room, unless you use the door or the window to leave it”

I have already answered these before. But I’ll humor you.

The only way to lock the lecture room door is using the master key
The lecture room is composed by a single room, and has no access to any other place, even if inside the room, unless you use the door or the window to leave it

** Added door to the red truth

Shuta was alone when they closed the door in the auditorium, but for only that moment. The culprit entered the auditorium afterwards- from the balcony! The culprit, Arvin, entered the balcony from the second floor. One of them shot Shuta with a gun or something. The balcony does constitute the auditorium. Afterwards, Aimee opened the door to the auditorium and before everyone else arrived, she stabbed Shuta’s dead body with the sword.

Afterwards, Aimee killed Garovel and Medlin and played dead herself. Arvin checked Aimee’s body, him being the culprit wasn’t fooled by Aimee. He killed Aimee and thus when the other two checked the body afterwards they justifiably believed Aimee was dead.

Madinson entered the lecture room and locked it. Arvin used the bathroom window to stick his hand into the lecture room and killed Madinson. The bathroom window is too high up to access it from the lecture room so this does not contradict the red truth of the sealed lecture room. Arvin’s hand being in the lecture room allows for Arvin to “kill from within the same room”.

The culprit was completely inside of the lecture room when they committed the murder. That is to say, no part of their body was in another room or outside The Swiss.

Note, I just edited two red truths to add the word “door” to them. That’s what they referred to in spirit, but I thought I’d be clear.

First two mysteries happened as suggested in the preceding blues.

For the third, Arvin climbed down his window and entered through the lecture room window. He then kills Madison. He then left through the window and locked it from outside. Nobody ever “took a step outside The Swiss” because that’s meant in a very literal way and he technically never touched the ground. :bern:

1 Like

After Madison locked herself in the lecture room, Arvin talked to her through the window and she gave him the master key. Arvin unlocks the lecture room, gives the key back to Madison and she once again locks it. Arvin kills Madison and breaks down a path back to his room through the floor and, from his room, uses Madison’s corpse to lock the passage in a way that could be said Madison locked the room,
creating the illusion of a perfect closed room.

For the third, Arvin climbed down his window and entered through the lecture room window. He then kills Madison. He then left through the window and locked it from outside. Nobody ever “took a step outside The Swiss” because that’s meant in a very literal way and he technically never touched the ground.

Well played.

I had a feeling that someone would get it who had a fresh perspective. Alex, Echo, and Farispie kept thinking leaving the window was prevented due to my reds, when in fact, I never said anything like that!.

I truly did not expect the third murder to take so long. Like I said in the discord, my inspiration for this gameboard was the first murder (Alex dubbed it “The Bloody Balcony”).

I still have a couple gameboards in my pocket, so the Devil’s playground will resume next week.

1 Like

Great gameboard! I definitely had tunnel vision for the third murder, but otherwise masterful use of the reds!